What's your avatar?

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
landshark

Re: Still working on one...

Post by landshark »

zer0eight wrote:I am still trying to make/tweak some animations.. currently it is a short loop of Leon shooting a zombie in Resident Evil 4.

zer0eight
That's a great pic.
aurang

Post by aurang »

Saki Vashtar from Area 88.
In space, no one can sink your battleship!
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

A cross paw design made by another fellow. I'm christian and I'm into furry (No, not one of those pervs having sex while dressed as animals. My involvement with the medium is in a very light manner). Simple, huh?

Minzoku wrote:
No, I don't root through trash :?
Boy am I glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that line. Otherwise my screen would be covered with Kool-Aid and snot. :lol: :P
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Salamander.

All throughout the old forum, from start to finish, I had a Metal Babble from the Dragon Quest/Warrior games.
Tomtom

Post by Tomtom »

Right now mine is Bolt, the "Militant Pilot" from Progear. I'm really not playing Progear, but I think the character designs are neat.
zer0eight

Re: Still working on one...

Post by zer0eight »

landshark wrote:
zer0eight wrote:I am still trying to make/tweak some animations.. currently it is a short loop of Leon shooting a zombie in Resident Evil 4.

zer0eight
That's a great pic.
Thanks Landshark! It's tough to get a decent 80x80 animation in under 20kb!
Less than zero, more than infinity.
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Part of an untitled piece by Zdzislaw Beksinski, converted to grayscale.
MadSteelDarkness

Post by MadSteelDarkness »

Mines's much crappier than most of yours, but I'll tell ya:

It's from a scanned gun safety flier with some hysterical translations:

"Never shoot as joking, always look before shoot. The careless use may cause injure and be punished". Classic!

I think it came off of Google image bank, but I'm no longer sure. I've got a whole series of these pictures that I'll probably throw on as the whim hits me.
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

MadSteelDarkness wrote:It's from a scanned gun safety flier with some hysterical translations:

"Never shoot as joking, always look before shoot. The careless use may cause injure and be punished". Classic!
That reminds me of when I was working near a helicopter landing pad, and came across a safety poster with illustrations, warning people of the subtle hazards of being decapitated by the spinning blades.
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

It's a government ninja from the anime movie Ninja Scroll. First time I saw the movie I didn't care much for it, but I guess in the past few years I've drifted away from movies that actually require some intelligence and lean towards the mindless blood-fest of movies such as Ninja Scroll; besides, shadowy ninjas in lightning look supa cool!
greg

Post by greg »

Since I'll eventually change my avatar, I'll post my current one here to prevent confusion down the road:

If you can't see it well, it's a boy in rain gear holding an umbrella with a cat hiding on his head, and a little froggy next to him. I forget the title of this, but it's a work from the favorite artist of my wife's and mine, Seiji Fujishiro. His art is both cute and surreal, with classic Japanese minimalism. It's called kiri-e which uses cut paper as a medium. It's silhouette art. His museums are dark, with light shining from behind the artworks. He creates worlds of fantasy and beauty and innocence, with elves, insects, fish, cats, you name it. My wife and I have his art all over our apartment.

Here's more I've written about this artist on my homepage:
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~uw7g-bwr/life/life18.htm
Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.
alpha5099

Post by alpha5099 »

Mine is Señor Tusken Raider, who sits on my desk. I had this cheap, hollow Tusken Raider figure I bought years ago, and I got this bottle of salsa that came with a tiny sombrero. I was going to put the sombrero on my Godzilla action figure, but it wouldn't stay. But the little spikes around the Tusken Raider's head kept the hat in place, and so was born Señor Tusken Raider.

How he came to an avatar, both here and on my LJ, I no longer remember. I like him, he's a recognizable character, he's a good avatar.
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

Ha, I always thought that Tusken Raider was just some puppy hound dog...with thos "ears" and big, deep black eyes...so cute!

But it really is a tusken, isn't it :(
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

Cigarettes the Cat, of course. From the inside flap of one of the Spumco Comic Books.
MadSteelDarkness

Post by MadSteelDarkness »

That reminds me of when I was working near a helicopter landing pad, and came across a safety poster with illustrations, warning people of the subtle hazards of being decapitated by the spinning blades.
That's awesome! I'd love to see that flier. I just thought of that bit from the original Dawn of the Dead, when the zombie slowly advances toward one of the protagonists as they're refueling the helicopter, only to have the blades shear the zombie's head off. I always LMAO at that bit.
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

My favorite canto-pop singer Miriam Yeung.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

My avatar originally was a blotter paper with a picture of Albert Hofman on it. He's the man who originally synthesized LSD. Now it's Agoraphobic Nosebleed... awesome, awesome band.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
Reiki

Post by Reiki »

Acid King wrote:Now it's Agoraphobic Nosebleed... awesome, awesome band.
Fuck yeah.
PlasmaDancer

Post by PlasmaDancer »

Mine is the same avatar that I had decided on mere seconds (slight exaggeration) before the old forum met its demise. I was trying to choose something that complemented my username...I had an image in my head of a ship jinking through a bullet cloud at first, but manic shmup screenshots don't translate too well to avatar sized pics. After discarding one of Vanessa Schneider (literally 'plasma dancing'), I've instead plumped for a bit of psychadelic craziness from Tempest 3000.
'It's all in your imagination...if you put your mind to it, you can be capable of anything.'
Gozer

Post by Gozer »

Sparkster from the Rocket Knight Adventures series.
gmw

Post by gmw »

The avatar I use on all sites I post on - Jinguuji Saburou from the classic Japanese detective adventure game series Tantei Jinguuji Saburou.
King Slime

Post by King Slime »

My avatar is the robot Gort from the old 1950s movie, "The Day the Earth Stood Still."
"If capcom must crank a new game every 3 months, it's your duty to keep on top of the new developments in your fanfic script, no matter how not fun it is."
-The silly wisdom of DJ Incompetent
zimeon

Post by zimeon »

Reimu Hakurei from the Shrine Maiden series. Or at least, her legs. It kind of reflects my reaction when I play shmups: "w000t!? How am I supposed to avoid all these friggin' bullets?"
Enthusiasm without skill
system11

Post by system11 »

Mine is the cover of an old album - Medusa by Clan Of Xymox. Still a great record too.
Shearie

Post by Shearie »

Mine is the old demon guy from Legend of the Overfiend. I am most likely going to change it soon.
sethsez

Post by sethsez »

WHEN THERE IS NO MORE ROOM IN HELL...

THE DEAD WILL WALK THE EARTH!

:D

It's the head from the original Dawn of the Dead.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

A random robot "helper" from Futurama.
FRO

Post by FRO »

My original avatar was Snake Man from Megaman 3.

My current avatar is the album cover for "Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance", my fav album from my favorite band, Tourniquet. They are a Christian progressive-thrash metal band that has put out a lot of high-quality albums. This particular release is from 1992 and is still a killer album.
OptimusPrimeX

Post by OptimusPrimeX »

Optimus Prime

a hand drawn different version of optimus prime. And i'm still not sure where this picture is from. Either a comic spin off of a Transformers series,another japanese artists rendition of OptimusPrime, or from one of the JDM cartoon series'.

I use this avatar on most message boards. I get the X in my name because at one time i started a Fan-Fic of Transformers, and i was going to draw a comic based on an Alternative OptimusPrime.. that was X communicated when he didn't get picked as leadar of the Autobots. Still something i want to do, but haven't had a chance
dpful

Post by dpful »

Mine's from some arcade flyer on the net. I love arcade games.