Project Aerosol

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
fryght

Project Aerosol

Post by fryght »

Hello everybody,

I'm currently working on a shmup which lets players build bosses, which are then put on their profile on the website, so that others can challenge them.

The current state can be found here:
http://aerosol.ilinx.nl

In the game ('Play'), use the arrow keys for moving, Z for shooting, hold down Shift for precision moving (pretty much the same as Touhou's keys). For using the editor you need to make an account and login. In the editor you can place turrets, which can then be sequenced in the edit tab. The sequencer has 3 sections on the little red bar, corresponding to the life stage of the boss. Each of the eight big blocks under it correspond to blocks of time within that life stage. Each time block is 4 seconds. If you want to have a better idea of how it works, check out the test tab. Also make sure that you have your turret selected (it shows tools for moving) when making changes in the sequencer.

I am curious to see your responses to it's current state. I still have a lot to do and a lot more planned to implement. Any suggestions are welcome!

Also, I am looking for more artwork to implement into the editor and the game. The player plane I made is not so nice, imo. The rest of the graphical stuff was made by my sister :D
If anyone wants their work included (and, of course, credited), then send me a message :)

Regards,
Fryght
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Cool idea, I like the 'Players defeated' count .. :P
fryght

Post by fryght »

Yeah, i still need to have those converted to little skull icons.
Players get medals for each boss they beat :)

Also, i want to try and do something with buying upgrades for your player plane (new looks, options, different attacks (laser, etc)) and maybe something with random boss item drops, for use in the editor.
worstplayer

Post by worstplayer »

Just played it. Cool game.
But i have a little problem with it. When i select a boss to fight, it opens new window, the game isn't in focus, but the boss starts immediately shooting. By the time i reach for mouse, click the window, and grab gamepad again, i'm already dead.
It would be nice if boss waited until player starts moving or shooting.
"A game isn't bad because you resent it. A game is bad because it's shitty."
fryght

Post by fryght »

Yeah, that's the first thing i'll implement :oops:
I'm planning to implement BulletML as well, so that players can script their own bullet patterns. I need to enable players to flip the bullet pattern spinning directions as well. Anyways, you guys can post a wishlist/suggestions here as well, since it's always good to have input from different sources.

Edit: Hmmm, i just noticed that Internet Explorer is misplacing the player upon starting :roll: