jpac questions

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
jonny5

jpac questions

Post by jonny5 »

so i just got a JPAC and the PSX adapters to go with it and im having some issues

before i get into the issues i must ask....the male end on the supplied VGA cable is missing a pin.....is this normal??

i have a feeling this is what is causing my issues.......

with the ps2 hooked up i get a picture and controls but the picture looks as if im wearing night vision goggles..very odd

i have all the jumpers removed when trying the ps2

and when i hook it up to my PC with a radeon x1600 pro 512mb using soft15khz and quick res running at 15khz i get a garbled picture.....i have fiddled with the holds and no luck......can kinda stablize it a bit but still really messed up

and contrary to the ultimarc site unless i have quickres running at 320X240 i get no picture on the monitor.....even at 640X480, which should give me the double screen....

with the PC i have the jumpers on 15 and 31 khz as instructed on the ultimarc site

i have emailed andy at ultimarc but i figured i would see if anybody here had any ideas....

i was stoked to get this stuff and none of it is working for me....and im positive its all set up right according to the site...

im at a loss......and not very impressed......

please help
poodude

Post by poodude »

The missing pin on the supplied VGA cable is normal. I use the one they gave me, and it works perfect with my arcade monitor/PC. I'm also using it with the default settings with the jumpers on the 15khz and 31khz pins.

I could never get it working with a standard video card, so I use the arcadeVGA which will display on arcade monitors natively. I am sure it's your video card/drivers.

As far as the PS2 goes... I am assuming you bought ultimarcs control adapters..

I know for the console kits you have to buy a little adapter that the VGA from the console goes to. It amplifies the video and has a sync separator circuit. You need this even if you're using a jpac. That may be your issue.

jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

got the ps2 sorted....i had to go into the bios and switch it to RGB.....it looks amazing....im actually quite surprised how sharp it looks

now i guess i just need an arcadeVGA card and i should have the PC up and running in the cab
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

jonny5 wrote:got the ps2 sorted....i had to go into the bios and switch it to RGB.....it looks amazing....im actually quite surprised how sharp it looks

now i guess i just need an arcadeVGA card and i should have the PC up and running in the cab
For some folks, they forget that the PS2 console does have built-in output for RGB and Component Video, outputting in RGB mode does the trick quite nicely. ^_~

An Ultimarc Arcade VGA Card is nice to have, btw.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

good to hear you got it sorted, i had the same problems you did. could you do me a favor and play some 2 player games for a little while and let me know if you have any issues with the controller adapter? i would appreciate hearing your findings.
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

no problem.....out of curiousity why 2 player games??

is it an issue with the player 2 side or using both sets of controls at once??

cuz i will have a 1L6B panel on my cab in the next few weeks so if its just the 2 player side or both used at once i wont have any issues

hopefully all is well.....cuz it looks soooooo good on the cab!!!

i suppose i can hack some ps2 pads to the CP but that would be a bother....

i will keep you guys posted on the control adapters performance over the next few days....im planning on putting it through the works tonight.....
antron

Post by antron »

jonny5 wrote: is it an issue with ... using both sets of controls at once??
no
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

you will probably be ok then. some users have experienced problems with the player 2 side of the psx adapter.