Rapid Prototyping Sessions at Shmup-Dev

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Motorherp

Rapid Prototyping Sessions at Shmup-Dev

Post by Motorherp »

Hi all. Unfortunately due to other responsibilities of the admins at shmup-dev the next official competition has had to be delayed. To fill the gap we've started a whole new chapter in the story of shump-dev, 'rapid prototyping sessions'. These will be short game development sessions based around pre-determined concepts and rule sets designed to encourage people to explore new ideas and develop their skills in a friendly and non-threatening community environment. Hopefully we'll be pushing some boundaries of the genre here as well as learning a lot and having a great deal of fun in the process. All are welcome so if you're interested please visit the new prototyping board and take part. Good luck all.

Link to shmup-dev can be found in my sig.

:: SHMUP-DEV ::
- what it says on the tin
worstplayer

Re: Rapid Prototyping Sessions at Shmup-Dev

Post by worstplayer »

Just two questions:

-Rule for this week is that player can't shoot. Are close-range attacks allowed? I always wanted to make a shmup based on ramming enemies :)

-I'm don't have an account on shmup-dev. Can i just join and start right away?
"A game isn't bad because you resent it. A game is bad because it's shitty."
Motorherp

Re: Rapid Prototyping Sessions at Shmup-Dev

Post by Motorherp »

worstplayer wrote:J-Rule for this week is that player can't shoot. Are close-range attacks allowed? I always wanted to make a shmup based on ramming enemies :)

Sure thing, it's within the rules. Let your creativity run wild.
-I'm don't have an account on shmup-dev. Can i just join and start right away?
It's free to join so just sign up and start posting and taking part in the sessions any time you like. New members are always welcome.

:: SHMUP-DEV ::
- what it says on the tin