Jet's and Guns

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
slowhand

Jet's and Guns

Post by slowhand »

Pretty cool independant shooter, just found it on Game Tunnel. I'll let the review do the talking, but I looks pretty damn cool.

http://www.gametunnel.com/html/reviews-189.html
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Although the game has issues with my videocard, I've played it on a friend's comp and I find it extremly well done. The Soundtrack is by far he most outstanding though! It's amazing.
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Guardians Knight

Post by Guardians Knight »

had this for a while, i did make a topic on the old board but nee body was interested.

I is a great game, altho not your standard shooter set up, there can not really be a 1cc but a great game none-the-less.

Oh and the sound is great, if you like heavy guitar riffage, if not then you're gonna dispise it and head for the music volume switch.
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

I've tried the demo. It's a reasonably well done Euroshmup (Note: I don't know if it was made in Europe or not, but it seems to fit into the same category as the other European stuff) and although I don't think we'll see anyone going for high scores or anything, it's a great "I had a really lousy day at work and need to blow lots of stuff up fast" game.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
the2bears

Post by the2bears »

Vexorg wrote:I've tried the demo. It's a reasonably well done Euroshmup (Note: I don't know if it was made in Europe or not, but it seems to fit into the same category as the other European stuff) and although I don't think we'll see anyone going for high scores or anything, it's a great "I had a really lousy day at work and need to blow lots of stuff up fast" game.
I believe you're correct, in that it was made in eastern Europe.

Bill
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

As mentioned the music is fantastic! What's even beter is that the whole soundtrack is FREELY downloadable from the creators' website. :D
It's about 75MB though, so broadband only I guess.

check it out on: www.machinaesupremacy.com

They also dit DoveZ's soundtrack which is also freely available and very much worth listening to!!! This certainly is a band (collective?) to keep an eye on.
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
postman

Post by postman »

I got to play the full version of this game, and I like it. Main selling point is the shop, and all the different weapons and items that you can buy to upgrade the ship.

Dodging is different from the usual shmup, you cant dodge a lot of flak since it's so small and there's so much of it, so you need to decide what to let hit and and what (more damaging fire) to avoid. Levels are mission based, so you might need to steal a fighter, last a certain amount of time, kill a number of enemies, etc.

Music is great, sounds Amagia-ish some levels and hard rock in others. Difficulty is up there.......you really need the right weapons for each level and touching enemies or background really hurts the ship. Full game is better than the demo level, but I recommend this game.
Don't just dodge bullets, dance around them.