chaos field : PS2, Gamecube or Dreamcast ?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
lucifershalo

chaos field : PS2, Gamecube or Dreamcast ?

Post by lucifershalo »

are there any difference between the versions?
which one is the best?
thanks
Neon

Post by Neon »

Gamecube.
lucifershalo

Post by lucifershalo »

thanks for the quick answer
can u develop your answer a bit...
why?
better graphics?
more features?
etc
Neon

Post by Neon »

Gamecube version, from what I've read, has less slowdown than the Dreamcast version, and more extras. Flat out better.

Keep in mind this is only what I've read on the internet, which certainly doesn't equate to fact.

Dunno why you'd want this turd of a game though.
lucifershalo

Post by lucifershalo »

I am a new shmup amateur into Dreamcast,Gamecube,xbox,PSone and 2, neo geo cd and soon Saturn
so probably I try to find any shmups I can find...
got already shmups like
GC star soldier, ikaruga
DC Border Down,Bangaioh
Xbox Psyvariar II
psone and 2 Silpheed, R type final, R type Delta

and ordered DC Trizeal
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

I don't think it's coming out on PS2; I'm pretty certain that that information was false. Could be wrong though.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

lucifershalo wrote:thanks for the quick answer
can u develop your answer a bit...
why?
better graphics?
more features?
etc
Search the topics. There's one called "GC Chaos Field" or something that lists the differences.

EDIT: Here's the link - http://forum.shmups.com/forum/viewtopic ... haos+field
dave4shmups wrote:I don't think it's coming out on PS2; I'm pretty certain that that information was false. Could be wrong though.
Yeah, sadly looks like that was BS. I rechecked the announcements awhile ago and it appears that no game news site ever mentioned a PS2 Chaos Field.
jiji

Post by jiji »

GameFAQs need to delete their entry for PS2 Chaos Field. It's causing a bit of confusion.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

GameFaqs generally keeps the entries for cancelled games but marks them as "cancelled" rather than removing the entry. For games that are legitimately announced then later cancelled, this is a good feature, however.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Too bad they've got so many damn mistakes and omissions nowadays, esp. after the database was overhauled.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Ganelon wrote:Too bad they've got so many damn mistakes and omissions nowadays, esp. after the database was overhauled.
*shrugs* It's not like we don't have any mistakes in our Xenocide files; which haven't been fixed either. I never would've found out about a lot of my favorite games if it wasn't for Gamefaqs.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Neon wrote: Keep in mind this is only what I've read on the internet, which certainly doesn't equate to fact.

Dunno why you'd want this turd of a game though.
That's "hear-say"!
Also callinjg this game a "turd" is evidence enough that you haven't played it and want to go along with the original vibe after the release of the game...

It REALLY is a damn fine game! I can easily forgive it it's faults and so would you (if you're like me...) if you gave it a chance at least!

So it isn't "the next coming"!? It still is a good game!
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
jiji

Post by jiji »

dave4shmups wrote:*shrugs* It's not like we don't have any mistakes in our Xenocide files; which haven't been fixed either. I never would've found out about a lot of my favorite games if it wasn't for Gamefaqs.
Regardless, errors and inaccuracies need to be weeded out and removed wherever they exist - in the Xenocide Files or GameFAQs. I should volunteer to give the Xenocide Files a good cleaning-out.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

I second that. Malc seems really busy nowadays; why not have another admin fill in on some of his duties? I mean, all the Xenocide Files issues have already been listed.
Neon

Post by Neon »

Also callinjg this game a "turd" is evidence enough that you haven't played it and want to go along with the original vibe after the release of the game...
Liking it is evidence that you got no taste :wink:

I did only play it for two or so hours, but it was long enough to see that it was mediocre. Lot of slowdown too.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Neon wrote:
Liking it is evidence that you got no taste :wink:
Hey! Ilike YOU! ;) :twisted:
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
jp

Post by jp »

I thought Chaos Field was OK, nothing too special.

It was at least worlds better than Psyvarier 2. Bleh.
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!