Free copy of PSX Soukyugurentai

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Diabollokus

Post by Diabollokus »

I say hold an international martial arts tournament.

The winner must then toe the line and fight 10 shmuppos of his choice 3 mins per man.

Followed by 2 hours technical demonstration of 1CCing radiant silvergun and batsugun in all 4 loops.

I here proclaim thee a 3rd dan shmuppo and worthy of soukyugurentai.

Well thats what i went through!

Edit. For Twitch's extreme lathargy.
When you go for a dan belt, you must endure torture normally 30 mins of 1 on 1 multiple opponents followed by 1-2 hours of technical kata demostration. For my black I had to test 10 of my fellow browns. I spent 1 year preparing and your attitude is direspectful.
Last edited by Diabollokus on Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vidi Vici Veni
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

Diabollokus wrote:I say hold an international martial arts tournament.

The winner must then toe the line and fight 10 shmuppos of his choice 3 mins per man.

Followed by 2 hours technical demonstration of 1CCing radiant silvergun and batsugun in all 4 loops.

I here proclaim thee a 3rd dan shmuppo and worthy of soukyugurentai.

Well thats what i went through!

Uhmm humm...I'm already tired from just reading that post.
hikarutilmitt

Post by hikarutilmitt »

Hm, hard for me to pass up free Sokyu. Need to actually own some sort of Raizing port, since Garegga is a good ways off, for me.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Ooohh, pick me. Oh wait, I already have both Otokuyo and the PS Hamster re-release...

Or is perhaps the re-release you have the original version of the PS Soukyugurentai? If it's the original version, maybe I should be picked anyway to see what the differences are. Oh wait, I already have a downloaded copy of the original PS Souykugurentai as well to see what the differences are...

Yeah, don't bother putting me in the draw.

BTW, the only difference data-wise between the original version and the re-release of PS Soukyugurentai is the Hamster logo in the beginning (as opposed to Sonic Wings Special where Hamster also put the text "Arcade Hits" in the title screen). It still irks me that Hamster changes the actual code of their re-releases though.
WheePenPen

Post by WheePenPen »

ooo sounds great... put me in the drawing please :D
Neon

Post by Neon »

ord, frogacuda, wheepenpen, and hikarutilmitt added.
HayakawaKen

Post by HayakawaKen »

Is it too late to add my name too? Hey, free is free. :D
shariar07

Post by shariar07 »

Can you add me to the drawing i don't have this game and would like to give it to my friend as a birthday persent, he loves shmups too. later son
FRO

Post by FRO »

Pick me! Can I be in the drawing too?
Sundance

Post by Sundance »

MovingTarget wrote:I would like the psx version to see the diference to the sat version, but I have the saturn version already :D
The only difference is the addition of a new ship (the Yellow Ship) and nice amount of slowdown in area's where the PS1 can't keep up w/ the Saturn. Other than that your really not missing anything. I have both copies and the Saturn is def the better of the 2. I'll prolly just sell my PS1 copy. :roll:
"ooh, ahh, thats how all this starts, but then theres running and screaming" -LW:Jurrassic Park-
nZero

Post by nZero »

Sundance wrote:
MovingTarget wrote:I would like the psx version to see the diference to the sat version, but I have the saturn version already :D
The only difference is the addition of a new ship (the Yellow Ship) and nice amount of slowdown in area's where the PS1 can't keep up w/ the Saturn. Other than that your really not missing anything. I have both copies and the Saturn is def the better of the 2. I'll prolly just sell my PS1 copy. :roll:
PSX version also halves the texture resolution on a lot of background layer objects, and lacks the transparent clouds on Stage 3. The music also seems cut down a bit in certain places. They're still the same game, though, so you're not missing much by only having one or the other.
Neon

Post by Neon »

HayakawaKen, shariar07, FRO added.

Let me know if I'm missing anyone.
neojma

Post by neojma »

Generous offer... I'm not wanting to be considered for it, as I own the Saturn version and want to give someone else the chance. However, I do have a suggestion for an easy and common random number generator. Just use MS Excel.

Step 1 - put everyone in a list, put a number next to every name. Step 2 - to generate a random number, just use a blank cell and the formula:
"=RAND()*(X-Y)+Y" (type everything but the quotes). Voila. If the random number formula kicks out number 8, just look up who is number 8 on the list and there's your lucky winner.

In the above example, it selects a number between Y (lowest possible result)and X (highest possible result). For example, if there are 20 people entered, the formula would be "=RAND()*(20-1)+1". That will pick a number between 1 and 20. Press F9 for Excel to recalculate any formulas if you want to test it out or pick a new random number. Also, remember to format your cell (format menu --> cells --> number) as a number without decimal points, or else you'll get a decimal answer like 17.5683.
Neon

Post by Neon »

Thanks, I'll try that :)

I'll wait a bit longer to see if anyone else wants in though.
Fighter17
Banned User

Post by Fighter17 »

I'll take it, if no one else want it.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I'd like to be in the list too.
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

i'd love to be added into the running please mate if it's possible. played a few ps1 shmups and getting my namco stick in a week or so so this would be perfect as a first step into import playing on the ps1.
jiji

Post by jiji »

I'll throw my hat into the ring. Thanks for offering it like this.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

Neon, I just want to say that this is very nice of you...

I don't want the game, as I have the Sat version, and I don't like to play shmups on the PSX at all... it would be better if someone else had the game.

But that's really nice of you.
snap monkey

Post by snap monkey »

Geez, count me in too!
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

I'll take a shot at this too.
marril159

Post by marril159 »

Put me in.

You're a generous fella :D
...I need a weapon.
Neon

Post by Neon »

Seems everyone who wants in is in then...I'm going to have to wait until after finals next week to ship it though, no money to ship or time to figure teh winn4r at this point.
kyle d.

Post by kyle d. »

Please add me too :shock:
ryosnk

Post by ryosnk »

I want that game and bomberman rocks! :D
Nei First

Post by Nei First »

Okay I got nothing to lose, Thanx Neon, count me in.
Soldato J

Post by Soldato J »

Hey, I don't have this and would like it.

Thanks for the chance
Balzac

Post by Balzac »

In like Flint, baby.

This would go nicely with the JPN PS2 I'm getting.
Good luck or cry.
Nate

NATE wants in...

Post by Nate »

Neon. Could you please put my name in the pot, please. I don't have either ver...Twitch can vouch for that. I borrowed his for about 2 weeks and got to play it once or twice. I think it was around the time my kid was coming in, so I was waaaaay too busy to spend any significant time on it. I do remember liking it a LOT though. Another gem to put on my shelf. Possibly.

Twitch: was it the PSX or Saturn ver. that I borrowed?
black mariah
Banned User

Post by black mariah »

Hell, put me in too. May as well put the PS we have around here to good use. :wink:
Blow up self to involve enemies.