I've finally gone to Saturn. (Bought a Saturn!)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Dylan1CC wrote:No, you're supposed to have the system on when you change it, otherwise your scores, TATE settings, ect. won't be saved when you swap it out. That's what I read in the hardware forum once upon a time anyways.
Or, you could save everything to a memory card and transfer it back into the system memory after the new battery's in.
arromdee

Post by arromdee »

Gunbird can be found for $15 if you're careful on Ebay and don't overbid. So can Twinbee Deluxe Pack, and Parodius for $20. (I'm still trying to figure out what some of the cheap games are myself. Unfortunately, I don't think Salamander is available cheap...)
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

BulletMagnet wrote:
Dylan1CC wrote:No, you're supposed to have the system on when you change it, otherwise your scores, TATE settings, ect. won't be saved when you swap it out. That's what I read in the hardware forum once upon a time anyways.
Or, you could save everything to a memory card and transfer it back into the system memory after the new battery's in.
No thanks. :)
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Dylan1CC wrote:No thanks. :)
<apu>Thank you! Come again!</apu>

As for cheap games, the aforementioned are relatively inexpensive...a bit higher than that, Soukyugurentai, Cotton 2, Sonic Wings Special and Game Tengoku can be had for around 30. The Strikers 1945 games can go for 30-40, but I was patient and got them for about 15 apiece.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

arromdee wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think Salamander is available cheap...)
yeah, fraid that chances are you will not find it that cheap, but it is a fricking great pack anyway.
I have no sig whatsoever.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

The saturn is a great great console, unfortunately its running out of exclusives though.

I would recommend Batsugun, Soukyugurentai and Thunderforce 5, put them right in the top 3 list.

RSG should be there too if you can afford it.

I would recommend Saturn Bomberman and Elevator action returns if you fancy something non shmup related.

If you like puzzle games try Super puzzle fighter 2X and Baku Baku animal. I heard Magical drop 3 is good too.

A good cheap platformer is Astal.. Thats got great presentation, colors and graphics.

If your into fighters this is also a great great system. I recommend anything by Capcom, especially the 4mb expansion games like Xmen vs Street fighter, when you see that running for the first time you will be like "OMFG :shock: "
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.