shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: RQ: Progear boss 1 exploit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:11 am 

I was wondering how one successfully exploits the glitch present when fighting the first stage's boss. Here's a video of it, but there really isn't any explanation with it. Does anyone here know?

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCsqaAAPHaY

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:22 pm 

Not one Progear player here knows how to do this?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:34 pm 

no

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:51 am 

Banned User

cancel radius

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:02 am 

shoe-sama wrote:
cancel radius

Yes, but this is beyond the standard 'stream of jewels' sort of thing.

The boss stays in that pattern way longer than normal. I think it has something to do with suiciding to the pattern when it starts, that then causes the boss to shoot that pattern longer.

I dimly recall long ago that someone said it was apparently a 'banned' exploit.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:18 am 

Can it theoretically go on for ever like that?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:46 am 

That's interesting. The suicide at the beginning of the pattern does seem to have something to do with it. The player also seems to keep shooting while the glitch is taking place; maybe this suggests that it can't go on forever. Anyway, it does seem to be somewhat of a novelty and not that plausible in a true run...I personally wouldn't use it in real play, just wanted to know if anyone had any info on it.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:27 pm 

Ex Goku has the same video on youtube somewhere, with an FAQ how to do right this.
As i remember, it is almost impossible to work this out

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:10 pm 

elfhentaifan wrote:
Ex Goku has the same video on youtube somewhere, with an FAQ how to do right this.
As i remember, it is almost impossible to work this out

It's tricky, for certain, but far from impossible. As already mentioned, check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChkcL6C6iV8

You need to get the boss into his final desperation state - and the only way to do this is to suicide into him when he is almost dead, so he actually has negative damage remaining - he will then shoot a continuous stream of bullets aiming continuously and directly at you (if he doesn't start tracking you when you re-appear, you've done it whilst the boss was too strong and lose!).

Clearly you need to leave at least 2 of the guns/sails intact (and almost destroyed, since you have to do the next bit quick), destroy the first in fighter mode (i.e. tapping A or pressing C button) to power up to diamonds (this won't work if you don't get immediately up to diamond ring level as the cascade range of diamond is largest), and then immediately gunner-shot (hold A) the second destroy them into diamonds, without hitting the boss itself (one hit will kill now). Immediately let go of the A button to suck in the diamonds, and the stream begins!

Once the stream starts, it will typically carry on for a little while (circular motions tend to keep it running), so long as you don't run into a bullet before it gets (quickly, I might add) transformed into a diamond!

As a word of advice, if you can't turn the final stream of bullets from the last wave of enemies into a continuous stream of diamonds (see any superplay to see what I mean), you aren't ready to try this! :p

It is also not particularly worth it (especially on the second loop, since losing a life then is likely to cost you a shedload of jewels), except to show off XD

elfhentaifan wrote:
Can it theoretically go on for ever like that?

No, for two reasons. One, bosses will self suicide after a predetermined time. But more importantly, the stream usually cuts off after 15 seconds or so!

Offline Profile