Artist looking for work =)

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
schrumpfkopf

Artist looking for work =)

Post by schrumpfkopf »

hey im a longtime shmup-lover and i really feel like being part of a good dev team.

http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/9054.htm?pg=1&sec=icons is my gallery at PJ

i really hope there is someone out there who's interested =)

cheers
K.
Hulkcore

Post by Hulkcore »

I'm a very, extremely amateur shmup maker in need of any artwork at all. It wouldn't be paid, but credit would be given. There's a lengthy discussion of how bad my game is going to be here

http://shmups.system11.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17271

where you could reply if interested, or in this thread, whichever.
the2bears

Post by the2bears »

"Bosses over Berlin" is a great bit of work there! I'd do a game based on that theme/style for sure.

Bill
the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Shion

Post by Shion »

I've been working on a manic shmup for a couple of months. I put the project on hold, since I didn't have the time and skill to do the artwork all by myself.

So if you're interested, you could work with me on this :)

Here's the link to my devblogish topic:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=16813

Has a demo vid in it showing what type of game it's going to be. I obviously need all sorts of artwork, mainly enemies, bullets, and backgrounds. I have a full art requirements document, as well as the engine finished, so the project certainly has a future. I've also had help from a kind guy here on the forums called indstr, who did the audio track for the demo level. Maybe it would get him interested as well in helping out again :)

To give you a quick rundown of the style of the game, it's mainly going to be fantasy creatures. There's some mechanical enemies planned, but most of it will be creatures and natural backgrounds. Of course this is all open for discussion, since only exist on paper so far.

Anyway, if you're interested, shoot me a PM or mail me. I like your work, and would be interested in resuming the project if you'd be up for doing artwork.
RobTheBuilder

Post by RobTheBuilder »

Lovely stuff.
Heartwork

Post by Heartwork »

I'm no developer, so my contribution to this thread is entirely useless...but you make some really goodlooking stuff, dude.
schrumpfkopf

Post by schrumpfkopf »

thanks to all for the interest - i started some project recently =)
indstr

Post by indstr »

yeah Shion! i was going to link to your thread if you didn't. hope it can still work out for Heaven's melancholy. i'm getting some new music together lately so i hope i can still contribute one day :)
Shion

Post by Shion »

Good to hear :)

Several people have contacted me lately, willing to help on several parts of the game. If I think we have what it takes to finish it, I'm going to resume the project.