Svens Ketsui Challenge! - MAY 17th!! - video update 081119!!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
sven666

Post by sven666 »

bump, about a month to go now :) who's showing up?
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
SinHo

Post by SinHo »

I will show up ;-)

I checked out the appartment yesterday, and it is just crazy ....

BTW if you miss out on this you will be sorry ..... you will see some crazy shit, trust me.

sven666, have you mention the FREE hot dog?
Let see,
Flight to sweden: 50€
Hotel: 20€

That means if you eat 70 hot dogs you are home free...
sven666

Post by sven666 »

haha yeah, there will indeed be free hotdogs thruout the meet :D ofcourse snacks and drinks aswell.

and yeah, ill be raising the bar a bit for home shmeets with thisone 8)
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
lowemark

Post by lowemark »

I'll be there! :D
it would be cool if some international visitors showed up.
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

I wish I could be part of those shmupmeets, they seems to be a lot of fun.

Organize one in Brazil is too difficulty, I think our contry is bigger than the whole Europe, heh :) . You guys can travel around your countries without much money or effort.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

I still don't know for sure but will see to it shortly.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

hehe yeah brazil is awhole different bag..

prometheus.. cmon man youve got to! 8)
caincan

Post by caincan »

i would really like to come and try calculate finances & schedules.

technically it's possible : France southwest Pau-londres stansted, take some hours in london town counting 2h30 for bus travels... then stansted-gotheburg the friday evening, if we could stay a day more around (trying to chat or play) until sunday evening and return to marseille then lyon , i must absolutely be at 1pm last in lyon the 19th monday.

(what a trip it would be ^^) But the problem in these multiple steps is ryanair reliability (remembering you had too this unlucky problem, sven) and if ryanair cancels i will have very hard times to get a correct price for returning in france in time...
sven666

Post by sven666 »

bump, the weather in gothenburg is fantastic at the moment, the scantly clad girls alone make the visit worthwhile ;)
caincan

Post by caincan »

flights booked. improvisation is on ! (if ryanair doesnt miss me). One french is coming :D
sven666

Post by sven666 »

caincan wrote:flights booked. improvisation is on ! (if ryanair doesnt miss me). One french is coming :D
excellent :D

prometheus!! see that.. get your thumb out man! ill set up a DDP cabinet just for you ;)
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

when and where from are you flying out caincan ? I thought I couldn't come because the only flights leaving from france seem to be either too early or too late for this meet (wednesday or sunday).

edit : oh you're leaving from london. I don't think I can make it myself from france unless I get permission to skip classes on wednesday + thursday + friday without being marked absent (my stupid university keeps track of attendance and you have to repeat the year if you skip too often, and I already reached the maximum skipped classes :p). That would also mean 3 days in Gotenburg by myself before the meet but I wouldn't mind that at all I guess.
caincan

Post by caincan »

:!: promotheus, i'm taking Ryanair Pau-London (30E) the friday at 10am ! i dont sacrifice anything except the friday so. then i take some hours in london between arcades seeing things, and re-taking London-Goteburg friday evening (60E), then sunday evening, i take Goteburg-Marseille (30E) then Marseille-Lyon in train for my studies (i really need to be there on monday 1pm).

if you study things, it would be perhaps better financially speaking for you to take a train to Pau then join the french euro-trip :lol: ferris bueller's day off ?. you can make it 8)

this whole thing will be goooood to remember... thanks to Sven666 and his pals and some other surprises for this trip :)
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

lol that's wacky but it would allow me not to skip classes at all except for the friday class, the one class that I can skip safely.

What if ryannair fucks us up though ? >.<!
caincan

Post by caincan »

adventure without risk is not adventure and doesnt make memories and feelings :idea: . this weekend has some unexpected things it's sure. but you'd have same possible troubles and at 2 we can be stronger . all this, shmups, feelings is about : adrenalin !!

if this time i go there. it's also part of your past speechs and trips you wanted to attend ! :wink: , so use & feel the force, ... and be a rare european one to attend this too ! never seen "pekin express" ? :lol:

impossible n'est pas français :!:
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

eheh well unfortunately I checked the train times and prices and to be in pau on time I'd need to go thursday evening and pay around 100€, just for the trip to pau. Added the 90€ for planes and ~90€? again for the trip back from marseilles to dijon, that's almost 300€ + hostels price. That's too expensive for just a week end :[

I'd like to come, really, but not for that many € and such a risky trip (I don't know exactly how unreliable ryannair is but I'm quite defiant ~_~). So I don't think I'll be coming. Sorry guys~
SinHo

Post by SinHo »

one week to go ...
bakaichi

Post by bakaichi »

Göteborg eh? That's just an 3h trainride from here. It's a pitty I won't get full military discount on an international travel. That would have ben something like the competition entry fee. Nah only 2 trains a day in weekends anyway.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

I can't come because of tooth problems atm :/ Root canal treatment :S
sven666

Post by sven666 »

looks like im not the only one whos excited about this game..

seriously.. wtf? 8 out of the top ten threads in mainchat right now are about ketsui?
MX7

Post by MX7 »

Was just Ceph being thigh slappingly hillarious. Although the fact the threads he bumped are still being discussed would seem to be indicitive of an inordinate amount of Ketsui interest :shock:
320x240

Post by 320x240 »

I saw this only now. Of course I couldn't afford the trip anyway.

To compensate I post this for all the 'goa gubbar' out there. Fast forward to about 2.13.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NENWUrSWDg8
sven666

Post by sven666 »

heres a vid from the meet a friend of mine posted on youtube, stay tuned for more from caincain in the future :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhRgvmgTByw
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

ahah, nice wall-screen XD
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

nice :)

I hope to be there one day soon.

Any records broken btw? ;)
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
sven666

Post by sven666 »

Super Laydock wrote:nice :)

I hope to be there one day soon.

Any records broken btw? ;)
yeah its a shame you couldnt make it.

no real records broken.. i broke som personal ones on games i havent played much (Futari BL 590mil, galuda2 70mil, MMP 68mil) but the most impressive of the meet was swedish player "emphatic" 1CCing Rygar with a score of 4,5mil, i think caincan caought this on tape? :)
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

WTF it's a house full of Ketsui!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
SinHo

Post by SinHo »

MX7

Post by MX7 »

WTF. Are you a drug dealer perchance, sven666? :wink:
KennyMan666

Post by KennyMan666 »

How oh how could I have missed this? I even LIVE in Gothenburg!

I blame sven for not advertising it over at STGFan. :(
My 1CCs so I can find the list easier myself
<Despatche> you've been a thorn in the shmups community since the beginning, you're largely responsible for the horrible face of modern speedrunning