I should think about selling my Zanac X Zanac at eBay...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
MSZ

I should think about selling my Zanac X Zanac at eBay...

Post by MSZ »

This is why:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... eName=WD1V

The price has reached Radiant Silvergun's level...thats ridiculous.

Check out Yahoo Japan auction too:

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n16525782

15500 yen. But thats an unopen new game.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

That ebay seller always overprices games.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

BrianC wrote:That ebay seller always overprices games.
Don't forget that saturn-box user on eBay.. I think he was selling 486 bucks for a factory sealed RSG?
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

Neither of them have bids either. ;)
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Yeah, go ahead and set your starting bid at $140 and see if anyone will bid on it. You've gotta know your Ebay sellers before you start basing prices by them.

16-bit still has, what, store items from 2 years ago?
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Man, that is rediculous. So glad I got my copy when it was first released.
EXMaster

Post by EXMaster »

Dylan1CC wrote:Man, that is rediculous. So glad I got my copy when it was first released.
Ditto.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I'm glad I got the original Zanac for NES, though I might still get this one eventually.
MSZ

Post by MSZ »

You guys think I am serious?

But it would be fun to see if anyone actually put a bid at both auctions......
Guardians Knight

Post by Guardians Knight »

yeah that guy has been around for ages and always over prices his gear. I've never bid on anything of his anyway due to the rediculous line 'items will be declared as merchandise and at their full auction value'.

Even ncs drop the declared value so as to avoid customers being taxed. It makes me think this guy is a tool.
Brian

Post by Brian »

16-bit really is a fine seller who does overprice his items, but you can wait him out. I waited a year to bid on Rushing Beat and he dropped it from $59.95 to $9.95 in that time.

The odd thing about 16-bit is that a lot of times his hardware is reasonably priced. I got a Sega MegaJet system from him for $69.95 and a CoreGrafx system for $39.95.
umi

Post by umi »

I waited out his Battle Garegga VHS/OST set :P It was at... I can't remember, may have been around $100... then the new DVD set came out (which I bought as well :P), but I snagged the VHS set when he put it down to $50... it was a perfectly mint and complete specimen as well. Generally though, my god does he overprice. Saturn-box too... and shiroutuwa_jp... check them both out though if you're a saturn collector (shiro is almost saturn-exclusive, heaps of sealed items in his shop ATM too, but he does have a few games for other systems).

p.s. a LOT of sellers on yahoo japan auctions overprice their items. Quite simply, they don't get bids, just like on ebay (usually).
visuatrox

Post by visuatrox »

Yea it is not really worth that much, that seller always puts a high price on everything then slowly dropping it if it does not sell.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

umi wrote:Generally though, my god does he overprice. Saturn-box too... and shiroutuwa_jp... check them both out though if you're a saturn collector (shiro is almost saturn-exclusive, heaps of sealed items in his shop ATM too, but he does have a few games for other systems).
That's damn sad. Shiroutuwa had slightly below average prices when he started on Ebay months ago. And now he's overpricing, with some of his BIN items even higher than they were originally...
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Zanac X Zanac has reached 10,000 yen at most stores in Akihabara, so US prices nearing $120 probably will become the norm within a year or so...