Imperishable Night (Touhou 08; ZUN, 2004)

moozooh

Re: Imperishable Night (Touhou 08; ZUN, 2004) *New Thread*

Post by moozooh »

Not bad! Board updated.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Seppo Hovi

Post by Seppo Hovi »

Eh, I finally joined the 2b Extra club with a bland survival run.

Seppo Hovi - 2,005,035,360 - C - Rm & Yk - 0.407% - Replay
"How many panic bombs have you used by now? "
"Can you remember the number of times
you've eaten bread?"
atsumu

Post by atsumu »

Lunatic
atsumu - 4,768,451,920 - Cb - Rm & Yk - 0.25% - Replay

Silly mistakes and average milking. Practice more please.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Beastly! You're almost in the 5 billion club! (Signed, president of the arbitrary number clubs club.)
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
atsumu

Post by atsumu »

Hard
atsumu - 4,147,152,660 - Cb - Rm & Yk - 0.1% - Replay

Yes.
Insidiae

Post by Insidiae »

Normal
Insidiae - 1,892,557,960 - Cb - Rm & Yk - 0.10% - Image
atsumu

Re: Imperishable Night (Touhou 08; ZUN, 2004)

Post by atsumu »

Lunatic
atsumu - 4,994,221,550 - Cb - Rm & Yk - 0.255% - Replay

So fucking close.
fenyxofshadows

Post by fenyxofshadows »

Extra
fenyxofshadows - 1,217,192,800 - C - Rm & Yk - 0.087%

This was my first time clearing Extra... took forever....
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Welcome!
Esupanitix

Post by Esupanitix »

Easy
Esupanitix - 2,134,346,610 - C - Youmu - 0.000% - Replay
[05:13] <vcz> MaZe really wants to be here to argue but can't, so he desperately F5's the logs and pretends he's arguing with us as he yells at his monitor.
YouTube Channel, mainly Cave shmups and 2hu if I start caring again. | Strm | Streamer list
yushin

Post by yushin »

Normal
YuShin - 1,794,363,130 - Cb - Youmu - 0.00 - Image
I have no name

Post by I have no name »

Extra
Ihavenoname248 - 1,700,019,870 - Rm & Yk
Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta1U4Dd8_A8

Lunatic
Ihavenoname248 - 1,992,989,960 - Rm & Yk
Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBbWR-M1NHk
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

And more new names, nice!
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

moozooh wrote:And more new names, nice!
Have an old Extra score then:

Extra
Erppo - 2,103,479,200 - C - Rm & Yk - 0.00%
Replay
yushin

Post by yushin »

Normal
YuShin - 2,085,657,610 - Cb - Youmu - 0.00 - Image

Hop, 2 billions. Next, getting in the top 10, and then conquering the world!
Seppo Hovi

Post by Seppo Hovi »

Been a while, returned to IN a while ago. First messed around with Extra and Normal, and then found Easy again. I still love the game and it's system. You won't see many updates or such often, since my main goals will be on youkai solo easy gameplay, for now. I recently took some FinalA "WR's" on unplayed youkai solo's. Yukari run was filled with fuckups, Alice run died to Reisen. I find them cool, I love them as special runs for me, but indeed they're not great or honorable WR's of often played games on challenging modes. Nobody cares, why am I writing about them? Maybe I want to fish for attention, who knows. Blogging about stuff makes it easier for me to live with myself sometimes.

Right, enough backstory. I played some IN, upgrading some scores, no updates to come soon, that's it.

-

Normal - Border Team
Seppo Hovi - 2,816,321,590 - Cb - 0.123% - Replay

Terrible run, I should shoot for 3B on border team some day. SOME DAY when I feel like learning a few timings on Normal and pressing esc+r after failing something very dumb. All of the normalmode timings and supergrazes feel scary.

I did like the slow percentage on this one.

-

Extra - Marisa & Alice
Seppo Hovi - 2,225,173,120 - C - 0.117% - Replay

I might have a Youmu run beating this one (not by much, don't worry), but this one is cleaner around the edges. I'll go with what I'm happier with, so you'll have to comply with this. I was also thinking of a 2,1B Sakuya run, but then I remembered a death on one of the early nonspells and decided to skip the darn run. Maybe if I break 2,2B on Sakuya I would post it instead. I never will, if I never play. What a dilemma.

-

Easy - Marisa & Alice
Seppo Hovi - 2,628,584,790 - Cb - 0.186% - Replay

The improvement of whatever 15M is so minimal that posting this is dumb. Current target lies around 2,7B. Posting this score since it's very important to me, I finally paid back for one of the many steppings on me however long ago. Felt nice, took more than 2 minutes though.

-

Oh hey, other scores, comments and stuff, if you were interested. I'm sure nobody was, but whatever.
you've eaten bread?"
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Updated.
Seppo Hovi

Post by Seppo Hovi »

Both of these runs were flops, failing to reach their targets. 3b Easy would be neat, but I'm not going to be putting effort into forging a more solid Youmu route just yet. Maybe I'll get a post off atsumu with the easy run, but I doubt it. It's worth a shot, I guess.

-

Easy
Seppo Hovi - 2,763,123,430 - Cb - Youmu - 0.516% - Replay

-

Normal
Seppo Hovi - 2,889,542,970 - Cb - Yuyuko & Youmu - 0.080% - Replay

Terrible, terrible Kaguya. 3B in this wouldn't be far if I only got that one run. Normal feels refreshing, maybe I'll play it for a bit.

-

Other targets and goals currently being 2,2B IN extra on Sakuya (or at least beating wreath), and a suitable Marisa score for the same extra. Either of them I'm not going for very actively, doing maybe twenty restarts a day for the Sakuya one, hardly playing Marisa currently. Blog ends here. Sorry for taking your time, feel free to ignore both of these on the next scoreboard update, if it would stress you unnecessarily.
you've eaten bread?"
yushin

Post by yushin »

Nice scores Seppo!

Quick question to everyone, do you think using tate mod for touhous should be considered legit? It's a game modification, but after all it gives you the same results as buying a (much) bigger screen.
Seppo Hovi

Post by Seppo Hovi »

Thank you, yushin. (⊙﹏⊙✿)

-

Cross-post from the MotK scoreboards.

Extra - Marisa
Seppo Hovi - 2,393,635,340 - C - 0.086% - Replay

The stage portion was surprisingly okay, considering how little time I had put into playing this stage on this shot recently. Lots of stupid mistakes and bad performance all around, but at least I didn't end up missing big fairies or dying. First mistake was to let one of the starting fairies run away. That's a few hundred time lost. I could've fixed the mistake in damage control by using Marisa's huge AoE capability in the Napalm, but I couldn't get my brains to run smoothly enough mid-run to think of a thing that seems awfully simple afterwards. Then again, everything does.
As I said earlier, my stage portion had mistakes. Mainly I messed up the cancelling, not that my route was very optimal or hard in the first place. There would've been around 1000 more timeorbs gained before the midboss, had I focused on handling my shot correctly. And quite a bit of extra timeorbs had I improved my route.
Midboss keine is rather simply on solo humans, you don't have to worry about the tricky supergrazing or anything. (A friend of mine put it rather well: "It's like you take all the cool out of IN Extra when you play on solo humans", or something like that) Nevertheless, I mess up anyway by ending the final of the three cards a bit too early, resulting in no onscreen familiars as I do so.
The item collection in the post-midboss stage portion is godawfully bad. I collect several point-items under the PoC and gain lowered values, all simply due to being scared of dying. My routes will never improve if I stop being cared of dying (I'll also die more), but the risk-payoff bar is horribly low for me. I don't go for very cool or neat things in real runs. Meanwhile, luck is on my side. I didn't time that cancel, it was simply good luck as the familiars spawned just as I was killing the fairy. Nice one. Then, there's the streaming, during which I gather some stuff under the PoC and maybe skip a few fairies. Then there is the bomb. The red ribbon in Marisa's hair is awfully cute. I should check some women's clothing stores or something to get something like it for myself. Before the Death Fairy, my collection and cancelling is very bad. The Death Fairy is rather simple, but I end up killing her at a different spot where I usually do, resulting in a little bit of extra bullets I have to weave throught to PoC. Well, I did make it to the PoC, but I grab some items below while hurrying upwards.
Mokou. Nice lady. Wonderful theme (which I didn't listen to during this run, I think I was listening to an Assaultdoor album). Good pairing (Mokou x Keine). Kaguya a shit. I'm a secondary, in heart. (and probably outside too) Uh. About Mokou, I don't bother grazing the first nonspell beyond the initial spin on human solo shots. I could do the second one, and maybe the third as well, but it takes time to drag the nonspells longer, thus resulting in higher stress levels and less consistency. Also, I'm rather bad at it. Otherwise, the early fight is surprisingly good, but I end up wrongly misdirecting her during the second card. That's not much of a big deal, but it means that the cancel bonus will be several millions too low. 7M bonus is easy to reach over there, if you correctly guide her around the screen. The good thing is I have good luck again, as I end the third Spell Card. Those familiars just spawn as I deplete her health. Not something I even noticed during the run, but it felt awful to look at afterwards. I wouldn't want to put much of my results on luck, but they usually are in varying amounts so. This one more so.
Later into Mokou, I remember a bit too late that Marisa isn't invulnerable to familiars, and I end up messing up Woo misdirection. Twice. It's good that I luck out and capture it anyway. No punishment for idiocy. Luck. What a wonderful thing. Get the one lucky shot at it is way too true about my playing. Where's all the consistency I've worked for? Not available. Argh.
Later into the battle I start to get jumpy and play it safe. I spend a good portion of Phoenix Tail focused, losing lots of time and spell bonus while doing so. Then I bomb the final nonspell. I would've bombed it anyway, though. I'm not going to try dodging it until I've got everything else down to at least some kind of consistency.
Fujiyama Volcano drops items as I kill it, as it should do. I remember an argument about this one a long while ago, before I was knowledgeable enough to say anything about it. Now I have my own theory, of the card dropping items only if you have ten familiars (or less) on the screen as you deplete its healtbar. It's just a theory, though. Nothing I'd be sure of, but it seems to work for me.
Play-it-safe focusing during the second phase of the survival, which results in a low-ish Spell Bonus. I got exactly 50,000,000 on Youmu the other day. That's not too good either (ASL gets 52M I think), but the nubmer was really cute. Hourai Doll is played safe later into it, resulting in me not breaking 60k timepoints. "Oh no." - I know it's not much of a thing, but I like cute even numbers and things, just for the sake of making things look a bit better on the outside. How horrible of me.
Imperishable Shooting failed. I think I've captured it once or twice within a real run. I don't know where all these IN Extra NMNB runs with all cards captured are coming, but I'm not planning to do one any soon. Mainly since I have no consistency, as usual. Grind more, I don't wanna. Bad reasoning, who cares.
Most of my score comes from ending bonus, final result of 2,39B. [s]A bit under 700K points. Something something 300 graze during the Mokou opener? (300/3 x 6000, a bit more since that's only 600k)[/s]. It's a good idea to think of 2,393 as 2,3993. 7M. Well, looking into it, it still doesn't feel like that much of points, but it certainly is more. The improvement isn't large, anyway. Well, maybe next time, if next time ever comes. I might get unmotivated to continue after being destroyed in everything Extra-releated by that one person. I haven't still been able to recover from the live humilation ("Could you supergraze midboss Keine's second card?" "Oh, I thought you could do it."). I'm sure you didn't mean anything bad with it, but I just took it the wrong way automatically and was unable to fix it in my feeble mind. I shouldn't stream.

-

These threads are rather dead nowadays, huh.
you've eaten bread?"
yushin

Post by yushin »

Oh god! Just got a no miss out of nowhere! Well, not really a no miss as I used death bomb and
I was just playing a game, had not played since a while. That's probably what saved me, I didn't try anything fancy, stayed safe.

Normal
YuShin - 2,251,098,440 - Cb - Youmu & YuYuko - 0.09
Replay

chum

Post by chum »

Hard
chum - 2,828,195,100 - Cb - Youmu - 0.0% - Replay

Normal
chum - 3,123,657,030 - Cb - Youmu - 0.0% - Replay
yorgje

Post by yorgje »

(I've been told this is the wrong thread? But I can't find the other one? Someone pls halp EDIT: nvm I found it here)