Anyone want to meet in Bay Area, California (SJ/SF)

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
kage 8

Post by kage 8 »

whats the SJ Super Auction? Where is it?
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

kage 8 wrote:whats the SJ Super Auction? Where is it?
Pinball and Arcade live auction at the Santa Clara fairgrounds (off Tully). They have them every 3-4 months. Good place to get cheap project cabs (most are in poor condition). If you go before the auction starts at 10:15am, you can play-test the machines (bring your own extension cord).

http://www.superauctions.com/dates.html
The Bullet Dodger

Post by The Bullet Dodger »

I can't make it to the shmupmeet. :cry:

I'm still having car trouble. Actually, I don't have any transportation at the moment. Plus my brother's b-day was yesterday, so I'm gonna hang out with him this weekend.

It would be great if somebody could make a 'bay area shmupmeet impressions' thread after, so I can hear about how it went.
shariar07

Post by shariar07 »

okay i'm brining over my Satrun and modded PS2, i was wondering do you have the A/v cables for both systems just i just hook it up to your configurations., also i have DC/PS2 controller converter i will bring those along too. I will also bring some unlisted good shmups for PSX/Saturn and some Dojin shmups and 2D fighters if we have time to play them and offcourse some snakcs and stuff, thanks again to Dave_K for hosting this.
BER

Post by BER »

Oh yeah, I'll chip in some money for some pizza or fast food.
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

shariar07, I have hookups for PS2, but not saturn. If you have an RGB/SCART cable for the saturn that would be best, next best would be s-video, then standard rca/composite.
shariar07

Post by shariar07 »

ok, I'll bring s-video for saturn and two controllers. should i bring some saturn games too what games? I have most of them.[/url]
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

shariar07 wrote:ok, I'll bring s-video for saturn and two controllers. should i bring some saturn games too what games? I have most of them.[/url]
As many Saturn shooters as you've got I guess.
BER

Post by BER »

Okay, I'll be driving over to today's shmupmeet now! I'm the guy wearing a gray jacket, green shirt, and brown pants.
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

I'll be leaving SF by noon. Should be there by 1:00.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
kage 8

Post by kage 8 »

It's 12:30 now. I'll be there in about 30 or so minutes. My names Albert. I'll be wearing a black jacket. I'm bringing a buddy, hopes that's cool.
DBV

Post by DBV »

anyone wanna start this up again?
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

DBV wrote:anyone wanna start this up again?
You missed about 4 more bay area shmupmeets since this thread. The last one was just about 30 days go (see link).
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 2&start=30

Feel free to start planning another if you want to hold one closer to modesto.
louisg

Post by louisg »

Dave_K. wrote:
DBV wrote:anyone wanna start this up again?
You missed about 4 more bay area shmupmeets since this thread. The last one was just about 30 days go (see link).
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 2&start=30

Feel free to start planning another if you want to hold one closer to modesto.
Whoa, this freaked me out.. I thought I'd missed a shmupmeet until I saw the date! So, when's the next one-- and I realized I missed out on some Saturn action from the first meet! Any Saturning in the forseeable future?
Humans, think about what you have done
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

louisg wrote: Whoa, this freaked me out.. I thought I'd missed a shmupmeet until I saw the date! So, when's the next one-- and I realized I missed out on some Saturn action from the first meet! Any Saturning in the forseeable future?
I think Shariar07 sold his Saturn. We played some Radient Silvergun and Battle Garegga....I was not impressed. Since then I bought a Garegga PCB and have "learned to like it". I don't even want to bother with RS.

As for next southbay meet, nothing scheduled yet. I may avoid having one over the summer as it gets far to hot in my garage. We'll see.
louisg

Post by louisg »

Dave_K. wrote:
louisg wrote: Whoa, this freaked me out.. I thought I'd missed a shmupmeet until I saw the date! So, when's the next one-- and I realized I missed out on some Saturn action from the first meet! Any Saturning in the forseeable future?
I think Shariar07 sold his Saturn. We played some Radient Silvergun and Battle Garegga....I was not impressed. Since then I bought a Garegga PCB and have "learned to like it". I don't even want to bother with RS.

As for next southbay meet, nothing scheduled yet. I may avoid having one over the summer as it gets far to hot in my garage. We'll see.
Ok =) Whenever the next one is scheduled, I'd be happy to bring my Saturn and RayForce (the unfortunately titled domestic release of it)!
kage 8

Post by kage 8 »

Dave_K. wrote:

Cold drinks, deoderants and fans baby!
segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan »

I'm pretty new to thse shmups forums but I've been playing and collecting shmups for years...I'd love to attend a bay area meet ;)

-Segasonicfan
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Ok, if its not to hot the last Saturday or Sunday of this month, I may host another. Stay tuned.
viper phase 1

Post by viper phase 1 »

is any body around in south san francisco got a crap load of shooters raiden, raiden II, raiden fighters I, II, viper phase 1 & new version, strikers 1945 II & III , Dimahou, thunder dragon,twin eagle II,aero fighters and quit a few other pcbs
viper who? viper what? viper phase 1 thats whats up!
Devil REI

Post by Devil REI »

I moved up to the Bay Area not too long ago, and would love to meet with others who share my taste in gaming. (Read: peeps on this forum)

:D
I most definitely hate your favorite shooter.
For the sake of our own sanity, let's not even talk about Psikyo, Battle Garegga, or DDP DOJ with each other.
Follow my searing, world-shaking insights on tumblr Tweetarz
viper phase 1

Post by viper phase 1 »

anyone around for a shmupathon in bay area SF
viper who? viper what? viper phase 1 thats whats up!
segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan »

I'm gonna be visiting the bay area next weekend and would love a shmupmeet if we can get one togethere then...

-Segasonicfan
I design retro gaming add-ons and repair old consoles :)
My Website: Segasonicfan Designs http://www.segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
louisg

Post by louisg »

Yikes, what happened to the shmupmeets? We should organize something. I'm always up for hanging out and playing shooters =)
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Yeah, sorry, but work has been a real bitch the last 6 months or so, and I'll be traveling soon, so maybe end of January to begining of February I could host again.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Well since IlMrm will be away in Japan in Feb, how does Jan 27th sound to people (two weeks from now)?
segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan »

January 27th would be AMAZING since I am visiting that weekend ^_^

-Segasonicfan
I design retro gaming add-ons and repair old consoles :)
My Website: Segasonicfan Designs http://www.segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
kage 8

Post by kage 8 »

:)

I always love to come over and stare at your cabs.

Albert
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Ok. I'll start a seperate thread for the 7th Bay Area shmupmeet.
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

Dave_K. wrote:Well since IlMrm will be away in Japan in Feb, how does Jan 27th sound to people (two weeks from now)?
Thanks very much for scheduling the meet around my trip, but if it's more convenient for people the next weekend, don't worry about me.

I can make it on the 27th. It'll be a nice warm up.