What's the going rate for Border Down at the mo?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Pedro Lambrini

What's the going rate for Border Down at the mo?

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

I missed out on this when it was released but now I'm a wee bitty better off and I would like to pick it up. However, I've seen it go for quite a bit of cash (anything between £50 and £100!!) and I don't want to get ripped off...

Anybody any ideas what the going reate is nowadays?? :)
Ord

Post by Ord »

Well, I've seen the Limited Edition go for as much as £100 lately. True that was on ebay and that can be a rip off at times. I'm sure the regular edition would go for about the £35/£40 mark.
Could be wrong of course.
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
Pedro Lambrini

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Hmm, it's the special edition that I was thinking of getting. I might just go for the garden variety instead and save some cash (I just bought RAdiant Silvergun and that was a tad rich for my blood!)
jp

Post by jp »

There's an LE on Ebay right now with a Buy It Now of $145...

You may wish to keep on eye on that.
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
Pedro Lambrini

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

jp wrote:There's an LE on Ebay right now with a Buy It Now of $145...

Yeah, I have been watching it. And...I caved and just bought it (roughly £82 inc postage). My girlfriend is going to go mental!!! Around £200 on 2 games in 2 days!
jp

Post by jp »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:
jp wrote:There's an LE on Ebay right now with a Buy It Now of $145...

Yeah, I have been watching it. And...I caved and just bought it (roughly £82 inc postage). My girlfriend is going to go mental!!! Around £200 on 2 games in 2 days!

Congrats!!!! You now own the best hori ever made IMO.
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
Pedro Lambrini

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Thanks! Am really looking forward to it arriving - I can't wait!! :)
Diabollokus

Post by Diabollokus »

Yep border down best hori I've ever played.
Vidi Vici Veni
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Fantastic game--absolutely one of the best horizontals, but the first level is kinda dull...be patient with it. Level 3 kicks my ass!!!
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
Neon

Post by Neon »

Be sure to read Rando's excellent ST in the ST section as it shows you a lot about the game's play mechanics that aren't totally obvious from the get-go.
Pedro Lambrini

Post by Pedro Lambrini »

Neon wrote:Be sure to read Rando's excellent ST in the ST section as it shows you a lot about the game's play mechanics that aren't totally obvious from the get-go.
I'll definately do that. I read some of the SNS 2 stuff and it opened up a whole new game for me! I also just received the appreciate DVD for that game and all I can say is Wow! Is there any clips of Border Down being played really well?
DEL

Border Down

Post by DEL »

Pedro - I think you may have to PM Randorama to get a Master Replay of Border Down. I did have one of a 313mil 6D ALL, but I shouldn't think that link is still available.

Diabollukus - How are you getting on with it? I read that you were giving it a go for an ALL.

Regs, DEL
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Sorry, the page with that video is down, myabe Rastan78 or someone with a video torrent/site still has them :?
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Pedro Lambrini wrote:Is there any clips of Border Down being played really well?
There are a bunch of replays in-game that you can unlock. I'm not quite sure what the critera for unlocking them are. I think you have to actually reach the stage on each border.

So why is the price so damn high for this game? Low print run? I'm glad I got mine on release, it's a great shmup.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

OmegaFlareX wrote:So why is the price so damn high for this game? Low print run? I'm glad I got mine on release, it's a great shmup.
The LE version was only a 3000 copy print-run. I don't know how many regular copies were printed though.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

5k, i think (of the NE).
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Randorama wrote:Sorry, the page with that video is down, myabe Rastan78 or someone with a video torrent/site still has them :?
I do know a password to a chinese ftp that still has the Border Down videos. If anyone is interested send me a pm. I'd rather not post it right out here on the forums.