Yalkina STG / Yalkina STG HE

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Forget it. I was playing the wrong game the whole time.

Sorry for getting your hopes up. I feel so embarassed now....
[ Wonder Force IV -sorry Frenetic :c- ]
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

No problem. That's actually quite a relief to know that this game's not broken.
Btw, have you tried Yalkina STG now? Post a score and join the competition. :D
ELF: You too!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Plasmo wrote:Btw, have you tried Yalkina STG now? Post a score and join the competition. :D
I'll join the competition if you join mine! :D
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

I played Spark Spectra a lot 2 years ago. Once you reach the endless stage your score really skyrockets!
I'll give it a try again.
I like chocolate milk

Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Aru-san - 322,270 - 178 - 1-4

I guess I suck, huh?
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

You can't expect to beat the game on your first go. Just keep playing and eventually you'll get higher scores.
I like chocolate milk

Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Plasmo wrote:You can't expect to beat the game on your first go. Just keep playing and eventually you'll get higher scores.
This was after playing this game yay about 40 times. :o
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

40 credits in a shmup is only warm-up. :wink:
I like chocolate milk

Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

After 3 years...

Cowboy-NOA - 2,789,620 - 5,696 - 2-9

Okay, this was THE run. No miss up to 1-7, 5 lives left after first loop and some nice dodges during the loop. I doubt I'll ever beat this score, reaching the third loop is just not possible for me, but I had my fun with this game for sure. Sadly the replay is somewhat damaged, too bad. :?
Seriously, this is probably my greatest achievement in a videogame, I feel kinda proud lolz.
On another note I reached the egg TLB in boss rush mode.
I like chocolate milk

spongdangly

Post by spongdangly »

spongdangly - 595,760 - 403 - 1-6

Damn this game is hard.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Nice one! The stage 5 boss is particularly difficult, stage 6 boss is so much easier. Try to bomb difficult bits during the stages with 2 or 3 big enemies immediately and don't try to dodge them first, if you're sure you can't survive it anyway. The game gives you a lot of bombs, use them!
I like chocolate milk

Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

Plasmo wrote:Nice one! The stage 5 boss is particularly difficult, stage 6 boss is so much easier. Try to bomb difficult bits during the stages with 2 or 3 big enemies immediately and don't try to dodge them first, if you're sure you can't survive it anyway. The game gives you a lot of bombs, use them!
Plasmo wrote:Furthermore don't die or use bombs for a bigger end of stage bonus.
A-HA-HEM. :twisted:
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Well for a beginner I'd suggest that you use ALL the bombs the game gives you. Playing for score is a whole different dimension and the bomb bonus is marginal anyway. I use bombs from stage 4 onward every 10 secs at least.
I like chocolate milk

Ravid

Post by Ravid »

Ravid - 618,330 - 999 - 1-6

This game is hilarious.
Btw, I thought the 5th boss was pretty easy, that was the first time I faced her and I only bombed once. The 4th boss is a different story though. I lol'd at the 3rd boss's "throw two rabbits at you and then die in 5 seconds" attack.

Edit: Since it hasn't been updated yet

Ravid - 765,850 - 1559 - 1-7
Last edited by Ravid on Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

Do not forget to milk the bosses.
Especially this rabbit throwing one gives some nice scratching
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

I wouldn't care too much about milking. Stage 3 boss milking isn't worth a lot and if you have a scratch over 5000 you have to fight the true last boss, so you better stay away from milking the third boss at all.
Regarding the fourth boss: Start in the top left (or right) corner and move slowly downwards to avoid all the bullets at once. It's easier to dodge the bullets when they are fast. The second attack isn't too bad and the third one is a joke.
I like chocolate milk

Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Opened ranking for the HE version. HE stands for "Harder Edition" and is the best choice for all of the guys, who thought that Yalkina STG was way too easy.

Download it here: http://abashi.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ (third link)

I don't get why noone else plays this game, it's perfect!
Now post some scores.
I like chocolate milk

ave

Post by ave »

Playing the hard edition a bit.

AVE - 1,230,990 - Stage 1-9

I absolutely can't do that laser attack of the Cool!-woman. If I had used all of my bombs, I could have beat her (only ~2cm of energy left).
THE ETERNAL
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

HE:

Cowboy-NOA - 1,331,450 - 3,469 - 1-0

The problem with HE is, that you get to fight the Egg AND the hat TLB no matter how high your scratchcount is. Reaching the loop would be quite a feat.
I just barely beat the egg TLB in this run (actually I timed him out...) and then was overwhelmed by that hat. :?

@aventus
That laser attack is especially dangerous because it will kill you instantly no matter how many shields you have left. Be sure to bomb the hell out of this attack!
I like chocolate milk

ave

Post by ave »

AVE - 1,273,790 - 1-0 - Scratch 3071

I hate the fucking egg! Got there with only three shields and no lives/bombs in stock!

Anyway, fantastic run for me!
THE ETERNAL
ave

Post by ave »

AVE - 1,291,860 - 1-0 - Scratch 3337

I stole 3 or 4cm of the egg's energy and that were about 15 bombs, 6 shields and one life. I really wonder where's the trick... maybe I shall simply practice a little more so I can just time it out.
THE ETERNAL
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

HE:

Cowboy-NOA - 1,411,000 - 4,937 - 1-0

This time I was able to defeat the egg TLB and got a nice 50k bonus. I only had 5secs left on the clock and lost about thirty bombs, but I did it! Then I got to that hat TLB and survived for quite a time. His lifebar was around 30% when he finally killed me. I think I can reach the loop if I get a lucky run, we'll see.
I like chocolate milk

Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Lol, I beat the red hat and after that one there's another TLB: the blue hat!
Three true last bosses???

I AM GIVE UP

:(
I like chocolate milk

Udderdude

Re: Yalkina STG / Yalkina STG HE

Post by Udderdude »

Got any tips for this game? I get as far as level 2, and then after that even one death means I'm screwed, since dying doesn't get you a new bomb stock, and enemies never stop firing even if they're more than halfway down the screen. They go right back to firing after a death after about 1.5 seconds. It feels like there's no way to recover!

Bombs are so ineffectual it doesn't even matter that much, since all they do is clear bullets and then the enemies go right back to firing 1 second later. I think the area around your ship gets some damage but it doesn't seem to be enough to recover.

I like that you have to constantly adjust your speed, and the game itself is fun, but the lack of recovery options after a death seems extremely punishing. And I thought Gradius screwed you over after a death .. :X I seriously go from 5 lives to dead in about 10 seconds.
ave

Post by ave »

Udderdude wrote:Got any tips for this game?
Watch the superplay! Use bombs!
Bombs are so ineffectual it doesn't even matter that much, since all they do is clear bullets and then the enemies go right back to firing 1 second later. I think the area around your ship gets some damage but it doesn't seem to be enough to recover.
Bombs are not only for emergencies in this game, you have loads. You can use one or another no earlier than in Stage 2 to kill enemies faster which makes the game easier (i.e. when the first big blocks enter the screen in stg2).
They do damage the enemies though and can be very usefull. Stay on top of i.e. a big block to kill it faster with your shot as long as the bomb is stopping the bullets.
I like that you have to constantly adjust your speed, and the game itself is fun, but the lack of recovery options after a death seems extremely punishing.
Actually it's not half as bad as you think. Your ship attracts power-up and bomb-items when you release the fire button, so use the litte phase of invulnerability to regain full firepower and, more important, get as many bombs as you can. There are also quite a few hidden extends in the game, just watch to superplay to find out where they are. Most of them are hidden in the fixed and shooting squares.
THE ETERNAL
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Wanted to reply, accidently closed my browser and then saw that AVE bascially said everything I wanted to say. :)

The superplay was my main inspiration to keep going. The earlier stages seem a little bland, but once the music gets better and the bullet patterns denser, the fun really begins. Hope you didn't get the wrong impression from the first two stages, this game has much more to offer!
I like chocolate milk

Ravid

Post by Ravid »

HE:

Ravid - 1,293,380 - 4,124 - 0

Timed out the egg, reached the second attack of the red hat. Any strategy for passing the egg without 20+ bombs?
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

sikraiken - 1,277,700 - 4,292 - 0-9

Third try, I did circles around the stage 7 1up... I think I've played this game once or twice a while ago, not sure if it was the regular or HE version.

Where is this superplay? And where are all these 1ups?
Ravid

Post by Ravid »

sikraiken wrote:sikraiken - 1,277,700 - 4,292 - 0-9

Third try, I did circles around the stage 7 1up... I think I've played this game once or twice a while ago, not sure if it was the regular or HE version.

Where is this superplay? And where are all these 1ups?
There's one in stage 8 at the beginning in one of the yellow boxes near the top (kind of difficult to describe which one). There's also one in stage 3 which you probably know about; blow up a yellow box sitting behind a bunch of black boxes in the middle of the screen. Apart from that idk.

edit: that's the HE version, for some reason I assumed that was the one you were playing
sikraiken

Post by sikraiken »

Yeah, I'm playing HE. Thanks :D