Shooting game T-Shirts available at Click-Stick.com

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
system11

Post by system11 »

Maybe if they come up with a design representative of shooting games, sure.

Maybe it's for players of Circus Charlie too? ;-)
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
BIG

Post by BIG »

Dunno 'bout you kids,but I'm getting a few to support Click and his valiant effort.

BIG-
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

I'm not being down on click stick, but I saw this shirt design some time ago and just don't really like it. I don't play shooters because I'm a fan of turning my tv on its sign, I play for the gameplay. There are accusations from time to time that us 'taters' are elitist, and the idea of a shirt celebrating that is just a bit too much for me.

*apologies in advance to click-stick*
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
Eugenics: you know it's right!
SHMUP sale page.
BIG

Post by BIG »

CMoon wrote:I'm not being down on click stick, but I saw this shirt design some time ago and just don't really like it. I don't play shooters because I'm a fan of turning my tv on its sign, I play for the gameplay. There are accusations from time to time that us 'taters' are elitist, and the idea of a shirt celebrating that is just a bit too much for me.

*apologies in advance to click-stick*
To each his own,I suppose.

Elitist or not,I think it's a pretty clever design. Besides,most people wouldn't know what it represents,anyway.

BIG-
tehkao

Post by tehkao »

That's it? Just one shirt? :?:
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

cool stuff as far as i am concerned. i'm ordering one.
I have no sig whatsoever.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

"Clever design" :? No offense, but it's just a white shirt with a TV drawn on it's side!

"Maybe if they come up with a design representative of shooting games, sure."

Exactly. I don't think there's anything elitist about this shirt, but I'd personally rather buy a shirt that has an actual video game/name/design on it, not just a white shirt with the black outlines of a TV on it.
DEL

Click's T Shirt

Post by DEL »

Apologies to Click in advance, but the TATE T is too obscure for me.

I had a couple of T shirts made last year - Border Down & GV before it was released.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

I sorta feel compelled to get that shirt, but only because my recently-acquired dedicated tate monitor looks exactly like that. I think the earlier designs of the shirt even read 1084 on the monitor. But the shirt is a bit bland. It could use some more...something.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

I'm getting one. Who else out there is doing anything to really cement the shmup community? The design is simple, and I love the fact that most people will be clueless as to it's meaning. This shirt sums up how I feel when I go in to preorder a shmup at Gamestop or something... misunderstood, spiked with a little bit of elitism. Give click-stick your business! It's $15 for shit's sake! That's less than you'll pay for some knock-off Mega Man shirt at Hot Topic.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
Davey

Post by Davey »

I'm with 8.5 here, although I doubt I'll buy one. I prefer this shirt's esoteric subtlety to a specific game shirt, which is not only less original but also screams "I'm a big dork" (admittedly, most of the stuff in my wardrobe does that anyway). Well, maybe that "Twinbee Expert" shirt is an exception. That rocks.

The truly entertaining part is to see whether or not you can explain the shirt to non-gamers and not come off sounding like a total goober.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

^ i went into best buy looking for a cheap tv i could keep tate'd so i'd actually play all my verts. trying to explain to the employee why i needed a tv with a steady side was very interesting. :roll:

i think it is a great design. especially considering how much ground it has to cover. a specific game or logo would limit the appeal even further it seems.
I have no sig whatsoever.
Sundance

Post by Sundance »

BIG wrote:Dunno 'bout you kids,but I'm getting a few to support Click and his valiant effort.

BIG-
I'm w/ Big.... i don't think of it as much supporting the individual T-shirt as it is just supporting the idea/community behind it. If we generalize anything we'll find problems w/in. Just do it for the reason behind it! I know i will/am.
"ooh, ahh, thats how all this starts, but then theres running and screaming" -LW:Jurrassic Park-
black mariah
Banned User

Post by black mariah »

You want something better? Do what click-stick is doing and make 'em your damn self.

Think about it. You get this and you have people walk up to you all the time. "WTF is with the sideways TV?" "Oh, it's a shmup thing." "The fuck is that?" "Here, let me show you...." :twisted:

Elitist? Seriously, you have to be an extreme twat to believe shit like that. Yeah, I'm elitist because I'm not so much of a lazy/wimpy fuck I can't manhandle a 27" TV onto its side safely. Huh? :roll:
Blow up self to involve enemies.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

"You want something better? Do what click-stick is doing and make 'em your damn self. " That's the point, other people have already made video game t-shirts that are, IMO, better.

I've never said it was elitist, but if someone's going to make video game t-shirts, they can certainly put more detail into them then that; even for $15. I don't have a problem supporting Click Stick, but I'd rather make a donation some other way. I never tate, so what point would there be in my wearing a t-shirt like this anyway?? It's a good way to support tate, but if you want a t-shirt that'll really bring attention to, and help promote, shmups, then get a Psyvariar T-shirt, or a Galaga one.

And at least a "knock off Mega Man shirt" would have a decent level of detail and actually have some color, like the shirts I suggested.
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

black mariah wrote:You want something better? Do what click-stick is doing and make 'em your damn self.

Think about it. You get this and you have people walk up to you all the time. "WTF is with the sideways TV?" "Oh, it's a shmup thing." "The fuck is that?" "Here, let me show you...." :twisted:

Elitist? Seriously, you have to be an extreme twat to believe shit like that. Yeah, I'm elitist because I'm not so much of a lazy/wimpy fuck I can't manhandle a 27" TV onto its side safely. Huh? :roll:
Jesus...someone run over your dog this morning? It isn't like I'm pulling the elitist thing out of my ass, it has been said here before, and we've have huge arguments over tating with just those kinds of words thrown around. Tate is absolutely cool, but I don't think I need it on a t-shirt. Its an opinion, you don't need to yell at all of us for having one....especially when most of us said we are supportive of click-stick and many even included apologies in their post...

Wow.
Randorama wrote:ban CMoon for being a closet Jerry Falwell cockmonster/Ann Coulter fan, Nijska a bronie (ack! The horror!), and Ed Oscuro being unable to post 100-word arguments without writing 3-pages posts.
SHMUP sale page.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

I just ordered one. Screw all you non-tateing weenies. :P
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Ordered mine on Tuesday. It's a bummer click hit a snag and was unable to get a few more colors, but it is a very nice shirt any way ya cut it.
Davey

Post by Davey »

dave4shmups wrote:if someone's going to make video game t-shirts, they can certainly put more detail into them then that; even for $15
You're missing the point. It's supposed to be simple and low-key. It would be just as easy to make a shirt with a big, colorful Vic Viper picture that says "SHMUPS RULE!" underneath it, but it would ooze with tackiness.

dave4shmups wrote:if you want a t-shirt that'll really bring attention to, and help promote, shmups, then get a Psyvariar T-shirt, or a Galaga one.
1.) No t-shirt will ever make somebody say "Whoa, shmups, I should play those"
2.) A Psyvariar shirt wouldn't have any character. It would just look like a generic anime shirt, as would almost any game-specific shmup shirt.

Besides, since nobody knows what it is anyway, you might as well have some fun confusing people with an inside joke. For example:
DonPachi Shirt #1 vs. DonPachi Shirt #2
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Davey wrote: Besides, since nobody knows what it is anyway, you might as well have some fun confusing people with an inside joke. For example:
DonPachi Shirt #1 vs. DonPachi Shirt #2
goddamn I would buy both those shirts! The second one is just perfect!
SHMUP sale page.
Neon

Post by Neon »

I would buy Donpachi shirt #2 in a heartbeat.

Guess I'll have to settle for click-stick's though. $15 isn't too much and his site is worthwhile with news, etc. I'll get it.

Not nearly as geeky as half my wardrobe anyways.
superhitachi4

Post by superhitachi4 »

Haha, nice shirt. My TV's currently behind me, and vertical as well. :( I think it spends more time vertical than horizontal. I'll have to order one of those shirts.
MadSteelDarkness

Post by MadSteelDarkness »

I actually like the simplicity of the Click Stick shirt's design. And besides, it's less than I spent at a bar last night... :lol:...err, lots of nights. :oops:

I'm gettin' one.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Neon wrote:I would buy Donpachi shirt #2 in a heartbeat.
God that idea rocks.
icepick

Post by icepick »

I have to agree with the second Donpachi shirt. That was really funny! :lol:

Davey, let's team up and continue the trend. Shmups.com ShmupsForum Tee, proceeds going to Malc as donation for the forum. What do you say? :wink:

(Okay, maybe a bad idea. Pfft.)
\\ /\/\ \
CMoon

Post by CMoon »

Don't forget to make a shirt that just says in big red letters (preferably in the ugliest font possible): ARE YOU GREAT?
SHMUP sale page.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

"You're missing the point. It's supposed to be simple and low-key." Why?!

If part of the point of wearing these is to initiate converstations with people about our shmupping hobby, then a Galaga or Psyvariar or DDP shirt would do the job much better, IMO.
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

I really dig simple, retro-looking shirts like what click has. Maybe I'll buy it one day.

Nothing beats UFO's self-made Gradius V shirt, though.
Darkcomet72

Post by Darkcomet72 »

I do like the simplicity of the shirt... Too bad I never tated a TV in my life :oops:. I remember the good old days when clothes used to make a statement :P.
Ed: He asked for mustard Eddy! Do you have corn in your ears mister?