Raiden Fighters Compilation heading to the Xbox 360

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

I got Raiden Fighters Aces just last Friday, and for RFJ, I managed to get 40 million+ points on my first serious run of the game. I got to Phase 1 through Level 40, so something tells me that I have a long way to go.
[ Wonder Force IV -sorry Frenetic :c- ]
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

i got my first falsificare
You're a real liar! This is fake. You can't earn 100,000,000 points on Normal difficulty or above. It's 100% virtually impossible. No Americans can do that. Only Japan can do that. Valcon Games disabled this function upon the game's release. This video should go straight into trash and never should viewed again. This is just a video that only pussies would fall for. How stupid! STUPID! STUPID!! STUUUPIIIIIIDDD!!!!
from this video

lol
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

FALSIFICARE
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

I like the idea of a developer disabling scoring above a certain amount for Americans. Like, sorry, you guys aren't that good and we won't even give you a chance to be.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
croikle

Post by croikle »

Luckily the impossibility is 100% virtual.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

Twiddle wrote:i got my first falsificare
You're a real liar! This is fake. You can't earn 100,000,000 points on Normal difficulty or above. It's 100% virtually impossible. No Americans can do that. Only Japan can do that. Valcon Games disabled this function upon the game's release. This video should go straight into trash and never should viewed again. This is just a video that only pussies would fall for. How stupid! STUPID! STUPID!! STUUUPIIIIIIDDD!!!!
from this video

lol
That sounds exactly like the mindless bullshit of "Maiku Kamishiro" (among other aliases):

From this day forward, I have unlocked all 5 achievements. There are no more achievements to unlock. I really do not think this 12 achievement is correct. There are only 5 of them and they the Destroyed Targets. Everything else is a indiscriminate fraud and fake achievements. You can go on and keep telling me it's possible to gain anymore than the 5 achievements I have because you are lying to me with full treachery each time you tell me. Now that the achievements have all been accomplished, I have no use for Ikaruga anymore. This game can now kiss my @$$ good-bye. Thank you and have a wonderful day! I'll miss you, Ikaruga forum! Take care!
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Damn...that boy gets around. I've also seen him in the R-Type and EDF 2017 forums.

I'm just waiting for the 4D Lizard Men to arrive.
Kyper

Post by Kyper »

Wow, I noticed his 'truth' preaching on Gamefaqs...
nash87

Post by nash87 »

Twiddle wrote:i got my first falsificare
from this video

lol
ROFL! that's about the stupidest thing i've heard all month.

you should simply reply that you're asian and you disabled the disabled function along with everyone else who broke 100mil because they must be asian too.

clearly we americans (along with everyone else in this region) with our huge eyes can't do as well as asians who are clearly (according to this guy) a far superior race who can use their far superior more focused eyes to zone in on those hard to see bullets and scoring mechanics.

what an idiot

EDIT:

I wonder if i got the same/similar message seeing as how i broke 100mil too
GaijinPunch wrote:Someone PM me when we have to play w/ the stick up our asses.
"shrimps in my eyes! I cannot see!"
XBLA: h8erfisternator
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

you do of course realize that he is trolling twiddle and you are falling for it
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

i'd believe he was trolling if there weren't youtube posters who were seriouspost stupid

so lol
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

that's true, but I'm an optimist and always like to assume the best case scenario
Aru-san

Post by Aru-san »

It seems Doomsday7985 is a firm believer of Nihonjinron.

Japanese people really are a magnificent people. :wink:
In before some random American breaks 200 million.
[ Wonder Force IV -sorry Frenetic :c- ]
Daigoro

Post by Daigoro »

i was going to start a GD in the strat forum, but i figured id just talk about it here:

Score Attack!

so, whats with the Slave suicides at the beginning of the level in RF1? is there any actuall point? if so, im missing it.

ive been doing well at it, but i hit a wall. im in 4th at the moment. now trying to play a perfect run, i make silly small mistakes. all part of the proccess.

im still dogcrap at bullet scratching, so i usually take it or leave it. im sure id do better with a decent stick, but im using the semi-crappy Hori EX. its a bit squishy when it comes to small precise movements.

still working at it, though i took a small break recently. im pretty addicted to Score Attack. i havent put much time into RF2 or Jet yet, but plan to.

/liveshmupjournal
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

you need power to get an extra 50000 points to destroy the large plane by quick shotting it

that's like 1% of 5 million woah
unban shw
Daigoro

Post by Daigoro »

Twiddle wrote:you need power to get an extra 50000 points to destroy the large plane by quick shotting it

that's like 1% of 5 million woah
explain this to me like im dumb. please!

edit: im guessing you mean the first large ship that appears after the first 2 Miculis, but i dont know what you mean about powering up.

does dying rank things down?

i wasnt even sure this game had ranking.

damn im a noob.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

if you don't suicide for the 2 extra powerups you get from dying, you can't kill the 50000 point quick shot plane (the one that drops a slave pickup) without bombing and if you're playing as a ship that starts with 2 bombs you won't have enough for saving all 4 of the houses at the boss if you bomb that ship instead of suicide

also you have infinite lives
unban shw
Daigoro

Post by Daigoro »

hrm. ok now im slightly more confused.

the guy in 1st place dosent quick shot that plane, does he? he milks it for bullet grazing. if im remebering correctly...

so, is it not a neccesary strategy?

also, im still confused what you mean by "power up". does this have to do with rank, or do powerups drop when you suicide (i dont think they do).

thanks.

EDIT: ok im an idiot. i know what plane you mean now. it is the first one, not the bullet milking one by the boss tank. that one drops a bomb, not a slave.

so i guess it does rank up/down.

but you said die twice? i thought they only die once?

ill need to go scrutinize the replay.

thanks again.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

die with 1 power = get 2 powerups
unban shw
Daigoro

Post by Daigoro »

uhh... so, that is ranking down? :oops: you start with "one power" and you get powered up when you die?

whatever! im just going to start suiciding and try to quickshot that first ship that drops the slave.

thanks.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

no when you die you drop 2 powerups from your ship no matter what
unban shw
Diebythesword

Post by Diebythesword »

Raiden IV is coming to the US!
Arcatech

Post by Arcatech »

schweet! Any idea of when?

edit: nm, saw the other thread :oops:
Daigoro

Post by Daigoro »

Twiddle wrote:no when you die you drop 2 powerups from your ship no matter what
duh. thanks, i got it as soon as i tried it when i got home last night. thanks again.

i also found out that it isnt necessary to suicide (because you can still quickshot all of the first set of ships before the fairy), but there is no good reason not to suicide.

the extra power up makes that first part much easier to blow through.

so i had a nice breakthrough this morning. i beat my 4th place score about 3 times without moving up a place, and then put up a very solid run with around 46 mil i think. good enough for second place. pretty cool.

looks like there are some new people in the top 10 in the last few days, so i expect ill have to put in some more work if i want to keep myself up.

first place still looks pretty daunting though. PvtBones (i think thats right) plays very well and put together a pretty flawless run for that 50mil score.
nash87

Post by nash87 »

Daigoro wrote:uhh... so, that is ranking down? :oops: you start with "one power" and you get powered up when you die?

whatever! im just going to start suiciding and try to quickshot that first ship that drops the slave.

thanks.
by "power ups" he means those M/L pick ups. you grab those to "power up" your ship

as far as rank goes, and I'm only referring to RFJ, besides upgrading medals... I've noticed that depending on how well you do (don't ask how) certain planes that would normally be P.U.C.E.'s (power up carrying enemies) drop a medal instead of a P.U. Some easily noted spots are at the end of level 45 right before the boss where those 4 groups of popcorn planes come in, and at the begining of real phase 2, with the first sets of popcorn planes. I've had all of the P.U.C.E.'s except one drop medals instead of P.U.'s at both of those spots. all those extra max ranked/upgraded medals tend to add up, don't forget they're factored in to your end stage bonuses.

Maybe twiddle can elaborate more on this
GaijinPunch wrote:Someone PM me when we have to play w/ the stick up our asses.
"shrimps in my eyes! I cannot see!"
XBLA: h8erfisternator
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

if your power is "near maxed" (slave/miclus/normal ships: 4, raiden/vp1 ships: 4/4) half of the red powerup planes turn into blue medal carrier planes.
unban shw
Daigoro

Post by Daigoro »

good to know. thanks guys. ill keep that in mind when i start playing RJF a bit more.
Nukebelly

Post by Nukebelly »

I believe PvtBones is Twiddle... Am I right?
Daigoro

Post by Daigoro »

good question.

im allways curious whos who on the leader boards. too many alias' to keep track of.

there's probably a topic around here with such info. (my GT is "Matty Thorns". its almost impossible to get the GT you want on XBL without trying 20 of em)
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

im MeltyBloodR3Act
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!