Niiiice

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Varuga

Niiiice

Post by Varuga »

I haven't visited this bbs since the move, and I come and find a great forum like this...I wish I had known this last term, as I had to make a game in Flash for my Flash class.

I will post the link to it as soon as I pay my stupid web host..it is very much a work in progress, but it scored me an A, so I am not complaining much.
Update:I uploaded it a crappy geocities site here is the URL:http://www.geocities.com/shoegazerzine/xriser_v_01d.swf
It isn't fully optimized and is buggy as a roach motel, but I am just starting to learn Flash.(one thing that drives me nuts is the green border on the box, I should go back and fix that, it looks a lot better if you play the game in Flash player instead of a web browser).

I believe that Flash can do a good shooter, I just need to expand my Actionscript knowledge, or at least learn Actionscript 2.
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Welcome to Shmups Forum!

The test system I tried (1GHz WinXP) hit a few snags running the flash shmup. Collision detection didn't seem to work, and 5 enemies slowly flew onto screen, then some exploded by themselves, and then I waited a couple of minutes and no other enemies appeared?
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen
Varuga

Post by Varuga »

Thunder Force wrote:Welcome to Shmups Forum!

The test system I tried (1GHz WinXP) hit a few snags running the flash shmup. Collision detection didn't seem to work, and 5 enemies slowly flew onto screen, then some exploded by themselves, and then I waited a couple of minutes and no other enemies appeared?
Thats actually the biggest bug :)
Morden

Re: Niiiice

Post by Morden »

Tychom

Post by Tychom »

copy & paste the URL into a new window. Geocities arent fond of direct linking.
Varuga

Post by Varuga »

Gah I haven't been able to touch anything in so long. I have a big 3d modelling project I have to do...I am hoping to sit back down in the next month or two and get cracking on it again.

I have been toying with the idea of saying "screw flash" and brushing up on blitz 3d or something...then I can use my lovely models in all of their glory, plus practice the art of low poly modelling :)