In The Hunt- PS VS Saturn

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Saturn collector

Re: In The Hunt- PS VS Saturn

Post by Saturn collector »

I have just bought the saturn version and it does not start no matter what. My asian model is mk-80219-07 that run with 220 volts.
The disk is mint and i can run it on ssf emulator perfectly.
Sometime if a miracle happen the game boots but freeze just after the cgi intro or when i plug in a controller. Does anybody have a obscure fix? I love to play my saturn shmups on an oldass crt piece of shit, i would hate to be forced to play it on an emulator in hd madness.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Saturn collector wrote:I have just bought the saturn version and it does not start no matter what. My asian model is mk-80219-07 that run with 220 volts.
The disk is mint and i can run it on ssf emulator perfectly.
Sometime if a miracle happen the game boots but freeze just after the cgi intro or when i plug in a controller. Does anybody have a obscure fix? I love to play my saturn shmups on an oldass crt piece of shit, i would hate to be forced to play it on an emulator in hd madness.
Afraid that's the only trick I know, have you tried another console?
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Restart_Point wrote:And to end on a couple of non gameplay-related points, the Saturn (and arcade) version has the destructible iceberg sprites floating in the water around the middle of stage one, but they are totally absent in the PS1 version, which is odd and makes me wonder if the PS1 version is missing any other assets I haven't noticed.
There are large red butt plug shaped devices throughout the final stage that spew out red mines. They can be quite the pain in the ass. The PS version has this enemy removed completely allowing the player to glide past the final stage more smoothly.

Arcade section showing the mine throwers:
https://youtu.be/KT3wU2vMJQQ?t=1808

PS same level showing Stage 6 without:
https://youtu.be/DBXY0YGtIjY?t=1236