A Concept With Speed And Homing Lasers

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Reverie Planetarian

A Concept With Speed And Homing Lasers

Post by Reverie Planetarian »

OK, two of my favorite shmups have been the Layer Section/Ray-something series of games and the Kenta Cho freeware game, Torus Trooper...I've got a concept. What about a "pursuit" themed shmup like Torus Trooper with that same lock-on and "you're flying under me, now I'm going to shoot at you with my homing laser! Ha-HA!" mechanics from any of the Ray-whatever games. My idea involves flying like a maniac through a 2/3-D landscape, locking on to targets and ripping them to shreds. I have a whole storyline and game structure almost ready to go if anyone is interested in helping me. I don't have any real programming skills, so all I have been able to do with them as of late is these concepts. Would you believe the plot I had in mind was a mega-crossover?...anyway, if anybody bites, I'll talk more about it.
"Enjoy a nice Brown Betty with DEATH! But, but mostly eat death." ~Crow T. Robot~
Pixel_Outlaw

Post by Pixel_Outlaw »

What perspective are you looking to do? The "Ray" series used orthographic perspective while Torus Trooper used 3D perspective with 2d movement mapped to a 3d tube.
Some of the best shmups don't actually end in a vowel.
No, this game is not Space Invaders.
Reverie Planetarian

Post by Reverie Planetarian »

Hmm, something like an orthographic perspective done by Raystorm and Raycrisis. Rayforce was 2D after all...
"Enjoy a nice Brown Betty with DEATH! But, but mostly eat death." ~Crow T. Robot~