Nanobreaker - Konami continued with a ranking contest

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
postman

Nanobreaker - Konami continued with a ranking contest

Post by postman »

Konami ran another ranking contest for Nanobreaker, which ended March 15th. This is good news, in that perhaps future Gradius versions may continue the trend.

It's also interesting that the last three levels of the contest had no entries. Is this because it's too hard, or nobody cared? I played through the game, and it has some flaws.......
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Like no females whatsoever except a damsel in distress? BTW, would a CV fan have any reason to enjoy this game? It sure dropped in price quickly...
postman

Post by postman »

Here's my quick review of the game:

Yeah, since the engine is the same as the PS2 Castlevania, it does play like it in combat.......however there is an involved combo system ( I hate having to memorize combos personally) and some backtracking to be done (CV was somewhat linear, unless you are unlocking all the rooms.....)

Biggest problem in the game is lack of health replenish. I had to fight for about 2 hours straight just to get my health back from ranom droppings from small enemies.........needless to say that's where all the rumors of high difficulty come from......

I found it boring in the end....you level up quick enough, but most of the game boils down to mindless fighting......new combos can be fun, but a majority of it is just repetitie fighting...........however bosses were pretty cool.......final boss was a pain until you get the hang of it......

I'd recommend a rental first (you can beat easy mode in roughly 6 hours.....) and only if you really love it, buy it.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Thanks for the mini-review, man! Guess I'll get it when I feel like it then. Sounds like the "mindless, monotonous hack-n-slash" opinion held by the media before the game's release ended up being true.