Battle Garegga

Neon

Post by Neon »

Neon - 6,282,380 - Stage 6 - Golden Bat
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Ok people, can you double-check if i've uploaded your scores, please? I just noticed that Neon's last score wasn't up, so far...
Bulletmagnet wrote: cry for help!

I think you need to re-focus some more on the game, most of the deaths you're getting sound like you've forgotten some fundamental elements without realizing. For instance, most of the time you should be able to divert bullets from the likely vertical trajectory of medals (since medals appear every N enemies etc etc). In general, you sound like you've completely lost the pace with item-based enemies, more than anything else.

I think that the best cure is practice, maybe some refreshing with videos, and 100 times a day of this holy spell: "Rank is good and i love it a lot!" should suffice.

(???)
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Heh, it wasn't exactly a "cry for help," just letting off a bit of steam, heh heh. As I said, I've managed to 1CC every difficulty setting under "Arcade" before, and without too much trouble, not to mention that I've learned a bit more about how the game works since then...lately the thing just seems meaner and cheaper than usual, not just in medaling and whatnot, but just in general...I know no one's changed the programming on me (or HAVE they...?), so I figure I've just been playing it too much lately, and I'll give it a break for a bit.
Neon

Post by Neon »

Neon - 7,435,040 - Stage 6 - Golden Bat

What a game eh? Damn near perfect.

edit: referring to Garegga :lol:
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

okay, ive finally got around to posting my best b.g. score to date:

rust champion 4,890,250 stage 5
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

It's quite nice to play Garegga without thinking too much about scoring every once in a while.

Icarus - 7,263,260 - Stage 6 - Flying Baron [C]

Double KO'ed Black Heart and had to make the trip past the stage6 turret wall without an Extend, but thankfully regained it shortly after. Eventually lost the spare Extend, my Medals and my last life at the third large laser cannon. (Killed by the laser while dodging the tank's bullets, no less.)

Just warming up with some silly, unfocused play. Haven't played it for a few months, suddenly felt in the mood to play it again ^_^
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Icarus, any chance you'll be motivated to get back in full form? Just out of curiosity, how many times have you been able to complete the game in the past and with which ship(s)? Maybe we can even get old lazy Rando to get back in the mix now that we have the different ships score tables. :P

My most recent play:

Rastan78 - 6,725,210 - Stage 6 - Jinn the Mountain
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Well, I'm playing the game a bit more often now (even though I'm competing in the weekly smeets). As always, I can never stay away from Garegga for too long, or I get withdrawal symptoms ^_-

(Oddly enough, Garegga and Yoshi's Island are the only games which I play regularly, and miss with a passion if I stop playing for too long. ^_^;; )

My main aims are to first register a somewhat decent scoring Flying Baron ALL (of which I am really close), and secondly to register a high-scoring Bornnam ALL. Flying Baron first, to get back in the groove, and because I don't have to concentrate too hard on scoring high ^_-
Rastan78 wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many times have you been able to complete the game in the past and with which ship(s)?
My past records:
- Reinforcer (Grasshopper B) - 12mil+ ALL
- Golden Bat (Wild Snail ABC) - 12mil+ ALL
- Gain C - 10mil+ stage7

I think I've done the game 5 times in the past, twice with Reinforcer and 3 times with Golden Bat. Sadly the records for these are lost with the old backup battery, but once I get back up to speed, I'll be aiming to get these records matched/broken, and more importantly, verified.

My current records:
- Bornnam ABC - 10.4mil stage6
- Red Impulse (Flying Baron C) - 7.4mil stage6 (got the replay saved, up to 3rd form of Junkey Monkey before dying on the fast spread attack).
Rastan78 wrote:Maybe we can even get old lazy Rando to get back in the mix now that we have the different ships score tables.
Good luck. I've been trying for ages. Last time I asked, he mentioned he might try Miyamoto out. Although I think he should go for Chitta, for the extra challenge ^_-
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Eh, right now i have time for one shmup only, and i'm *still* trying to nail a good score on Raiden III (sigh, i'd add). Also, it's not so easy to get back to such a complex title like Garegga...who knows though, i may get back to this, but i hope you're not really waiting for me :?
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
Imhotep

Post by Imhotep »

Imhotep - 4,659,800 - Stage 6 - Rust Champion
land for man to live, sea for machine to function.
DC906270

Post by DC906270 »

OOps someone has forgotten to include my name on the high score table -

it should have read :

DC906270 - 4,890,250 - Rust Champion - Stage 5

Can someone correct this please? Randorama??? Cheers :)
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Corrected the error, sorry :oops: :wink:
Neon

Post by Neon »

Neon - 8,321,660 - Stage 6 - Golden Bat
SamIAm

Post by SamIAm »

SamIAm - 5,809,450 - Stage 5 - Golden Bat
ArrogantBastard

Post by ArrogantBastard »

I tried this game out and needless to say that I suck horribly at this game. I have no comprehension on how the scoring mechanics work. I've read up on Icarus' scoring tips, and, uh, I still don't get it. I don't remember what stage I reached, but I fought the black stealth plane and died right there. I think it was stage 3 or 4? I'm not sure...

ArrogantBastard - 3,343,130 - ??? - Golden Bat
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

The scoring really isn't all that complicated, at least compared to the rank, which ought to be offered as a college major. Basically, grab the medals without letting them pass to increase their value (up to 10,000 apiece), destroy certain parts of the background with your bombs (or partial bombs) to earn extra points or reveal more medals, and properly dissect bosses...that's at least the main stuff you need to worry about score-wise.

As for the stage you reached, if you fought the stealth bomber guy (aka "Black Heart"), and were playing the Japanese version, you were at stage 5. However, I seem to remember that when I played the "China/Denmark" version of Garegga in MAME, it skipped the 4th level, so you'd find Blacky sooner. If you're playing in MAME, check the version of the game you're using.
ArrogantBastard

I played the China / Denmark version.
ArrogantBastard

Played it some more to get my mind off of things since I couldn't sleep at all due to lots of things happening around here...

ArrogantBastard - 3,536,350 - 4 - Golden Bat
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

ArrogantBastard wrote:I played the China / Denmark version.
Check the first post in this thread, I think you need to use the Japan version for scores on this list. I think there might be a reference on how to set it up, in case you don't know how.
ArrogantBastard

Fuck. Withdraw my scores then...

I will have to change it to Japanese setting, and give it another try.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

You can probably apply most of your strats that you used on the Chinese version to the Japanese version. Just be mindful that the Japanese version is also far more difficult ^_-
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Rando, I think you overlooked my Chitta score from above. No worries, I'll just repost it here for your convenience.

Rastan78 - 6,725,210 - Stage 6 - Jinn the Mountain

Also had an 8.5 million Miyamoto score and forgot to write down exact score . . . DOH!
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

Ack, i apologize, i was sure the score was up :?
SamIAm

Post by SamIAm »

Ditto goes for my score, Rando. 8)
Neon

Post by Neon »

4. Neon - 7,435,040 - Stage 6 - Golden Bat
7. Neon - 6,282,380 - Stage 6 - Golden Bat
I know I'm good, but damn ;)

Also my latest score should bump me into 3rd

Neon - 8,321,660 - Stage 6 - Golden Bat

Thanks Rando.

Hopefully I'll make it to 7 tonight...
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Twiddle - 3420700 - Stage 5 - Gain-C

I didn't lose a single life until Stage 3 :oops:
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Twiddle - 4246460 - Stage 5 - Gain-C

Higher score, died earlier. Guh.
zinger

Post by zinger »

Oh, I forgot to post this:

zinger - 5,942,870 - Stage 5 - Gain

Not playing this ATM though
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

Rastan78 - 9,108,080 - Stage 7 - Miyamoto [ABC]
Ko.oS

Post by Ko.oS »

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~fw9a-ootk/m ... ml#garegga

is that a "new" all JP top score? if so, T3-whatever must have kicked himself in the groin . . .

[/OT]