Where's a good source to buy GBA-Micro accessories in USA?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
PC Engine Fan X!

Where's a good source to buy GBA-Micro accessories in USA?

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

After spotting a brand new GB-Micro handhand unit boxed and in new condition at my local Gamestop, I ended up getting it for a mere $49.99 USD (+ tax, of course). I do recall that they were originally priced at $99.99 USD (at the same debut price point when the 'old' GBA-SP first made it's flashy entrance in the USA).

I still can't believe how small and compact it really is...is smaller than some of the USA cell phones produced and certain Casio Exlim digital cameras.

My Gameboy Micro related question is this:

Where's a good source to buy Nintendo Gameboy Micro accessories in the USA? (I do recall that it was easier to buy them back in September of 2005 when it first made it's debut in the USA...) But nowdays, it seems that most stores (or even video game speciality shops for that matter) have stopped carry accessories for it.

And is it still possible to buy a GB-Micro to GBA-SP head-to-head 'link-up cable' adapter in the USA based stores these days? (I haven't personally seen one of those rare cable setups when the GB-Micro was available in the USA.)

I noticed that during the X-Mas shopping season of 2006, a lot of stores that had some remaining stock of unsold GB-Micros priced them at $39.99 USD and they sold out in a matter of minutes. Crazy shit, huh? After that, I haven't seen any stores selling the GB-Micro at all. I even headed down to my local Toys-R-Us store and inquired about if they still had any GB-Micros for sale. The answer: Sorry, we don't have any in stock but you can check out Nintendo's website and order one from there was the response back.

I didn't realize trying to locate such a source for a new GB-Micro was going to be a long and hard undertaking. The search for one was well worth it..... ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Aleanil

Post by Aleanil »

I've seen some Micros on sale at the local K-Mart on clearance for $34.99. They've been there for six months at the very least; you might get lucky if the one in your area gets as little business as mine.

As for the cable.... good luck. I didn't even realize they had released it. The date on it kept getting pushed back and back, and before I knew it the Micro was basically discontinued. Sad, really... the GBA Micro is an awesome system. Especially when paired with an X-Rom flash cartridge. :wink: I love my Micro almost as much as I love my DS.

Sorry I can't help you more, but K-Mart did have Micro stuff in stock the last time I was there (a month or so ago). It *was* before their huge clearance sale thingiemajigger, so they may have taken that chance to dump all the old stuff. Dunno, but it might be worth a shot for you. Good luck!
antron

Post by antron »

don't know of any physical shops but, http://store.nintendo.com has the micro to micro cable and a micro to SP converter.

nintendo.com has parts and accessories back to the SNES.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

For my fellow shmuppers,

Thanks for the kind 411 on the Gameboy Micro accessories... ^_~

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/retail/micro.jsp

The above link has the related accessories that I'm looking for...

Thanks again...

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~