Anyone have the PS2 Sega Classic's Collection yet?...

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
dave4shmups

Anyone have the PS2 Sega Classic's Collection yet?...

Post by dave4shmups »

I think I'll probably end up getting this mainly for the Alien Syndrome remake-from the videos I've seen of it on Gamespot.com, it looks like a pretty killer borderliner! :D

Still, I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY Sega didn't inlcude the Afterburner II remake. It's not like this game was unpopular here in the US; it got it's own cameo in T2 for Pete's sake! :?
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

i heard the game is pure shit but dont take my word for it
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Did you hear this about the collection, or just Alien Syndrome?

I've heard good things about the Alien Syndrome remake; the worst one is supposed to be Golden Axe?
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

when i watched the video, i was thinking of Alien Storm, was wondering why it didn't look like the same game. apparently, it isn't. :wink:
I have no sig whatsoever.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

PsikyoPshumpPshooterP wrote:i heard the game is pure shit but dont take my word for it
Did you read what the reviews had to say? They basically complain about the graphics and the terrible Golden Axe port, not the gameplay (with the exception of Golden Axe). From what I read, the gameplay for the majority of the games is very good and true to the originals. Some impressions I read even said that Alien Syndorme is better than the original.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Just pick it up. There's no reason not to since it's only $2 a game.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Ganelon wrote:Just pick it up. There's no reason not to since it's only $2 a game.
Less than 2 dollars a game if you go to Circuit City this week. It's on sale for $14.99 there. I'm thinking of picking it up this week.
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

Hot damn, thanks BrianC. I'm going to CC tomorrow.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

I may have to as well! I thought the MSRP was $19.99. (?)

In any case, the new Alien Syndrome does indeed look better then the original-there are combos when you shoot aliens, and great stuff like that.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

It's definitely a weak collection if you're expecting anything but low budget remakes. The worst thing about it is how unbelievably ugly most games included are and I think they could have chosen much better games like Gain Ground. I honestly only got it for Golden Axe and Fantasy Zone, FZ is solid and Golden Axe is playable (though the way they stretched out the levels makes the game extremely boring).
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

dave4shmups wrote:I may have to as well! I thought the MSRP was $19.99. (?)
Yeah, it is, but looks like BrianC noticed that CC's 3/27-4/5 ad has it temporarily at $15. Very sweet, except that this is the one week where I'm not able to go. Bummer.
CecilMcW00t

Post by CecilMcW00t »

I have it, and I don't regret my purchase one bit! The only game I'm disliking in the collection is Golden Axe. I love the remixed tunes but the game plays like pure ass. But I will give it another chance. =/

I think my favorite games on it are Outrun, Fantasy Zone, and Alien Syndrome. I can't get the theme "Splash Wave" out of my head from Outrun... That game has one of the catchiest soundtracks I swear...
"I've always wanted a thing called Tuna Sasimi!"