General youtube shmup thread.

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Mero

Re: General youtube shmup thread.

Post by Mero »

Here's the Turbo Force car in Sonic Wings 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acsz6XX63QI
DEL

Post by DEL »

Send....more....Paramedics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nisk30s ... sg&index=1

I was quite ill with a SAVAGE flu when I did this run. So I don't know how I was in a state to do the damage :| . This damn flu is destroying my core. It started by giving me a Migraine. I've never had a migraine in my life before :shock:
A Big Thanks to pestro87 for the upload!
I think its best watched in 480p quality, not 720p HD.
If you don't want to bore yourself with a long viewing, just watch the final Stage 2-5. It has some.......moments.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

DEL wrote:Send....more....Paramedics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nisk30s ... sg&index=1

I was quite ill with a SAVAGE flu when I did this run. So I don't know how I was in a state to do the damage :| . This damn flu is destroying my core. It started by giving me a Migraine. I've never had a migraine in my life before :shock:
A Big Thanks to pestro87 for the upload!
I think its best watched in 480p quality, not 720p HD.
If you don't want to bore yourself with a long viewing, just watch the final Stage 2-5. It has some.......moments.
That very last dodge was pure adrenaline I suppose. Great run! :D

Thanks for uploading pestro87!
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
pestro87

Post by pestro87 »

No problem guys! Just let me know if you want me to upload another run, DEL. I highly enjoyed watching the run myself. Good stuff :)
DEL

Post by DEL »

Many Thanks pestro!

Plasmo wrote;
That very last dodge was pure adrenaline I suppose. Great run! :D
Yeah it was a nice dramatic way to finish off :lol:
The tiniest of gaps, fitted through at slow lard speed. My previous credit had ended with a failure at that critical point, so I was determined to Destroy the Core.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Not sure where else to post this, but I just watched this guy nearly counterstop Futari God Mode (via double-play) while having a conversation with his Love Plus waifu. He must be the king of multitasking.
BIL

Post by BIL »

nasty_wolverine

Post by nasty_wolverine »

Hellsinker 1cc run, with Kagura Moon Cradle http://youtu.be/tkeP2ay1L0M
Elysian Door - Naraka (my WIP PC STG) in development hell for the moment
Tyjet

Post by Tyjet »

My Deathsmiles MBL ALL Level 999 run. I received half damage at the canyon boss which messed me up when I got to Jitterbug. Bloody Jitterbug was not triggered :(

Well, at least I know for sure I have to no miss Jitterbug for him to appear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JioYQ7WLavo
My Youtube Channel | Xbox: Tyjet Poison | My Scores
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Was trying out recording with a different video codec, much more pleased with it than what I'd been using (Xvid, quite happy with it for quality/filesize), was an excuse to record a hilariously shit run of DDP (I really should have restarted the run, just look at stage 4 oh god).

Watch me fail at chaining and everything. lolnope

jesus wait what the fuck happened to the video quality ugh, goddamn it youtube, it looked fine before I uploaded it, deleting that shit

Obviously I gotta see how to get it not to screw up video quality for vert recordings.
Last edited by BareKnuckleRoo on Mon May 27, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperSoaker360

Post by SuperSoaker360 »

1CC List | YouTube Channel | Twitter | RebKMG/KMG
RegalSin wrote:Wait a minute, everything else is better then an aerodactyle, with a man face on it.
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Here's a 1-life clear of the arcade version of Hyper Dual. I've heard of this game around the Internet for years but I'd never really given a try until I saw its praise in the recent 'Pink Bullets' Fanazine and thought I'd give it a blast, as it turns out it's bloody brilliant! I've always been a fan of the Technosoft games on the Megadrive, my fav being Elemental Master, but they've usually been a bit on the easy side. This time around though they ramped up the difficulty but it still feels a little bit 'consolely' but it's defiantly more challenging than the MD games. And it still has that awesome Technosoft music!

Note: This isn't a mega high-score run. I managed to a few 'perfect' level bonuses but I'd need more practice to get the others. Also I lost a TON of points by demonstrating a 'no-hands IPhone firing safe spot' on stage 5 (09:10). I thought it was too cool not to record and I just sacrificed the points to exploit it ;)

http://youtu.be/LG44FlNxJd8
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
Acid_Rain

Post by Acid_Rain »

iconoclast wrote:Not sure where else to post this, but I just watched this guy nearly counterstop Futari God Mode (via double-play) while having a conversation with his Love Plus waifu. He must be the king of multitasking.
Why does his brain not explode? :shock:
nasty_wolverine

BareknuckleRoo wrote:Was trying out recording with a different video codec, much more pleased with it than what I'd been using (Xvid, quite happy with it for quality/filesize), was an excuse to record a hilariously shit run of DDP (I really should have restarted the run, just look at stage 4 oh god).

Watch me fail at chaining and everything.

jesus wait what the fuck happened to the video quality ugh, goddamn it youtube, it looked fine before I uploaded it, deleting that shit

Obviously I gotta see how to get it now to screw up video quality for vert recordings.
encode with x264, in mp4 container, at twice the resolution if possible, audio in aac stereo, 48khz sampling, 384kbps...
once you upload to youtube, it does its own encoding, so xvid will be re-encoded to x264, and also weboptimized... its better to stick to their formats to save quality...

check here for more info
nasty_wolverine

Hellsinker Extra stages clear with Kagura [Multi Trajectory Shell] Moon Cradle.

http://youtu.be/to0B2-4orxs
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Upscaling 2x as a few people have suggested seems to have been one of the better ways of maintaining quality, I think it's what I did for later videos anyways (I don't upload often so I keep forgetting what settings I got working...).

40 mil with Tateha in Espgaluda.
Kobayashi

Post by Kobayashi »

Acid_Rain

Post by Acid_Rain »

BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Acid_Rain wrote:Dodonpachi TAS :lol:
I fucking hate how Longplays aren't marked as TAS or non-TAS in the videos, then you have people commenting on "ZOMG SO MUCH SKILL". I complained about this on one an R-Type vid, but the channel was lazy and made the excuse that it would be too much effort to add TAS or non-TAS to current or future video descriptions (wtf???).
Acid_Rain

Post by Acid_Rain »

BareknuckleRoo wrote:
I fucking hate how Longplays aren't marked as TAS or non-TAS in the videos, then you have people commenting on "ZOMG SO MUCH SKILL". I complained about this on one an R-Type vid, but the channel was lazy and made the excuse that it would be too much effort to add TAS or non-TAS to current or future video descriptions (wtf???).
THREE LETTERS, so much work… :shock:
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

I love this comment on the video:
We dont allows cheating in longplays, it was all done tool-assisted (Re-Recording + Savestates)
Hmm...
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
shmups IRC wrote:wich linode wud u fuk
Tyjet

Post by Tyjet »

A scoring attempt at Dodonpachi Saidaioujou Xbox360 Mode. SHOT-ALL CLEAR, Score of 22,740,961,184

Posted before, but a demonstration of the Full Auto Maneuver in Expert Mode if you missed it.
My Youtube Channel | Xbox: Tyjet Poison | My Scores
nasty_wolverine

beatsgo wrote:
We dont allows cheating in longplays, it was all done tool-assisted (Re-Recording + Savestates)
Hmm...
TAS and using cheats are different things, TAS is used to determine the theoritical limits of the game, like in DDP is a No-miss run possible, or in Metroidvania/MegamanX things like least item/time runs (which i find very fun to watch). And they should be marked as such. and its very hard work to record and re-record and use savestates, its no mean feat. Good TAS players will work as hard as good scorers to shave off that extra second off their runs.

Using cheats is well, cheating. You dont have to obey the rules of the game and you can just breeze throught the entire thing.

Bottom line, TAS is great when marked as such and effort put into it, Cheaters are Cheaters.
beatsgo

Post by beatsgo »

nasty_wolverine wrote:
beatsgo wrote:
Hmm...
TAS and using cheats are different things, TAS is used to determine the theoritical limits of the game, like in DDP is a No-miss run possible, or in Metroidvania/MegamanX things like least item/time runs (which i find very fun to watch). And they should be marked as such. and its very hard work to record and re-record and use savestates, its no mean feat. Good TAS players will work as hard as good scorers to shave off that extra second off their runs.

Using cheats is well, cheating. You dont have to obey the rules of the game and you can just breeze throught the entire thing.

Bottom line, TAS is great when marked as such and effort put into it, Cheaters are Cheaters.
I get what you mean. Using TAS in a non-TAS competitive way is an obvious no-no.
Ex-STGWeekly Crew
Sky of Pin
LoserGaiden
shmups IRC wrote:wich linode wud u fuk
kathy

Post by kathy »

Akai Putana no miss. Just found this and am not sure if this has been posted before http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-z_lUsFWbU

the slowdown difference between pcb / port is unreal - check out the stage 2 boss :lol:
Obscura

Post by Obscura »

Uploaded a vid of my Kamui 1cc. Crap score, just short of 20 mil. Hilarious sloppiness on stages 5 and 6.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhKV7HP10KA
CptRansom

Post by CptRansom »

SDOJ 360 Mode - Shot - 23.1 billion

I'm coming for you, Khoa. You bastard.
<trap15> I only pick high quality games
<trap15> I'm just pulling shit out of my ass tbh
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Why do you have comments disabled? :?:

Those enemies that teleport in at the top of the screen in stage 3 are invulnerable for a short period during the teleport animation, as are those large turrets when they're at the very top of the screen and just appearing, so they're worth a lot if can use a hyper early on and laser them as they pop up, which gets you a large chunk of hits (10,000 or so before reaching the midboss). Aim for at least a 20,000 chain by the time the midboss dies and you can get to the st3 boss with 25-30,000 (the best I've gotten is 8 bil by the end of stage 3, although I only had 7 bil or so I think on my current highscore, so I know I have room for improvement).