Crows on Sega Saturn

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
LoneSage

Crows on Sega Saturn

Post by LoneSage »

Got it from neorichieb a coupla days ago, it's OK. I don't mind mindless beat em ups, so I like this one. It could have been way better if some of the stages weren't so short and if there were more backgrounds (I've noticed some re-used ones, maybe with the music too). The combo system's pretty cool, I actually like that a bit.

I also like punching the girlfriend in the park :P Nice interactivity with the bystanders.

jp, any idea as to what the production run was for this game? Also, you know how long the game is?
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

Production run is considered low, since the game on it's own isn't going to make demand go through the roof. No actual numbers, but in 7 years, I only saw it twice in Akihabara.

Here's my opinions of the game.
jp

Post by jp »

2500-5000 is my estimate. There's way less of them then there are of Taromaru, and I know for a fact Taromaru has 7500 copies.

The game typically takes me 30-45 minutes (I think, I've only played through it 5 or so times). It has 5 levels and each level has 5 or so stages varying in length.

Decent enough game.
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
Ganelon

Re: Crows on Sega Saturn

Post by Ganelon »

LoneSage wrote:I also like punching the girlfriend in the park :P Nice interactivity with the bystanders.
Hmm, I wonder what type of husband you're gonna be... :evil:

j/k But seriously, it's sad that I hear she's the only female character in the game...
jp

Re: Crows on Sega Saturn

Post by jp »

Ganelon wrote:
LoneSage wrote:I also like punching the girlfriend in the park :P Nice interactivity with the bystanders.
Hmm, I wonder what type of husband you're gonna be... :evil:

j/k But seriously, it's sad that I hear she's the only female character in the game...

Unless some of the ninjas are females under the costume.

*shrugs*
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!
LoneSage

Post by LoneSage »

Hey, I didn't know you played this GP. You must have just added it, cause I didn't see it there before.

Thanks jp for the estimates, I feel special :P

Ganelon: I also punch the cop any chance I get ;)
judesalmon

Post by judesalmon »

Hey jp, I read again somewhere about Prikura Daisakusen having the fewest copies made out of any Saturn full-release, is there anyway to verify these numbers?
Be attitude for gains:
1) Be praying...
2) Be praying...
3) Be praying...

And a shameless plug for the stuff I'm selling on eBay, if you're into that sort of thing.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

The game is so repetitive.

The game loads and loads and loads. I swear when I played it, it was like a loading screen appeared every 45 seconds.. Except when enemies would respawn and respawn and respawn.

When you slap up the lady on the park bench a police officer with a baton comes and joins the action, thats the only funny thing about the whole game.

The enemy sprites are all the same, I think there are only 2 designs.

Its good clean mindless action, but its not worth price of admission.. Its just a rare saturn game.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

LoneSage wrote:Hey, I didn't know you played this GP. You must have just added it, cause I didn't see it there before.
Yeah, I added it just a couple of weeks ago. I think until the weekend you could see it in the "recent additions" section on the right.
PaCrappa

Post by PaCrappa »

judesalmon wrote:Hey jp, I read again somewhere about Prikura Daisakusen having the fewest copies made out of any Saturn full-release, is there anyway to verify these numbers?
Given the facts that I have several Prikura Daisakusens myself, that I know at least a dozen people who have their own, that it's readily available on ePay any time you should happen to want one, and that every single game shop in Aki had at least five when I looked, I'd say what you read about it has been verified. As false. As for the actual numbers pressed for PD or any other game, I don't see any way that we can know for sure. I haven't seen any site or listing anywhere that I'd accept as gospel.

Crows = Overrated. I should sell mine and take my girl out to dinner at El Gaucho.

Pa
GaijinPunch

Post by GaijinPunch »

Heim Waltz and Eyeful Home, while only promos, had a print run of 50 each I have heard. Sounds about right.