PSP noob, help...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
sven666

PSP noob, help...

Post by sven666 »

yeah so i got a PSP and 2gigs memory hopeing to get mame and the ps1 emu running on it.

only problem is i know jack shit about PSP, emulation or anything of the sort.. how do i get this stuff running?
i managed to install mame but where the hell do i put the roms to get them playing (i cant even make them appear in the list of default roms (which i dont even have) ??

where can i find the ps1 emulator?
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: PSP noob, help...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

sven666 wrote:yeah so i got a PSP and 2gigs memory hopeing to get mame and the ps1 emu running on it.

only problem is i know jack shit about PSP, emulation or anything of the sort.. how do i get this stuff running?
i managed to install mame but where the hell do i put the roms to get them playing (i cant even make them appear in the list of default roms (which i dont even have) ??

where can i find the ps1 emulator?
For sven666,

What firmware is your PSP listed as?

As for Mame running on the PSP, it's not as developed as NJ's Neo-Geo MVS or CPS2 emulators for the PSP. Your best bet would be to d/l those particular PSP emus & use your favorite arcade Roms with those instead.

Believe it or not, those two PSP emus use a modified version of Mame to run at virtually 60 frames per second framerate and loading directly off the PSP's Memory Stick Pro Duo memory card. Very impressive PSP emulators if you ask me... ^_~

If you do have such a PSP with firmware 1.50, you're in luck and all you need to do is place your emus into the "Game" folder (which'll be two seperate folders anways).

I couldn't get PSP Mame to run at all and simply gave up on it. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
sven666

Post by sven666 »

it is version 1.50 too..
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
PC Engine Fan X!

Step by step instructions on how to install CPS2PSP emu...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Please check your PM as you 've got mail... ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~