Raping a dedicated cab of its PCB!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
neorichieb1971

Raping a dedicated cab of its PCB!

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I made a request today thats kind of making me feel guilty.

On ebay, there is a cab in the States, I just want the PCB out of it. I've asked the seller if thats ok, I mean if i'm the highest bidder and only want a portion of the product then surely thats ok.

But what happens to that lovely cab?

I think i'm going to feel terribly guilty if the seller agrees to sell me the PCB alone.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: Raping a dedicated cab of its PCB!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

neorichieb1971 wrote:I made a request today thats kind of making me feel guilty.

On ebay, there is a cab in the States, I just want the PCB out of it. I've asked the seller if thats ok, I mean if i'm the highest bidder and only want a portion of the product then surely thats ok.

But what happens to that lovely cab?

I think i'm going to feel terribly guilty if the seller agrees to sell me the PCB alone.
For neorichie1971,

For the classic arcade gamer purist, it would be best to have the original arcade cabinet + the PCB for higher resale value. But if you really don't have room or really want the arcade cabinet -- sell it to someone else who could use it as replacement or a backup arcade cab. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I've bid on the auction with the sellers ok that if I win he will take out the PCB.

The auction is in the states and im in the UK, but I can't find the PCB standalone anywhere and if I do its $300+.

To get that cab over here I would have to pay in excess of $1000.

The seller said he can convert the cab to another game.. the only thing that will go to waste is the artwork and decals.

I do kinda feel bad about doing this but i'm saving money in the process.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

why dont you advertice the cab as free for anyone that cares to pick it up.

sleep easy at night :)
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

No worries, the guy put a reserve on the auction that I wasn't prepared to meet.

The game was Galaga88, which seems to be over $300 these days. Yet a whole cabinet costs less than that sometimes.. Its ridiculous.
llaoyllakcuf

Post by llaoyllakcuf »

not sure if you're still interested, but the mail-order store TOPS currently has Galaga '88 on their stocklist for 25,200 JPY (approx 214.00 USD).

they will do business with overseas customers, just contact the E-mail on their homepage