Monitor replacement parts (mainly convergence magnet)

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
segasonicfan

Monitor replacement parts (mainly convergence magnet)

Post by segasonicfan »

Hey folks,
I just scored an awesome Neo Candy 26" cabinet with only a couple minor problems (got it pretty damn cheap). The main problem is the convergence adjustments are broken. The plastic w/convergence tabs just slide off the neck once the neck board is removed so all I really need is a replacement for this. It the original Zenith monitor that came with the cab in 92 but the chasis is a brand new Kortek trisync :) Anyone have any idea where I can get the convergence part replaced?

Also, the candy is missing the coin mech but I need to get one for US quarters anyway. It's an incredible cab tho and I have pics and videos I'm going to upload soon. I think the Candy 26's are pretty damn rare though (according to what popped up on Google when I searched).

-Segasonicfan
I design retro gaming add-ons and repair old consoles :)
My Website: Segasonicfan Designs http://www.segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

The convergence rings on the neck are supposed to slide off. Whats the problem? they too loose? Usually after adjusting them I use a bit of whiteout painted across them to keep'em linked in place.

Adjusting convergence is a bitch, especially if you swaped with a PCB that doesn't match the tube's inductance. If you are seeing bad geometery/linearity problems, you may have to try remounting the yoke (yeah fun times there). I'm skeptical that a kortek trysync is going to be compatible with that tube/yoke.