I would like to make music for your game!

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
the Wozz

I would like to make music for your game!

Post by the Wozz »

Hello! My name is Alex and I would like to make music for your game.
I have some instrumental music posted at www.myspace.com/megachurch1 and one instrumental song posted on www.myspace.com/alexatchley (the first one, which was written with chiptune-god, SPAMTRON). I have never made music for any game ever at this point, so if anyone would like to help me out, that would be just fantastic. Let me know if you need any more examples.
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

Hey, I really like the first song on your second link. What can I use to make music like this on a PC?
the Wozz

Post by the Wozz »

well thanks!
i used Fruity Loops with 8 bit sounding VST's

-Magical 8 Bit Plug
-QuadraSID
-Pure64
-Triforce
-Peach
-Toad

edit! oops! i thought you said the 2nd song on the 1st link...

Happy Birthday Brian was written with MODPlug Tracker
RotateMe

Post by RotateMe »

I agree, the first song on the second link (happy bday brian) is freaking awesome, would provide a big motivation to continue playing. If I would have something more finished I'd ask if I could use this one but my only shmup project is still in an early phase :(
the Wozz

Post by the Wozz »

hey!
thanks for the kind words!

HAppy BDay Brian was a collab effort that I am very proud of.
Hit me up when you've got some more done on your game and
i can provide some hawt traxxxxx
Andy 5

Post by Andy 5 »

You've got talent, I'll give you that. Also, I'm looking for a good file format for my games. The obvious 21st-century choice would be to use MP3 music loaded from an external location, but I've never liked using pre-recorded music for 2D games (I'm weird that way, since I prefer using pre-recorded tunes in 3D games.)

That said, the limitations of MIDI music are starting to get right up my nose. Do you know of any sequence formats that will end up sounding like the sequenced music of 90s arcade machines, the Sega Megadrive or SNES?
And no pickles! Oh god help you if I find pickles!
-Stewie Griffin
Winane

Post by Winane »

Andy 5 wrote: The obvious early 21st-century choice would be to use Vorbis (or perhaps FLAC or Monkey's Audio, if file size is barely an issue) music
Fixed.
Andy 5 wrote: That said, the limitations of MIDI music are starting to get right up my nose. Do you know of any sequence formats that will end up sounding like the sequenced music of 90s arcade machines, the Sega Megadrive or SNES?
Tracker module files can be made to sound like anything you want.
(And of course, so can plain old WAV files, MP3 files, OGG files, etc. =P )
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

Mod files FTW . The best music format ever for gaming :)
segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan »

Great stuff! I was talking to someone else about making music for the game me and skink are making but haven't heard back from him. I think your stuff would be perfect for our game though :) I'll shoot you a PM now with some info.

-Zach
I design retro gaming add-ons and repair old consoles :)
My Website: Segasonicfan Designs http://www.segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
Andy 5

Post by Andy 5 »

I have ModPlug, I just don't have a keyboard, and I don't know how to use the damn program. My only real experience in music programs is FL Studio, which I use all the time, and I'm fairly adept at making MIDIs in FL Studio.

If only there was a MOD creating program where you could import MIDI tracks like in FL Studio. Either that, or if it had a usable piano roll. That would make MOD programs less daunting.
And no pickles! Oh god help you if I find pickles!
-Stewie Griffin