mega drive rgb cable...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Strider77

mega drive rgb cable...

Post by Strider77 »

I remember in the past it was mentioned here that a resistor was need for RGB out of a mega drive. Now I can't remember what kind. can someone refresh my memory.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
elvis

Post by elvis »

If you're coming straight off the Sony video-out chip, a 75ohm resistor followed by a 220uF cap (non-polarised preferred, but if you use polarised, negative towards the monitor).
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

I'm using a scart cable into an XRGB, a rewired scart cable that is.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
tassian

Post by tassian »

The best RGB scart pinouts available can be found here (MD1) and here (MD2). The same sites features the best collection of high quality RGB scart pinouts for several systems that I know of.
Don't drink and Ikaruga!