What do I need to play Torrent files on my PC??.....

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

What's wrong with leaving your PC on all day?
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Why didnt you just type "BitTorrent" into google in the first place instead of making a thread and pissing everyone off and getting worked up?

Im guessing the replay is 100meg+, didnt you think it was strange that the file Dl'd in 2seconds?? Hmm what does 0% mean? :?
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Nothing, which is why all the big companies do it.

And yeah, it could be a firewall issue. Assuming you didn't install a firewall yourself, there could really be nothing you could do.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

It is now downloading, slowly but surely.. I clicked "open with", rather then "save to disc"; is there anyway I can save this once it's fully opened?

In any case, I spoke to Dylan1CC about having a Shmups Videos section for this site. La Monde du CD-I, an obscure site dedicated to an even more obscure console, has it's own video section, so I don't see why we couldn't do the same.
Last edited by dave4shmups on Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

fuck dude..the game is 10 bucks..u blow more than than on systems and games u dont give a chance to enjoy

and your comment about teh CD-I comment: Maybe u should posting more over that forum..since it has the features that this forum cant/havent provide..you manage to annoy alot of people..but most of them keep it to themselves..like all mature adults should do..but you consistently push members over the edge

really poor judgement on yor part about the comment of CD-I forum
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

The fact that people get annoyed with me has nothing more to do then the fact that I ask questions, which sites like this should be a safe place for. But people don't act like "Mature Adults" when I ask a simple question; instead they resort to childish sarcasm and verbal jabs. Malcolm himself has pointed out that this forum used to be a lot more friendly then it is now, and I can see why. People on Gamefaqs RARELY get pissed at me for asking a question; that's part of the point of video game forums; to gain beneficial information about your hobby.

Raycrisis is more then $10, more like $30 or $40.

There is nothing wrong with my comment about the CD-I site. I was merely trying to point out that if an obscure site like that can have a video section, then there's no good reason why we can't as well.
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

OK, I stand corrected; thanks for those links!

I'd still like to know if I can save the Raycrisis video if I just clicked on "Open With", rather then "Save to Disc".

Look PPP, I'm not on this forum to piss anyone off; I just want to talk about shmups. And when someone asks a question about a shmup that I know the answer to, I don't sit here like their teacher and tell them to Google for it; if I know the answer myself, I tell them myself. That's all I expect in return. If people on so-called "Lamefaqs" can do that for one another, then surely people on this site can. :?
The n00b

Post by The n00b »

Dave please lock this thread and don't even think about posting another thread before going to http://www.google.com

http://www.google.com learn it, live it, eat it, and recite it every day for a week. Before you even respond to this post go to http://www.google.com

Before you even pray to whatever god you believe in, go to http://www.google.com

Before you even ask me "WUT IS GOGLE? LOL!" Go to http://www.google.com

I'm pretty sure you're not pissing anyone off dude but we've moved on from laughing at you and making fun of you to just shaking our heads in sadness at you. Someone always answers your question and you never read anything other than that. Well here's the rest: WAKE UP DAVE, GO TO HTTP://WWW.GOOGLE.COM
Proud citizen of the American Empire!
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Grow up man, I DO USE GOOGLE, but that doesn't mean that I can't ask questions on here all the time.

And Google is not the end-all; I am VERY skilled at research, I had to be to get my Political Science degree, but Google doesn't always give you what you want. And if it doesn't then I expect poilte answers to my questions, not trolling by people like you who think the internet gives them a license to act like jerks.
The n00b

Post by The n00b »

I see my advice falls on deaf ears again.
UnscathedFlyingObject

Post by UnscathedFlyingObject »

dave4shmups wrote: And when someone asks a question about a shmup that I know the answer to, I don't sit here like their teacher and tell them to Google for it; if I know the answer myself, I tell them myself. That's all I expect in return. If people on so-called "Lamefaqs" can do that for one another, then surely people on this site can. :?
Next time, post this sort of question over at our friends at Gamefaqs and keep us linked to the thread, so we can see all the nice responses!
"Sooo, what was it that you consider a 'good salary' for a man to make?"
"They should at least make 100K to have a good life"
The n00b

Post by The n00b »

UnscathedFlyingObject wrote:
dave4shmups wrote: And when someone asks a question about a shmup that I know the answer to, I don't sit here like their teacher and tell them to Google for it; if I know the answer myself, I tell them myself. That's all I expect in return. If people on so-called "Lamefaqs" can do that for one another, then surely people on this site can. :?
Next time, post this sort of question over at our friends at Gamefaqs and keep us linked to the thread, so we can see all the nice responses!
I remember what happened when some guy like Dave asked "IS DIS A DRIVING GAM?" in the Gran Turisimo 4 forum... The horror....
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

"Next time, post this sort of question over at our friends at Gamefaqs and keep us linked to the thread, so we can see all the nice responses!"

Umm, actually it was just last night when I posted a question on Gamefaqs PS1 forum about which games Sony Cambridge have done. And instead of treating me like an ass, someone actually answered my question! Imagine that! :roll:

"I see my advice falls on deaf ears again." No, what's fallen on deaf ears is the fact that I do use Google, which I've explained to people on this site over and over and over and over again. But GOOGLE does NOT always give you what you're looking for, and it is that fact which seems to have fallen on deaf ears on this site.
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

You didnt try very hard then did you.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q= ... nt&spell=1

Serious, i dont see what the problem is, all this could've been avoided in 5 seconds by searching google.
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
SheSaidDutch

Post by SheSaidDutch »

Ex_Mosquito wrote:You didnt try very hard then did you.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q= ... nt&spell=1

Serious, i dont see what the problem is, all this could've been avoided in 5 seconds by searching google.

I can understand Dave's point in, that you cant find everything in google, but as what Ex_Mosquito posted that you can find easily.
UnscathedFlyingObject

dave4shmups wrote:"Next time, post this sort of question over at our friends at Gamefaqs and keep us linked to the thread, so we can see all the nice responses!"

Umm, actually it was just last night when I posted a question on Gamefaqs PS1 forum about which games Sony Cambridge have done. And instead of treating me like an ass, someone actually answered my question! Imagine that! :roll:
"Which games were made by Sony Cambridge?" is more of a legitimate question. It is specialized information that people may have problem finding. If you want to give an example that doesn't end up feeling far-fetched, ask the following:

"I inserted a VHS in my CD player and it won't play!!! :? :( :cry:"

Or ask your "torrent" question word by word twice.

There's bound to be people who get annoyed.
landshark

Post by landshark »

I have to jump in on this too because I couldn't believe the question was posted in the first place.

Typing either "bittorrent" or "bit torrent" into google yields upwards of 4 clients on the first page alone.

On both searches, the FIRST link is the official home page.

I don't believe you searched google with just those words. Keep the searches simple, don't add extra words. Just keep the keywords in there.

Google usually *IS* the end all for information finding. There is not much you can't find with it. And something as common as bittorrents has thousands of links.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

I gotcha UFO; you're right. It's just other things, like searching for replays, that I have a lot of trouble with. Typing in the name of a shmup and replay or Superplay on Google usually doesn't yield much. And I HAVE asked questions like the one on Sony Cambridge's games on this forum, and STILL gotten flamed. And there is no excuse for that kind of crap.

I should have Googled for Bit Torrent, but as far as other PC questions, please keep in mind that I am not that PC proficient, certainly not as much so as other members on this site, and I don't mean that sarcastically.

Which is why I'd still like to know if I can save this Raycrisis movie once it's been opened; since I clicked on "Open With..." rather then "Save to Disc."
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

You clicked open with for the TRACKER FILE which means it opens up BITTORRENT to start downloading. Once THE FILE is done downloading you open it up like any other file.

Dave, there is a reason people get aggravated with your questions. It's not so much that they're always bad (though this one is atrocious), it's that you're ALWAYS asking them. One right after the other. And most of them can be answered by using Google for five seconds. I mean, seriously, you don't think you clog this forum up? You're the highest post count with nearly 600!

You think that this forum's bad because of how we've grown frustrated with your constant questions, but really this is one of the best on the web -- though I know I'm not the only one that thinks it's really gone down the shithole. Go ahead and frequent another forum for a while, and I think you'll really learn to appreciate this one.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

"Once THE FILE is done downloading you open it up like any other file."

I won't be here when it's done, I understand how to open it, I just want to make sure it'll be saved to my PC once it's done downloading before I decide to open it. My experience with just clicking "Open With" is that files automatically open when they're done-and as I said, I won't be here once this is done.

I don't feel like I clog up this forum; this question was unwarrented, but calling it "atrocious" is going waaay overboard. Serioulsy, do you and others not have any bigger problems in your lives then me asking a question like this?

And I do ask about games a lot, even though there are other websites where people review games, because I want to gauge the opinion of others on THIS site because people on this site are into a genre of games that I am also into. I hardly think that's unreasonable, or that it constitutes "clogging". I contribute plenty; I just posted about a very shmuppish looking GBA game today, and people ignore the post-just like they did when I posted the Thrust replay vid. So you tell me WHO'S being unreasonable here? :?
Neon

Post by Neon »

you don't think you clog this forum up? You're the highest post count with nearly 600!
Eh, hopefully I am not doing that...my post count is pretty high though it doesn't feel like I post that often. I've gotten in a couple pointless debates I'll admit, but I'm an immature guy, still young yet. I'm a lot better than when I first came here I think.

As for the forum going down the shithole, I would agree somewhat. There is too much in the way of silliness, fanboyism and such, and of course useless threads, 'whats your favorite' etc.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

My 2c:

People are also annoyed by the fact that you post so little that actually has anything to do with shmups. Just a quick glance at the off-topic section reveals questions relating to Barbarian, Dark Castle 3, comparing Jak and Ratchet, WinRAR and I'm pretty sure there's a Myst thread somewhere. For every single shmup-related post you make 30 off-topic ones. And most of the on-topic ones come right after somebody gives you a hard time.

Yes, I know that's in the off-topic section. No need to point that out. But the forum and site is about shmups first, other video games second. That's my view anyway, so don't take it as the official word. All your questions are valid (more or less, anyway...), but better suited for other forums.

On the plus side, I don't think I've ever seen you starting a "what is your favourite..." -thread. Kudos for that, at least.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Valid points Ghegs, but I still need to know whether or not this Raycrisis Bit Torrent File, which is about halfway done, will be saved on my PC until I decide to open it.
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

dave4shmups wrote:Valid points Ghegs, but I still need to know whether or not this Raycrisis Bit Torrent File, which is about halfway done, will be saved on my PC until I decide to open it.

YES YES
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

You clicked "Open With" which automatically downloaded the .torrent file and ran it with BitTorrent. It should have immediately asked you where you wanted to save the file, and your half downloaded file should be sitting there right now. Once the download completes the file will remain there until you do something with it.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Ok, thanks guys! :D And Ghegs, I will continue to make posts about shmups, but, no doubt, people will continue largely to ignore them.

Honestly, when I first got on this site people bitched at me for posting off-topics in the main forum, and now they're complaining about me making posts in the off-topic forum.

That is what you all fail to see from my point of view, that no matter WHAT I do on this forum, people will continue to bitch at me. :?
UnscathedFlyingObject

^ We're a bunch of cold hearted bastards.

Or maybe offering some harsh, ugly, constructive criticism.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

I never said that :roll: But your advice is hardly constructive: you all REFUSE to believe that I use Google or any other search engine (how the hell do you all think I found this site?!), you ask me to talk about shmups, but when I do, you ignore any threads I start on the topic, and you gripe at me for talking about off-topic stuff on the off-topic section, when doing so is within forum rules.

So you tell me what is constructive about your advice?? I made a SIMPLE MISTAKE this time by not Googling for Bit Torrent, it is the first such mistake that I have made in quite sometime, and everyone's all over me. And if you're going to point out a mistake a made, you should be emotionally mature enough to do it without any ugliness, and without blowing it completely out of proportion by describing my question as "atrocious". Honestly, get a frickin' punching bag and take out your latent anger on that!

It is this constant unfriendly attitude and the trading of insults that has become commonplace on this forum which is sending this forum to hell on a sled, not any "What's your favorite__game?" posts.'
Last edited by dave4shmups on Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The n00b

Post by The n00b »

You're a real martyr Dave. Let me just find your cross.