Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 for PS3 @ NCSX on 2-7-07...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
PC Engine Fan X!

Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 for PS3 @ NCSX on 2-7-07...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Here's Hori's latest RAP controller for use with the PS3 & PC platforms (i.e.: DosMame, Mame32, Raine, etc.) -- it'll set you back at $105.00 USD through the National Console Support Inc. website...

http://www.ncsx.com/2007/020507/hori_rap3.htm

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/HP3-07.html

and here's a sample listing of Hori RAPs offered in the past courtesy of NCSX:

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/se ... Submit.y=8

Should be one of the finest arcade joystick setups whenever the first announcement is made from a shmup developer for a true arcade shmup title for the PS3 console platform..... ^_~

Have you wagged your favorite joystick today? ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

If you already have a RAP, keep in mind that you can use it on the PS3 with an adaptor. Just thought I'd point that out before people plunk down more money than they need to.
rolins

Post by rolins »

Why is this HRAP so much cheaper than the previous one? I remember the older models costs around $120 + S&H when they first appeared.
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Markup. The retail prices for both are the exact same (7980 yen). Now, NCSX has competition from VGONetwork (which is selling the HRAP3 for ~$107 shipped, where I'm buying from, although shipping will assuredly be somewhat slower for east coast folks).

A plug-in has also been released on the net for XP that can translate the PS3 output to PC commands, although supposedly, you'll need to fiddle a bit with holding down the PS button. That would make this the best stock controller you can use on your PC for MAME, etc.
Shocky

Post by Shocky »

Damocles wrote:If you already have a RAP, keep in mind that you can use it on the PS3 with an adaptor. Just thought I'd point that out before people plunk down more money than they need to.
Yeah.

I wouldn't buy RAP 3 if I

a) have a PS2
b) ever plan to buy a PS2
c) want to maybe sometimes go to a friend's place who's got a PS2 and use the RAP there.

Or does someone sell USB to PS2 converters too?

I just got a Hori RAP and it's amazing how much better it is to play shmups with a proper stick, now I may actually have some chances at the next shmups board shooting contest! I highly recommend everyone to get one or two, it's big and heavy enough to even allow playing on the lap. Too bad the cable is somewhat shorter than a regular DualShock cable, how many moons does one have to wait for a PERFECT controller?
Before Pope John Paul died he decreed that Aliens were also GOD's creatures and we should treat them with respect.