GD: Ranking in Gradiuses (esp. Gradius V)...

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Carmen

GD: Ranking in Gradiuses (esp. Gradius V)...

Post by Carmen »

So the more powered up you are the stronger your obstacles are, thats noticible enough. But has anybody analysed how this works specifically? Is it by number of powerups weighed equally, number of certain powerups (would Speed ups even count) weighed equally, number of certain powerups but they're weighed differently? Is it totally variable or are there levels, say, if you have 3-5 powerups you'll face enemies at 'x' difficulty as opposed to 0-2? And since this is about Grad. V (though I'm actually curious about all of them, but I'm sure they have different measures... or maybe not!?), how does onscreen but uncaptured Multiples effect that? Obviously this probably won't change anybody's playing style drastically but it would be awesome if someone could work out the Ranking system!

I guess this'll be open to theories and speculation unless someone has some definitive answers!
landshark

Post by landshark »

I always thought it was by number of options.
SiKrAiKeN: While I don't think everyone here -is- a Ninja Turtle, I DO believe everyone here has the potential to be a Ninja Turtle. No doubt.
Balzac

Post by Balzac »

All I know is that missiles increase rank quite a bit in Gradius V. So much in fact, that I just never bothered picking them up if I was playing Type II.
Good luck or cry.