PC-Engine Help with Nexzr Carnival '93

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Jeffrey

PC-Engine Help with Nexzr Carnival '93

Post by Jeffrey »

I just got a PC-E Duo and some games. Its a great system. All my games run fine, except for Nexzr '93. I get a Japanese-text error message, the only words in english are "Warning", and "RAM". I am making an assumption that it needs extra memory to run, like Sapphire. Do I need an Arcade Card to run this? A memory card? Or do I have some other problem? The Duo runs fine on SSS, Winds of Thunder, Spriggan, Tatsujin, etc.
Ghegs

Re: PC-Engine Help with Nexzr Carnival '93

Post by Ghegs »

Jeffrey wrote:I just got a PC-E Duo and some games. Its a great system. All my games run fine, except for Nexzr '93. I get a Japanese-text error message, the only words in english are "Warning", and "RAM". I am making an assumption that it needs extra memory to run, like Sapphire. Do I need an Arcade Card to run this? A memory card? Or do I have some other problem? The Duo runs fine on SSS, Winds of Thunder, Spriggan, Tatsujin, etc.
Nope, Nexzr doesn't require Arcade Card. The only thing I can think of is that your Duo's internal memory (where all the saved game data is held) is filled up.

When booting up your Duo you get that "Press Run to start" message when you don't have a hu-card in. Press Select instead. The first option out of the three lists what's stored in there. I'm guessing you can delete them from there as well. One of the three initial options probably formats the memory, giving you a clean slate.

Also, thread moved to Hardware.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos