Found an incredibly cheap arcade cabinet for sale...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
tkrsniper

Found an incredibly cheap arcade cabinet for sale...

Post by tkrsniper »

From what has been suggested to me in the regular forum, I should really be trying console shmups first.

But this guy only wants $100 for a working, good shape Centipede cab. I've tried it already and it works fine.

So, I was kind of thrown into this. If I buy something like the ESPGaluda PCB, will I be able to connect it to this? Sorry, I'm incredibly new to the whole arcade thing.
Pirate1019

Post by Pirate1019 »

I'm certainly no expert, but you could as long as there are enough buttons on the cab and the stick goes 8 directions. Well, and both PCB's are the JAMMA type.

Anyone care to check me on this?

Personally, I would buy it simply because it's a whole cab for $100.
"You are the Hero of Tomorrow!"
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

You better double check, because it could very well be a dedicated cab. Im no expert, but the ones i have seen for sale on line and Ebay are dedicated. So i assume there is no JAMMA harness
Iron Maiden: "It was dead, but alive at the same time."
Dave_K.

Re: Found an incredibly cheap arcade cabinet for sale...

Post by Dave_K. »

tkrsniper wrote: But this guy only wants $100 for a working, good shape Centipede cab. I've tried it already and it works fine.

So, I was kind of thrown into this. If I buy something like the ESPGaluda PCB, will I be able to connect it to this? Sorry, I'm incredibly new to the whole arcade thing.
Centipede is not Jamma, and it only has 1 button and a tackball. So its pretty much dedicated, you can't put anything else in it. KLOV has a bunch of pictures of it at http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?let ... me_id=7299
GoPodular.com

Post by GoPodular.com »

Where at? I'm in Mpls and would be interested in a Centipede for $100. We could maybe work something out as a trade.

If you're not around here, talk to the guys on BYOAC. You should be able to trade it for a more suitable cabinet.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/[/url]
Yes, our controllers work with the Xbox360.