Is my XBOX dying??...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
dave4shmups

Is my XBOX dying??...

Post by dave4shmups »

When I leave it on, the menu screen starts to fade, and I had Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil freeze on me at one point. I restarted it and it was able to continue in the game, but I don't know if that's just a bug with the game, or a problem with my XBOX.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Vokatse wrote:Is your xbox modded?

I had games freeze before...and I'm pretty sure Doom: RoE froze on me once during play. My xbox is modded with an 80 GB HDD, and its a v1.0, making it old, so I'm thinking it might die sometime soon.

The menu screen is supposed to fade, so there is no burn in on Plasmas. RoE was probably just a random game bug. Anyways, if starts to happen frequently, then you may have to get worried
Nope, I never had it modded. And I am wondering if it that's just a glitch with RoE; there were glitches with early releases of XBOX Serious Sam. Although throughout RoE, I did experience some skipping, which didn't hamper gameplay in anyway, but the disc is mint with no scratches.
Farewell to hollow words
theevilfunkster

Post by theevilfunkster »

Doom ROE is the only game that's prone to freezing on my Xbox, it's a very buggy game.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

theevilfunkster wrote:Doom ROE is the only game that's prone to freezing on my Xbox, it's a very buggy game.
Ahh, Ok, it's the game then. Good news that it's not the XBOX!
Farewell to hollow words