Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Ayanami wrote:Oh crap, Crow has a shmups account now.
Don't act all innocent. You know it's your fault... well and APB's =P
Ayanami wrote:I should hold a meet at my house some time. I can get many screens down there in the basement. Shmuppy Shmup Shmups.
Put the mini cab down there :mrgreen:
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Oh craps Joe as well.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

People need to stop posting as I am typing.

As for the mini cab. That would take a lot of work.

Double post FFFFFFTTTTTTWWWWWW!!!!
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Stop complaining, this is the most action this thread has seen in a long time.

As for the mini cab.... I suppose.... but it's so cute lol
DT

Post by DT »

blake I need that monitor

I want to play disgaea in 1080p
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

What? This thread is one of the most long lasting and still active threads on the shmup meet forum. We just have our dry spots here and there.

Any who, yes the faux cab is addorable in a way. But also extremely effective. Dare I say super effective.

Oh by the way, if I buy a Batrider board, could you get a cabinet at AFC to put it in? I would donate the board if you could. Well maybe not donate but let you guys have it for a prolonged period of time.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

God damn it! Again!

No Joe, you can not have my monitor. Besides, Disgaea has PS2 graphics.

EDIT - Are you okay? DOUBLE POST!!!
Crow_Winters

Post by Crow_Winters »

What is APB?

Edit: ARMED POLICE BATEYEBROW
Eyebrows.
Crow_Winters

Post by Crow_Winters »

Blake, check your PMs.

Or something.

Jazz's is this weekend right? I'mma be thar.
Eyebrows.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Ayanami wrote:Oh by the way, if I buy a Batrider board, could you get a cabinet at AFC to put it in? I would donate the board if you could. Well maybe not donate but let you guys have it for a prolonged period of time.
I'd figure out a way to make this happen. Also thought about snagging one of their Neo Geo machines and buying carts for it, but I don't have the money for that yet. lol. My only concern is that we'd have to work something out so you can play for free or something. It's in their facility, BUT it IS your game, and I don't want you to pay to play your own game, lol. I'll ask about it though. See what they say and try to work something out. I'll just ask what they would do for that possible scenario.

Thinking about it, I'd buy some boards if we did that. Swap them out every so often or something? Seen some go for quite cheap through some of our contacts. I'll keep an eye out for Batrider too. I can ask around if you'd like.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

:shock:

WOW, this thread has blown up!
I haven't played any shooters in a while… been playing SMS and a little NES.

Saturday is good if folks want to come by.

For Ayanami,
We need to get another large scale gathering going soon! - I'll even bring my monitor and TV for additional displays! LETS DO IT!

For Mrtie,
I should be able to make it there that weekend of July 11. I regret I have not been able to come by sooner as gas prices have climbed and I'm still out of work (not for long likely though) I'll update first post with the information too :D
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:Saturday is good if folks want to come by.
I might be free Saturday, not sure yet. What time would be good? I always seem to be way early. If I come I'll bring that Agetec stick for you.
Sonic R wrote:I should be able to make it there that weekend of July 11. I regret I have not been able to come by sooner as gas prices have climbed and I'm still out of work (not for long likely though)
I could probably give a few people rides. Although I'm part of the Corolla gang so space is limited.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Davey wrote:
Sonic R wrote:Saturday is good if folks want to come by.
I might be free Saturday, not sure yet. What time would be good? I always seem to be way early. If I come I'll bring that Agetec stick for you.
I'm not sure what time is good for everyone? 7 o'clock?
I'll have the game here for you :wink:

nevertheless, I'll see everyone Saturday!
Crow_Winters

Post by Crow_Winters »

So I had no idea there were multiple AFC's. How different are the Warren/Troy locations?

I only ask because the Warren one is closer to me, but I already have a suspicion that the Troy one is going to be superior.
Eyebrows.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Crow_Winters wrote:So I had no idea there were multiple AFC's. How different are the Warren/Troy locations?

I only ask because the Warren one is closer to me, but I already have a suspicion that the Troy one is going to be superior.
LOL. Yeah... the Warren location is... more redemption games and they don't really have any of the new stuff. It's too close for them to have all the same games, because then you're dividing the community too much. The customers are a lot different out there, and I wouldn't dare put a new game like SF4 over there. Quite a few machines have gotten beaten up pretty badly.

There is still construction going on where Universal Mall was, so once everything is up and running we'll see what we can do with the place.

EDIT - Just got my JP 360 in the mail today! Now all I need to do is buy some games. lol.
Crow_Winters

Post by Crow_Winters »

I can now do CAWMBOWS in T6. Also, on day 2 of me playing the game, I got a 27 win streak in BR.

This can only mean one thing: Michigan is really bad at Tekken. lol. Almost as bad as I am at Batrider. :(

I think I'm starting to understand the mechanics of the game (and the appeal to casual players- holy crap are combos easy) but some things still elude me, like how moves function vs. step. And step in general, really. Joe?

Now, it's time to go to VIOLENT CITY.

Blake-

I remember a thing you told me about that let's me see how much everything is worth point wise in Batrider. What would that be, senor? I'd like to see it/play with it.
Eyebrows.
DT

Post by DT »

Crow_Winters wrote:I can now do CAWMBOWS in T6. Also, on day 2 of me playing the game, I got a 27 win streak in BR.

This can only mean one thing: Michigan is really bad at Tekken. lol. Almost as bad as I am at Batrider. :(

I think I'm starting to understand the mechanics of the game (and the appeal to casual players- holy crap are combos easy) but some things still elude me, like how moves function vs. step. And step in general, really. Joe?
lol streaks

basically certain moves track one way, not at all, or both ways (homing moves, which generally when they're done, will have like a white trail on them...I think one of king's is f+4? lol no idea). But this is a shmups board! lol

Katie's JP 360 is awesome :D Granted all she has is hexic atm, still awesome lol

Looking forward to shmuppping tonight :P
Crow_Winters

Post by Crow_Winters »

DT wrote: But this is a shmups board! lol
That's why I snuck in ALMOST a sentence of Batride. /Almost/.

Also, POSTING FROM JAZZ HOUSE OMG
Eyebrows.
Crow_Winters

Post by Crow_Winters »

BTW Blake, right after you left the room I got the mahou characters to work on Type 1. :lol:
Eyebrows.
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

Ayanami wrote:People need to stop posting as I am typing.

As for the mini cab. That would take a lot of work.

Double post FFFFFFTTTTTTWWWWWW!!!!
You were clearly intoxicated at the time of this posting. At least I hope.

Also, we still didn't play Panel de Pon.

Also, don't put Batrider all the fucking way out in Troy - I throw enough of my hard-earned income at the petroleum empire as it is.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Hey Katie!

I need parts… preferably a seimitsu stick and 6 sanwa buttons. I am going to modify the DC agetec stick - actually I need to since the stock stick has too much rebound and I was getting owned in Mars Matrix… It doesn't cause issue in Zero Gunner 2 - I guess tap movements are not necessary in that game lol…

AND…

I am going to be selling my PVM 2030 monitor as I am in the process of getting a PVM 2530 monitor! 25 inch display FTW!
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Not a problem. What colors were you looking for? I ordered a ton of extra white buttons, so if you just want a quick fix for those they should be in some time in the next week. I don't have any spare seimitsu sticks though. I just placed an order, so depending on how it goes I'm not sure when I'll be placing another one. I've dealt with a few places for Alpha that sells them, so I'm going to see if they can work with me on shipping costs and/or pricing. I'll be sure to let you know what I find out =)
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

So who all plans on coming up to my place on Saturday July 11th? The dates getting a bit closer now, and just wondering what sorta yhead count I'm looking at or if it's just gonna be Jazz, Davey, and myself :shock: If you guys want more specific location /directions PM me, My house is about 60 miles north of the palace of auburn hills, up M-24, So it is a hike but it's not really unbearable.

I'd love to have you come out Zero Otaku and Ayanami.
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

*looks for a pencil*
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

kccttzj wrote:I've dealt with a few places for Alpha that sells them=)
so do You work for Alpha Amusements?

I'm a service tech up at their Frankenmuth arcades.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

mrtie wrote:
kccttzj wrote:I've dealt with a few places for Alpha that sells them=)
so do You work for Alpha Amusements?

I'm a service tech up at their Frankenmuth arcades.
haha, no way. That's crazy.

Yeah, I manage the American Fun Centers owned by Alpha. Do some other stuff from time to time as well when they need extra help. How long have you worked up there?
Ayanami

Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio -- shooting the breeze thread…

Post by Ayanami »

I may be able to swing up for the meeting on the 11th. Work is a bitch, and there is also a fighting game tourney that I said I was going to go to. So I am very much undecided right now.

Teh Blaz Bleu is fun.
Sonic R

Re:

Post by Sonic R »

kccttzj wrote:Not a problem. What colors were you looking for? I ordered a ton of extra white buttons, so if you just want a quick fix for those they should be in some time in the next week. I don't have any spare seimitsu sticks though. I just placed an order, so depending on how it goes I'm not sure when I'll be placing another one. I've dealt with a few places for Alpha that sells them, so I'm going to see if they can work with me on shipping costs and/or pricing. I'll be sure to let you know what I find out =)
I'll have at anything right now button wise, but would like like the seimitsu stick. Not to much hurry right now but let me know if it is possible to work something out :D

for mrtie,
I'll be there for sure along with the wife, I may also bring my friend jr along if thats ok.
kccttzj

Re: Re:

Post by kccttzj »

Sonic R wrote:I'll have at anything right now button wise, but would like like the seimitsu stick. Not to much hurry right now but let me know if it is possible to work something out :D
I have the buttons right now (white sanwa buttons) so I can get those to you whenever =P
Ayanami wrote:I may be able to swing up for the meeting on the 11th. Work is a bitch, and there is also a fighting game tourney that I said I was going to go to. So I am very much undecided right now.
Well, tournament has been moved to the 12th. Sooooo no excuse now =P
Last edited by kccttzj on Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DT

Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio -- shooting the breeze thread…

Post by DT »

Someone else here needs to play Disgaea 3 so I can have more people to talk about it and not sound like an idiot.

Yesss.