Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

I was originally visiting the Detroit area for this years mega arcade gathering later this summer, but it looks like I won't be able to make it :(.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

That sucks man. It was great meeting all you guys last time you were in town.

How is your RFJ play coming along?
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

Shamefully, I sold it recently. I did manage to hit 45 mil :).

I bought DDP: DFK, so it was sacrificed to ease the financial damage.
`Throwdown

Cleveland shooters?

Post by `Throwdown »

Me and KaiserDurdenEX are both long time shmup players, looking for others in the Cleveland Ohio area. Point/High score battles, and lots of beer. PM meh!

We collectivly have every PS2 shmup, every release so far on the 360. If your from the area and wanna jump in on some gaming - hit me up.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

mrtie wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTIFrDfD ... annel_page

Quick little HD video of pink sweets , well of me sucking at PS, but there so little good footage of the game I thought you guys might like this.
Soooo… whats your schedule? I kind of have more free time on my hands right now due to my job… If the wife lets me, I wouldn't mind coming up north :D
`Throwdown wrote:Me and KaiserDurdenEX are both long time shmup players, looking for others in the Cleveland Ohio area. Point/High score battles, and lots of beer. PM meh!

We collectivly have every PS2 shmup, every release so far on the 360. If your from the area and wanna jump in on some gaming - hit me up.
Welcome to the Great Lakes community :D

I know Davey was from Cleveland area…

I haven't been in the area since a group of us went to Gund Arena to catch a game…
robivy64 wrote:I was originally visiting the Detroit area for this years mega arcade gathering later this summer, but it looks like I won't be able to make it :(.
Sorry to hear Rob :cry:
My wife and I enjoyed last years gathering. Times are rough here and beyond…
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:I know Davey was from Cleveland area…
Yeah, North Royalton to be exact. I drive back there a few times a year for family functions. What part of Cleveland are you from, Throwdown?
`Throwdown

Post by `Throwdown »

Davey wrote:
Sonic R wrote:I know Davey was from Cleveland area…
Yeah, North Royalton to be exact. I drive back there a few times a year for family functions. What part of Cleveland are you from, Throwdown?
Garfield Heights actually. Me and my friend seem like we are the only shmup gamers around the Cleveland area. Oh and another dude named Jeff whos XBLA name is "ShootTheCore". Love to have a shmup get together.
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Sonic I'm free Tuesdays Saturdays and Sunday after four. Pm me if you wanna swing up.
infamas

Post by infamas »

Hello, everyone

I'm Ryan. I live in NJ right now, but am going to grad school for math at OSU, so I'll be in the Columbus area. Definitely very new to shmups and still a long way from my first 1cc (Mars Matrix for DC if you are interested).

Anyone near Columbus that wants to meet up, just PM me.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

I'm guessing the next meet up is.... 2 weeks from saturday.... so 6/20/09?

Sorry I couldn't make it this past week. I was all excited and ready to go, then I found out about the game auction for work and had to pull some last minute stuff so we could go out there. They had an ESPGaluda in an Astro City that I wanted to get, but it went for too much money. lol. We did get the Guitar Freaks and Drummania V5 and 2 sets of Street Fighter IV cabinets for anyone that's interested. =P

Anyways.... I'll be at the next meet up for sure. Been far too long since I've gotten to go :x
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

Is that a new Drummania cab? And is it already up and running? If so, I will definitely have to make it up there sometime in the very near future.

That really, really fucking sucks about Galuda; how much did it end up going for?
Davey

Post by Davey »

I guess I haven't come up in like a month or two. Are y'all getting together on 6/20? If so I might be up for that.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

zero.otaku wrote:Is that a new Drummania cab? And is it already up and running? If so, I will definitely have to make it up there sometime in the very near future.

That really, really fucking sucks about Galuda; how much did it end up going for?
It's a converted cab, but in awesome condition, not anything like the machines we had before. They did the upgrades perfectly with graphics and all. It'll be there Friday (sometime before 5 I'm guessing).

Galuda went for over $1,300. There was a guy that used to go to this place that closed down and he was very set on buying it. I think he said he would have gone up to $2,000? lol. Too much for me. lol
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Shmup Meet @ Mr.Tie's Place
When:Saturday July 11th.
What time:Noon till late.
Why: Because it's gonna be fun, Egret II ,Woodie Cab, . J-360, J-Saturn, and various other systems.
PCB:
Pinksweets
Ibara
Raiden Fighters jet
Aerofighters
Striker 1945 II
Boogie Wings

SFII:NG

Various NG stuff:
KOF
FF
Garou
MS
MDII
SS
LB

Get down on some Shmups, Fighters, VO:OT, or Puzzle action.
Who: Anyone willing to treck their ass this far up M-24, that enjoy good games, and won't burn down my house to kill me :D .

So this is my toss out to the MI gamers and system11 at large, I'll get more info out as time get closers feel free to PM me. This would be a good opportunity to have the Detroit crew come up, play some pink sweets and generally give back some of the hospitality they have given me. But other MI gamers or even Midwest guys you are welcome if you want to make the drive. I figure this gives people enough time ahead if they want to come up. Then I can hopefully get the conversion done for you Davey.
boagman

Post by boagman »

Gotta ask the question, Mr. Tie: north of Flint, I take it? If so, how far?
mrtie

Post by mrtie »

Caro MI Nearish Saginaw
`Throwdown

Post by `Throwdown »

I posted earlier In in the Cleveland area looking for "shmupers" but Ive been raised in Flint for 19 years. <3 Michigan. Ill be up there this weekend.
Davey

Post by Davey »

mrtie wrote:Get down on some Shmups, Fighters, VO:OT, or Puzzle action.
Yes, no, ZOMGVOOT, and yes, respectively. Totally in.
mrtie wrote:MDII
I've only really played MDIII but they're pretty similar, right? I love that game. Hopefully Ayanami will grant me a rematch from that time he destroyed me on the Saturn version long ago.
mrtie wrote:Then I can hopefully get the conversion done for you Davey.
Excellent. 8) Worst case scenario, I can at least leave them with you and pick them up some other time.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

`Throwdown wrote:I posted earlier In in the Cleveland area looking for "shmupers" but Ive been raised in Flint for 19 years. <3 Michigan. Ill be up there this weekend.
This weekend as in now, or next weekend? Don't think anything is going on this weekend (today and tomorrow), but you're more than welcome to stop by AFC and play some Zero Gunner. =)
`Throwdown

Post by `Throwdown »

kccttzj wrote:
`Throwdown wrote:I posted earlier In in the Cleveland area looking for "shmupers" but Ive been raised in Flint for 19 years. <3 Michigan. Ill be up there this weekend.
This weekend as in now, or next weekend? Don't think anything is going on this weekend (today and tomorrow), but you're more than welcome to stop by AFC and play some Zero Gunner. =)
Leavin in a few hours to visit the family. Where is this AMC at? Flint?
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

It's AFC. The American Fun Center and we're located in Oakland Mall in Troy. So that's a good hour drive from Flint if you take 75, lol. I hardly doubt it's worth the drive, just all I could offer in terms of shmups. =P
Crow_Winters

Post by Crow_Winters »

Herro Michigan.
Eyebrows.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Any new light gun games at AFC? Razing storm, let's go Jungle,VC3,GhostSquad? Last time I checked I think you guys just had HOTD4 and TC4.
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Dale wrote:Any new light gun games at AFC? Razing storm, let's go Jungle,VC3,GhostSquad? Last time I checked I think you guys just had HOTD4 and TC4.
Lol, been a while since you've been there then =P

We've had let's Go Jungle for quite a while now, a pretty good game. We've also had Ghost Squad for a while. The action buttons were broken off a while back, and we do have functioning replacements, but they kind of suck. We're going to see what we can do about getting new guns, but they're ridiculously expensive. We had Virtua Cop 3 for a short while, but it didn't do very well at all, so they rotated it out. We no longer have any TC games... sad, I know. Hopefully, we'll be able to get TCIII back sometime soon though.

We don't have Razing Storm, and I'm actually not sure if they're going to consider buying it. It is a decent game though.

If you are looking to play any of those in particular, like VC3, I can find out what location it's at and let you know.
Crow_Winters wrote:Herro Michigan.
Your laptop tate method works great. Can't believe I didn't think of that before. :mrgreen:
Dale

Post by Dale »

Why does D&B's or a Gameworks around here have it?
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Dale wrote:Why does D&B's or a Gameworks around here have it?
Virtua Cop? I have no idea. You'd think Gameworks (being owned by Sega) would have it. D&B's I can't say for sure. Their locations all seem to have the same games and not really have anything too out of the ordinary. I remember looking at their site a while back and it had a list of games they have, so I imagine it's pretty much the same for every location and they stick to Fast & Furious, Golden Tee, DDR, etc.
Dale

Post by Dale »

Don't worry I know how awesome VC2 and 3 are. I just wanted to know where you played Razing Storm at?

Their should be a law against an Arcade not having a TC game. The government would offer grants so that any establishment with more then two cabs can get TC2.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Lol. Played Razing Storm at the IAAPA show in Florida. Unfortunately, we are TCless because so many people want it, and they had to pull ours. They're trying to get more though. Government grants for such things would be quite nice.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Oh crap, Crow has a shmups account now.

Welcome to the Michigan thread, it is several pages long.

Davey, yeah I will let you destroy me in MD3 next time you are around. I can bring my Saturn copy or we can play on mame if you want.

I should hold a meet at my house some time. I can get many screens down there in the basement. Shmuppy Shmup Shmups.
Last edited by Ayanami on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
DT

Post by DT »

Crow_Winters wrote:Herro Michigan.