15khz on 31khz monitors.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
neorichieb1971

15khz on 31khz monitors.

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I'm in the UK now and I was thinking of picking up a Hantarex monitor for my supergun needs. Mainly because it has adjustment pots for H/V/Stretch/sync etc etc.

Some of them have SCART inputs as well as SVGA input. The monitors are multisync obviously. So how does the 15khz output measure up to a dedicated 15khz display?

I am assuming its worse off, but i'm also assuming something like the Egret3's which use a similar internal circuit do an adequate job as I see many Cave games on them in arcade Tokyo pics.

On a slightly different note, if I got an arcade monitor, how hard is it to plug into electrical mains? Just a dedicated plug in cable?
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
sven666

Re: 15khz on 31khz monitors.

Post by sven666 »

neorichieb1971 wrote: I am assuming its worse off, but i'm also assuming something like the Egret3's which use a similar internal circuit do an adequate job as I see many Cave games on them in arcade Tokyo pics.
naah you wont see any, theyre all in egret 2s. (plenty of egret 3s around displaying other games tho).

for lo-res games, try to avoid a high-res monitor.
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
MKL

Re: 15khz on 31khz monitors.

Post by MKL »

neorichieb1971 wrote:I'm in the UK now and I was thinking of picking up a Hantarex monitor for my supergun needs. Mainly because it has adjustment pots for H/V/Stretch/sync etc etc.

Some of them have SCART inputs as well as SVGA input. The monitors are multisync obviously.
To the best of my knowledge the only Hantarex CRT that does 15-31khz is the Polostar which is an arcade monitor with no casing and no scart inlet. The encased video/data monitors you seem to be talking about are either 15khz or 31khz.
Franz the Stampede

Post by Franz the Stampede »

I have a Barco monitor from 1994, 28 inches, double frequency, 5 inputs: scart RGB, s-video, VGA, TTL and a 5 BNC connectors RGB HV.

I can regulate the phase and the amplitude of the displayed image both vertically and horizontally

It's the best thing I've ever seen to play anything that doesn't need more than 480p (I think... the max resolution seems to be 640×480). Too bad it's SO discontinued...

:evil: