X-Arcade stick

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Belmont

X-Arcade stick

Post by Belmont »

So i have been working on my own arcade cabinet for the last few months and i finially have it sitting in my living room. I need to get a good stick settup for both players but my electrical skillz arnt up to snuff...so i was just gonna buy http://www.x-arcade.com/tankstick-arcade-game.shtml :) a plug and play stick that functions as my mouse also would be perfect for what i need. However if the stick is crap for shmups with a big throw or something (or just crap) then i need to do something else...preferably something easy to hookup to a PC. Any help on the matter would be greatly apreciated. When my tax return comes i plan to finish the beast.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

The sticks are crap, the buttons are meh.

Basically, the sticks are Happ Super knockoffs. You can tweak the sticks so that they engage the microswitches with the slightest touch, but you'll still have to contend with the huge friggin throw. They feel like ass, but are easily swapped out. Buttons are also Happ knockoffs that are a bit lighter than normal.

Personally, I'm against the idea of buying a pre-built CP for an arcade cab. Methinks they look like ass. However, the tankstick does come with a trackball, so if that's important for you... Anyway, even if you decide to change things later, you can always remove the encoder and any hardware and move them into a dedicated CP.
Belmont

Post by Belmont »

:( that makes me a sad panda. I was hoping i could just use a prebuild one so that i wouldnt have to soulder a bunch of wires together. Are there any prebuild sticks that are good? Or a stick that is somehow plug and play?