Best Gamepad for Shumping ..

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Reluctant Hero

Post by Reluctant Hero »

bloodflowers wrote:What everyone else said - Saturn pad easily. You can get PS2 versions of them too.
Yes, but where? I'm trying to get one a reasonable price ($50 USD). I don't want to get bent over on the price.
rolins

Post by rolins »

Vokatse wrote:I think that round SS controller is ugly...
...like the Flying Pancake.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

any thoughts about keyboards vs joysticks ?
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

I've been using the standard PS2 controller d-pad for my PS2 shmupping and well, I tolerate it. However, I don't even know what the Saturn pad feels like. Something to take into consideration is how your thumb functions with the D-pad. For example, I use the ball (the joint) of my thumb to generally press all the d-pad buttons I need to. I've always done it this way, since I've been playing fighters, I'm not sure if that is common with everyone here recommending the Saturn pad.

How much worse is a PS2 pad to a saturn pad, anyhow?

Because I can look for some Saturn pads, which will be cheaper than going all out and investing on an HRAP... which I am thinking of doing once they're in stock again at Play Asia.

I think the PS2 pad is accurate enough for shmupping, the DC pad kinda scares me, and the GameCube pad just gives me nightmares compared to the PS2 pad.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro