Naomi Question

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Brian

Naomi Question

Post by Brian »

I have a Sega Naomi setup fully working. My question is, will the Sega Naomi work on a Sega Aero City cabinet? I ask because I know the Naomi needs a certain of monitor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
D

Post by D »

I think you need a "I/O Jamma Converter" . But with that adapter it will work.
Look on www.sega-naomi.com in the hardware section.
But the Naomi system is made for hi res monitors, so you might also want to look into swapping your monitor as well. It'll look much better.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

(This should probably be in the Hardware section.)

Just like the DC, you can toggle the Naomi to output 15khz or 31khz. And as D said, if you have the I/O adapter (which basically converts the JVS usb connector to Jamma fingerboard) you can play it on an Astro City. Last thing is supplying the 3.3V, which is usually done with the dedicated Sun PSU that comes with most Naomi setups.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Dave_K. wrote:(This should probably be in the Hardware section.)
(Moved.)
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Brian

Post by Brian »

Sorry about the wrong forum.

I have all the necessary components and have no problem getting the Naomi to run a super gun. My only confusion is whether I can get it up on the Aero City. I guess, based on your answers here, I can. Thanks.