7th Bay Area shmupmeet (is over)

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Dave_K.

7th Bay Area shmupmeet (is over)

Post by Dave_K. »

Ok, this shmupmeet is officially on! Directions will be PM'd the night before the meet.

Date/Time:
-------------
Saturday Jan 27th, starting 10am ending 5pm.

House Rules:
---------------
Same deal as before, everyone pays $5 at the door for food/drink which I will supply.

No shoes in the house or garage. Upstairs is off-limits. Use the bathroom next to the garage entrance.

We value score here, not how cool you look hogging a machine credit feeding to that last boss. For this reason, machines are purposly NOT setup for freeplay. Respect the credit, and don't take home my quarters.

Please do not open the machines, even if you have your own cabs back home, don't touch my PCBs. If you brought you're own PCBs, I'll install them into the machines. I'll make one general swap out of games after lunch to accomodate the groups taste.

Confirm w/me if you are bringing any guests. This is not an open invitation for your friends to play video games for free. This is primarily for shmups.com members.

About 12 people so far:
---------------------------
kage 8 (+2? guests)
IlMrm
Segasonic (+2 guests)
Rastan78
DirtyMonk
Kipwit (+1 guest)
Pixelcorps
Last edited by Dave_K. on Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:01 am, edited 7 times in total.
kage 8

Post by kage 8 »

I'm down. Maybe a couple of Street Fighter buddies who can play anything and make interesting converstation.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

I should be able to make it this time. Would anyone be down for some DC fighters on the big screen? I know this is mainly a shmup meet, but might be fun to mess around with some 2 player 3S or CVS2 for the heck of it.

Dave, every time I'm at your place I can't help but thinking that the huge 31khz monitor with Astro City panel setup is crying out for some CVS2 madness.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

I'm sure Kage 8 would love to have some DC fighters on the big screen, unfortunately one of my hacked DC pads fried, and I don't think I'll have time to wire up another by next week. We'll see...
DirtyMonk

Post by DirtyMonk »

I'd be glad to join up. I've been out of the loop for a while, but I still can't get enough of dodging bullets, and I haven't seen you people in a while! Time to catch up on things!
cdawg4949

Post by cdawg4949 »

Any one here from the Sacramento Area? I just want to see if there are any of you out here. I would love to come but I doubt I will able too.
shariar07

Post by shariar07 »

Well i wish i could come but since now i'm in LA its going to be hard, anyone else coming from the LA area i will gladly spare gas money so we can carpool.
BER

Post by BER »

I'll be covering for my Dad's business again, so I'm unable to go.
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Damn Bernard, you have to get down here sometime! Let me know what your schedule is like for the next one over the summer.
kage 8 wrote:I'm down. Maybe a couple of Street Fighter buddies who can play anything and make interesting converstation.
Just make sure your buddies go easy on the Sanwas. I had one friend almost rip out the P1 joystick on my Excelleena playing 3rd Strike! (he was a newbie...but still...)
kage 8

Post by kage 8 »

These guys are professionals. They actually move the joysticks through telekinesis.
louisg

Post by louisg »

Sweet. I'll have to check if I can make it though. I've recently added the Salamander collection (1, 2 & Lifeforce) for Saturn to my arsenal, so I could bring that along.
Humans, think about what you have done
segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan »

I'll bring R-Shark because it's one of the few good jamma shmups Dave doesn't already have ;) I also have Vasara and 1944 which I don't remember Dave having or not (though I think so...). I also have the most amazing beat em up ever, Denjin Makai II (Guardians). We gotta play it... :)

-Segasonicfan
I design retro gaming add-ons and repair old consoles :)
My Website: Segasonicfan Designs http://www.segasonicfan.wixsite.com/retro
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

I have 1944. Never played R-Shark or Guardians. I liked Vasa in the begining, but after watching the superplay, that never fires a single shot, I don't consider it a "shooter" anymore. :wink:.
pixelcorps

Post by pixelcorps »

sounds cool to me - I can bring a DC/ps1 adapter and some namco sticks if needed.. would be nice to see everyone again!!
louisg

Post by louisg »

Ahh, I can't make it this Saturday. Have fun, y'all
Humans, think about what you have done
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Damn Louis, why didn't you check you PMs last week when I first put this up? :wink:

+1 for Pixelcorps, hope you bring the monkey!

Ok, we are at about 12 people, and I updated the top post with some house rules. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. Directions will be PM'd the night before.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

PM's have just gone out with directions. See you all tomorrow at 10am!
droid

Post by droid »

Have fun guys. If I wasnt tethered down with wife and child I'd definitely be a Roadie for one of Dave's hookups! One of these days, I'll have to begin negotiations with my wife to let me drive up :)

Droid
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Thanks Droid. Same here (except for the wife and kid part). :D I'll make it down there sometime, probably to buy another cab I'm sure, and hookup with the SoCal group.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Good times.
P.H.U.

Post by P.H.U. »

Once again Dave, big thanks for hosting the meet. I missed the last one and am glad I found about this meet just the day before. Always a pleasure to walk into your arcade, truly good times.

Awesome to see that old Spy Hunter cab up and running. Nice work!

P.S. Is it just me, or do I remember from the last time being at your place that you had a Blade Runner poster hung in your arcade? Maybe I missed it with all the other prints of Shmups hung all around.
Kiselgof

Post by Kiselgof »

Thanks to Dave K. for hosting this meet. It was nice to meet some of the people here and give a shout-out to a couple other members from Neo-Geo.com. A really nice gaming setup and a very courteous and graceful host. Props!

BTW, I recall seeing the Blade Runner poster on the wall next to the Spy Hunter machine. It caught my eye being the sole non-shooter poster in the room.

Sincerely,

Mikhail
kage 8

Post by kage 8 »

The bestest arcade ever!

Thanks for having us over. John kept talking shit about my arcade the whole time we were there. He was impressed and it's hard to impress that man.

Albert
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

Another big thank you to Dave. Not only was there many games to play, but Dave had superplay DVDs running the whole time.
kage 8

Post by kage 8 »

Mr. John Choi tried to register here but he said his email came back as banned??

Anyone, he asked me to tell you Dave thanks for the hospitality and that he'll train you up to be a Street Fighter champ anytime.
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

Dave_K. wrote:Image
Good times.
Whoa, you've got a full-fledged arcade now! I thought you held these things in your garage. Looks great.
"The art director is always listed as the art director in their games. The programmer is always listed as the programmer."
J-Manic

Post by J-Manic »

:shock: That's a phat set up you got there Dave. Hopefully I'll be able to get to the next meet and contribute something.
kage 8

Post by kage 8 »

Is there a mod that can check to see if all gmail has been banned?
zakk

Post by zakk »

kage 8 wrote:Is there a mod that can check to see if all gmail has been banned?
I believe most of the free email providers have been banned due to spam issues.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

zakk wrote:I believe most of the free email providers have been banned due to spam issues.
IIRC bloodflowers has said that anyone having issues registering due to their email address should get in touch with him, to see if he can work anything out for 'em.