firestorm

Post by firestorm »

1. STG - 5,617,730 - Stage 5 - Lace

MLeJazz

Post by MLeJazz »

Hi,

My first score after some credits :

Arcade Mode:

MLeJazz - 4,059,330 - Stage 4 - Lace Rose .

Proof comming soon :wink:
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

Arcade:

PlasmaBlooD - 3,765,540 - Stage 4 - Lace

Pic follow !I became the PCB Yesterday.
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

Arcade:
PlasmaBlooD - 4,184,540 - Stage 5 - Lace
jpj

Post by jpj »

updated plasmablood's score (welcome! :) )

still waiting on mlejazz for a pic :)

...lace really is the way to go it seems :o
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

PlasmaBlooD - 4,942,570 - Stage 5 - Lace
Last edited by PlasmaBlooD on Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

PlasmaBlooD - 5,706,970 - Stage 5 - Lace

"I hope my new score will motivate some of you guys to come back to this great game."

THX Edge :)
Last edited by PlasmaBlooD on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
the allett

Post by the allett »

If i had money i would play this game for along time ;)
In the words of an alcholic, have another drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brumma

Post by brumma »

Pathetic, but here it is:

brumma - 1,021,290 - Stage 2 - Kasumi
jpj

Post by jpj »

scores updated. and well done to plasmablood for taking the top spot!
brumma

Post by brumma »

brumma - 1,365,850 - Stage 3 - Shasta

A minor improvement, but still pretty poor. What are your guys' strategies to control rank? For example, how far do you level up your weapons in Stage 1, Stage 2, etc.? What about the Rose Hips for each level? Do you pick off the bosses piece-by-piece, or go for the quick kill?

Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

brumma wrote: A minor improvement, but still pretty poor. What are your guys' strategies to control rank? For example, how far do you level up your weapons in Stage 1, Stage 2, etc.? What about the Rose Hips for each level? Do you pick off the bosses piece-by-piece, or go for the quick kill?
I grab the rosehips on stage 1, but try to keep them behind me for higher scoring on the small ships, shift to front on the larger saucers. Milk the midboss and end boss completely for max score. I then drop the next few options/power-ups in the start of stage 2 and pickup the next one 1/3 of the way through for the super power up. Hold this through to stage 3 midboss milking for 1 or 2 extends. Something like that. I'll have to get back into this sometime.
PlasmaBlooD wrote: "I hope my new score will motivate some of you guys to come back to this great game."
How about sharing some of your lace strategies?..particularly your stage 3 extend plan.
brumma

Post by brumma »

Dave_K. wrote:I then drop the next few options/power-ups in the start of stage 2 and pickup the next one 1/3 of the way through for the super power up.
Thanks Dave_K. I've got a few more questions:

How does the super power up work? I've gotten them a few times, but I have no idea how. Is it random, or is there a certain method to getting them? I was also wondering if medaling effects rank more than power ups--any thoughts?

I usually end up with powered-up wide-shot lasers and rose hips for Shasta by end of Stage 1. (Sometimes I try to just power up the main laser and avoid rose hips if possible.) I milk the mid-boss by blowing away the 4 orbiter guns, and blast a few destructible bullets before blowing the main body. For the boss I destroy both arms and then the center cannon before blowing away the main body. Does that seem right, or am I missing the opportunity for more points anywhere?
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

I play with Super Power up in the End of Stage 1 or to begin Stage 2
I pick up all Roses,Lifes and Medals but no more Weponitems
I play with Lace and Weapon Thunderstorm(Wideshot) .only the Middlebosses i play with the Rapid shot.
The Roseweapon:
Stage 1,2,3 Forward
Stage 4 and 5 wide.Only Middlebosses Forward.Wide is the best for the Worms and Waggons or Trains.

Special Weapon Power up:
In Stage 1 you must Pick up three Items Rapid Shot or Power up.In the End of Stage 1 or to begin in Stage 2 you Pick up the Wideshot.With this Strategie,i become to 95 % the Special powerup
brumma

Post by brumma »

PlasmaBlooD wrote:Special Weapon Power up:
In Stage 1 you must Pick up three Items Rapid Shot or Power up.In the End of Stage 1 or to begin in Stage 2 you Pick up the Wideshot.With this Strategie,i become to 95 % the Special powerup
I gave this method a try, but can't seem to get anywhere with getting the Super Power UP. Can anyone elaborate a bit more?

Also, once I was playing as Shasta and the Rose Hips seemed to be on a setting that automatically tracked and targeted nearby enemies. I haven't been able to replicate this since. Can anyone enlighten me on what happened hear?
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Thanks for posting your basic strategy PlasmaBlooD.

brumma, I believe you drop 3 powerups or options, and the next powerup should be a super power up. I'm able to do this pretty consistently in stage 2 by simply dropping everything until I destroy the 2nd lighthouse/laser on the right. The next powerup I pick up usually gives the super power up. You will have to make sure you destroy all the small ships leading up to that to yield the maximum amount of items dropped before that second lighthouse.

Your first boss strategy sounds ok. At the end, you should be milking the boss with your shield without destroying him, until she/they begin the final decent off screen. Thats when you take out the head with shot for 100K (otherwise with bomb you only get 10K). This may be hard with some characters, but with lace you can plant the bomb low to shield you from the attack, while still shooting the head to finish the job. I think the most I've gotten exiting stage 1 with Lace was 770-800K.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

From what I could gather from the Japanese players, one of the keys to high scoring in this game is definitely using the Special Power up as much as possible. It also jacks the rank up, so it's not the best strategy if you're looking for a quick 1CC. Once you get to stage 6, you'll face some really tough shit.
brumma

Post by brumma »

Dave_K. wrote:brumma, I believe you drop 3 powerups or options, and the next powerup should be a super power up. I'm able to do this pretty consistently in stage 2 by simply dropping everything until I destroy the 2nd lighthouse/laser on the right. The next powerup I pick up usually gives the super power up. You will have to make sure you destroy all the small ships leading up to that to yield the maximum amount of items dropped before that second lighthouse.
Thanks! I'll give it another try tonight after work.
Dave_K. wrote:Your first boss strategy sounds ok. At the end, you should be milking the boss with your shield without destroying him, until she/they begin the final decent off screen. Thats when you take out the head with shot for 100K (otherwise with bomb you only get 10K). This may be hard with some characters, but with lace you can plant the bomb low to shield you from the attack, while still shooting the head to finish the job. I think the most I've gotten exiting stage 1 with Lace was 770-800K.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I do, although I usually blast the head right before or just after the final trash talk message and the hail of bullets. I usually end up with about 500K using Shasta.
TWE wrote:Once you get to stage 6, you'll face some really tough shit.
Yeah, like I'll ever get that far...

On a good note, I am getting better bit-by-bit, although my top score is still only about 1.5M. I seem to gel with Shasta the best so far and have gotten to the stage 3 sub-boss with her (I can usually no miss up to stage 3, and then it's downhill for me). I'm finding this game really fun to play--if Ibara is this much fun, I may have to pick that up sometime.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Last edited by EOJ on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brumma

Post by brumma »

First of all, thanks for your comments, TWE.
TWE wrote:the rank is too harsh (and too unclear to control)
Regarding the control of rank--I've wondered about this myself. Doesn't it seem possible that no-one has yet to figure it all out yet and write a detailed description? I have seen much more strategy info regarding Ibara than Pink Sweets. I would love to have a bit more detail in a gameplay guide, as a lot of the info seems to be unconfirmed.

TWE wrote:the scoring system is blah.
What exactly is the scoring system on this game anyway? (I have an idea, but perhaps you know more?)

What about Ibara do you think makes it a better game? My understanding was that it is as frustrating and difficult to play as Pink Sweets. From reading what others have to say, it seems to me like an even more tactical game.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Last edited by EOJ on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jpj

Post by jpj »

hi guys,

can you maybe keep this in the strat thread? :wink:
sorry for slow updates. anyone who knows me or has dealt with me buying/selling will know i live in gloucester, and things are pretty shit at the moment with regards to the floods.

cheers
brumma

Post by brumma »

jpj wrote:hi guys,

can you maybe keep this in the strat thread? :wink:
sorry for slow updates. anyone who knows me or has dealt with me buying/selling will know i live in gloucester, and things are pretty shit at the moment with regards to the floods.

cheers
Sure, mate. Sorry--didn't mean to derail the thread. :oops:
jpj

Post by jpj »

no probs mate :)
MLeJazz

Post by MLeJazz »

Hi ,

Arcade Mode:

MLeJazz - 4.110.100 - Stage 4 - Lace Rose .
Last edited by MLeJazz on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MLeJazz

Post by MLeJazz »

I just have seen the boss of the 4 stage

Arcade Mode:

MLeJazz - 4.500.690 - Stage 4 - Lace Rose . (Type A)

jpj

Post by jpj »

hi mlejazz, sorry for the delay :oops:
updated!
jpj

Post by jpj »

did the super power up stuff but for shasta it doesn't make much benefit. collected two 1-ups on stage 3, all looking rosy, till the snakes on stage 4. rank was a killer, and dropped the medals several times, and finally bocked out on stage 5 bosses last pattern before slapping on the da vinci.

arcade mode:

jpj - 4,089,320 - Stage 5 - Shasta
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3606/imag0015ni3.jpg

might have to switch ship :?
jpj

Post by jpj »

another new score from the bat-cave.

score attack:
jpj - 2,926,480 - Kasumi
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3172/imag0003kl6.jpg

so close to the 3 million extend it's just not funny. not pictured here, but i've since had a couple of 2.8+ scores as well. and that's keeping the medals up at 10k and dying on the final pattern where long streams of enemies come out from all sides of the screen :shock: if i can do the 3rd midboss better, i should be able hit 3..... :?
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Not that it means much, but I broke my stage 1 normal high score with Lace at 823,920.