Midi & Meidi:

PlasmaBlooD - 2,746,150 - Stage 5

Kasumi:

PlasmaBlooD - 3,300,240 - Stage 5

Shasta:

PlasmaBlooD - 3,961,250 - Stage 5
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

EOJ wrote:I'm just going by the WR for each ship : 14+mil for Meidi&Midi, 15+mil for Kasumi, 19+mil for Shasta and 20+mil for Lace.
I didn't know that, so I had to make observations for my data. ^_-
Nice to know what the upper limits are, though.
Not sure who I'm going to settle on just yet, as I find it fun just playing through with all of them. Lace gets me killed more often than usual however, due to the firing delay between her shots. -_-;;
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Icarus wrote: I didn't know that, so I had to make observations for my data. ^_-
Yeah, it's pretty easy to figure out if you play with each ship a few times.
jpj

Post by jpj »

i'm not too sure on different charts for each character. to be honest, i'm not one of these people that thinks "if gamest and arcadia do it this way - that is the correct way". perfect point would be not separating 1st and 2nd revisions of pink sweets, or disqualifying the 1st revision altogether, like they did with the jpn A ver. of batrider. and also because if you've been playing for a long time with a certain character, it will be difficult to get on your own scoreboard and take pics of scores of ships you aren't that accustomed to yet. personally, i think it's always best to display the scoreboards as they are presented in the game itself. on the otherhand, lace is much easier to score highly with than shasta, so my scores will look better :oops: but i'm not sure there are enough pink sweets players at the moment to justify it :?:

what do you guys think................?

and score attack is fun, can't believe i was 8 medals shy of getting an extra minute on the clock :evil: i thought galford must be doing some funky milking somewhere, because even a 6 mill (with 2mill bonus) is insane to me. interesting. i couldn't get much by shooting the fireballs (to make them shrink and disappear), maybe it's bombing the fireballs...?
jpj

Post by jpj »

updated your time attack score icarus.

with regards to the tables, if i do one table for each character, and across 3 different modes, that's 12 tables...! unless you only want to split them up for arcade mode, as there aren't many scores in the other two modes yet?
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

jpj wrote: with regards to the tables, if i do one table for each character, and across 3 different modes, that's 12 tables...! unless you only want to split them up for arcade mode, as there aren't many scores in the other two modes yet?
Arcadia just splits them up for the Normal arcade mode. Score attack and Harder Mode only have one ranking each. I think that's the most practical thing to do, so you don't have 12 charts to keep track of.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

jpj, I think what you have already is fine. If people want to append which ship type they selected after their score, thats cool. I always select with A.
Last edited by Dave_K. on Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Dave_K. wrote:jpj, I think what you have already is fine.
Right, so Shasta and Lace scores for all!
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

The score thread isn't big enough to warrant such. Maybe if it gets as big as say, Battle Garegga, it would.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
jpj

Post by jpj »

agreed. i think it's a bit like the galuda 2 thread - there wasn't much point in GP creating separate charts for tateha and asagi players because the board was predominantly ageha players
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

jpj wrote:agreed. i think it's a bit like the galuda 2 thread - there wasn't much point in GP creating separate charts for tateha and asagi players because the board was predominantly ageha players
Well that's the problem. If you don't make separate charts for the other, harder to score/play with characters, no one will use them, as what's the point when you can use the stronger, easier to score character and get higher in the single chart available?

But mine is only one vote, and it seems others here are happy with the charts as they are, so do what the majority find best.
jpj

Post by jpj »

true, but even when this scoreboard started, it was just people naturally gravitating to lace and submitting scores with her. and GP's thread started quite similarly, with many ageha scores. i don't really like the idea of splitting it up and having 7 lace scores, 2 shasta scores, and 1 kasumi score. and i don't want any "drama" in my threads or suspicion being cast and having scores doubted, so always ask for a pic. to submit scores for four different ships, i would probably have to wipe my scoreboards and de-activate the auto-saving, and i'm not sure i'm comfortable with that either.

anyways, i'll listen to anyone's opinion about what you want :)
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

jpj wrote:true, but even when this scoreboard started, it was just people naturally gravitating to lace and submitting scores with her.
I don't think so. I know the only reason I used her in the beginning was because it's so much easier to score with her, and I'd bet that's the same for most other people here. She's probably my least favorite ship type to play as. My fave is Kasumi, but since it's so much harder to score with her, I won't be trying to submit Kasumi scores to compete with Lace scores.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

EOJ wrote:
jpj wrote:true, but even when this scoreboard started, it was just people naturally gravitating to lace and submitting scores with her.
I don't think so. I know the only reason I used her in the beginning was because it's so much easier to score with her, and I'd bet that's the same for most other people here. She's probably my least favorite ship type to play as. My fave is Kasumi, but since it's so much harder to score with her, I won't be trying to submit Kasumi scores to compete with Lace scores.
just a question apart from scoring with the girls..
which one is the best looking?
would be interesting to know if someone has his favourite character he likes to play with, undependant of useful they´re for scoring.
Also you always score better with your favourite chara/ship, don't you? :wink:

I think the ladies do look different from Ibara 1 so lets make some avatar of each one appear in here. thanks
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

out
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
jpj

Post by jpj »

EOJ wrote:
but would you be comfortable deleting your scores, and having it never save them, so you could take pics and play with all four characters? in galuda 2, fair enough, the game breaks it down into three different score boards by itself, but pink sweets doesn't. and games like garegga etc, the pcb doesn't save scores, so i have no qualms with that. but i don't like the idea of wiping my scores.

maybe in a year, if there are a few more of us kicking about, i could expand the arcade mode to four charts. i'm just not sure it warrants it. at least not yet. it's like me asking icarus to cut the ibara table into Bond and Dyne scores. that's what arcadia do, but it wouldn't really warrant it, i think.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

jpj wrote:it's like me asking icarus to cut the ibara table into Bond and Dyne scores. that's what arcadia do, but it wouldn't really warrant it, i think.
I'm tempted to do it, actually, as it's been on my mind since I took over the table a long time ago. Personally, I was waiting to see if there was interest in the game, and it more than met my expectations. I think there's enough players to warrant a split, and in my case, I would still have a smaller combined table for the top overall scores, similar to the Garegga tables.

Splitting the tables for Ibara won't be as hard as splitting the tables for Pink Sweets, however, as you'd have double the amount of tables I would. Also, I agree with Twid for now, there's not nearly enough players to warrant a split.

It's up to you of course, jpj. My original comment was regarding listing subtypes for ships with the score post. I'm personally not bothered about table splitting, but like MMM's Espgaluda table before the split, it does give me incentive to learn the harder, less-used characters now (Meidi&Midi [ST], LOL). ^_-
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

PlasmaBlooD - 6,173,080 - Stage 5 - Lace

After Stage 4 i had 5.5 million and 2 lives.The Rank was in the middle and that was okay but i dying stupid Deaths in stage 5.i died after the Middleboss :(.I had the full Medallbonus.Sorry i can t speak better English.i hope u understand me.

pic follow.I go to play Squash.
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

jpj

Post by jpj »

well done!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

NORMAL MODE
3,115,990 - Icarus - Stage 3 - Lace (A)

Crappy minor update. Up to third midboss, then made a bit of a mess after that. -_-;;

SCORE ATTACK MODE
2,834,170 - Icarus - Lace (A)

Medalled from start, past the second midboss, and quite far into the snakes-n-lasers minigame before dropping my Medals, due to getting killed over and over. Crawled to the third midboss, just beat it, and got up to the second wave of toy robots before timing out.

3mil easy if I can get past the third midboss with my Medal values intact.
jpj

Post by jpj »

nice one.

could you also post your scores name, and then score, please :) i appreciate it's probably force of habit

and what do you think of the score attack mode? i've got some pretty good patterns with kasumi, but obviously she's a bit of a low scoring ship. roughly where are you hitting your extends (as in extra minutes on the clock)?
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Hey Icarus, any tips for getting past Cheese Korone (the second midboss) quickly? It always seems to take forever there and then I time out in the following section with the insta-death lasers. :(
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

jpj wrote:and what do you think of the score attack mode? i've got some pretty good patterns with kasumi, but obviously she's a bit of a low scoring ship. roughly where are you hitting your extends (as in extra minutes on the clock)?
I think:
1st: during group of medium sized enemies before midboss (the box shaped helicopters that come in in groups of three, that fire aimed 3ways)
2nd: during second midboss

Third Extend is possible after third midboss, as there's five key waves of enemies that can give at least 400-500k total (two static helicopter discs that all drop Medals, and three groups of toy robots that all drop items).
EOJ wrote:Hey Icarus, any tips for getting past Cheese Korone (the second midboss) quickly? It always seems to take forever there and then I time out in the following section with the insta-death lasers. :(
Keep charging your Rose Cracker, and use it. Use it once during the fireball attack, and hold your next charge until you know what the boss will fire after that - if it's the purple pattern, use the charge as a shield and drop the Rose Cracker after it's finished; if it's the missiles, drop it immediately. Keep repeating that pattern until the boss is dead (takes about 30 to 40sec with repeated bomb and Shot usage). If your timing is good, you can use the Rose Cracker as soon as the purple pattern starts, to block it and give yourself some time to use Shot for extra damage. Tricky, given the speed it's fired at.

If you're using Kasumi, make sure you cycle through enemy waves as quickly as possible. Stage 6 has Feveron-like control of enemy waves - the faster you destroy a wave, the quicker the next one will arrive. You'll notice this in effect if you destroy all the laser cannons during that particular trap section before the second midboss - leave some of them on screen and you waste at least 15sec waiting for them to time out.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

and heres another vote for character tables. its fun to use less played characters imo and theres NO POINT in using them if theres no seperate table for it. :)
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Plasmo wrote:and heres another vote for character tables. its fun to use less played characters imo and theres NO POINT in using them if theres no seperate table for it. :)
Agreed!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

FUCK! GODDAMNIT!
I just hit 3.25mil in SA Mode and got to the boss with 20secs left on the clock...
... AND THE GAME FROZE ON ME! >_<#
Replay recorded too!

The score was
Icarus - 3,259,120 - Lace (A)

Here's a snap of the exact moment it crashed.

You'll have to excuse the screenshot. My capture setup chops off part of the score display. Not sure if you want to add it, jpj, since I couldn't even finish the run and add my inits, but I'll post it here anyway.
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

So Cave SH3 does overscan correction?
unban shw
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

@Icarus: Yeah, Galford complained that PS freezes a lot. I've never had it happen myself. I had Galuda II freeze a couple times though. Would love to see that replay in any case!

@Twiddle: I don't know about the overscan correction. Maybe someone else can reply.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

EOJ wrote:@Icarus: Yeah, Galford complained that PS freezes a lot. I've never had it happen myself. I had Galuda II freeze a couple times though. Would love to see that replay in any case!
First time it has happened for me, and annoyingly it does it on my best run in SA Mode.
Replay here. (XVID - 81.5MB)

EDIT: Changed upload to a smaller, improved sound quality version (uses VBR MP3).
Last edited by Icarus on Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.