Post by Icarus »

jpj wrote:oh, and you should sell me your MMP :wink:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No.
DEL

!

Post by DEL »

Icarus wrote;
That's good, I was going to request that all my scores be removed, anyway.

Whaddayamean all?! I hope you just mean your Sweets scores.
Lots of things have stopped me from playing Pink and Pork since the start of December, including work; advances in my studies; a lack of interest in competing on the forum now; and the fact that whenever I do get enough time to play them, I always end up doing something more productive.

That, and I am finding Every Extend and the two sequels far more enjoyable to play, given my now limited amount of free time.
Sounds like you're entering the Doldrums, but seeing as you're the most dedicated shoot'em up player I know, you'll be back with a vengeance.
Go Slow periods are always wise anyway :wink: .

Oh, and sell me your Pork!

Dave_K wrote;
Go for the 6 lives bug Del, nobody has yet 1CC'd this with the bug! It would be a Western first. Its actually much more difficult to accomplish than I thought (coming from a guy who put some time into this a few months ago only to get stomped by an english bloke who says he sucks and only played a few credits to get > 5M. ).
Plasmo was advocating that I don't exploit the 6 lives bug and he's basically right (in the ethical sense), but I'll alternate my credits and give it a go. ie. 1 cred Lace (A) regular score play / 1 cred going for the bug.
However I can only play this game once a week :? .
EOJ

Re: !

Post by EOJ »

DEL wrote: Plasmo was advocating that I don't exploit the 6 lives bug and he's basically right (in the ethical sense),
I really do not think this is a bug at all. Considering all the WR scores in Japan use this "bug" and Arcadia does not even mention it by the score.
It's more likely a feature of the game. A very unique feature!

More evidence is the fact that the "fixed" PS PCB fixes the Stage 6 freeze bug. I have not seen any confirmation it fixes the supposed "infinite lives bug".
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

EOJ wrote:
DEL wrote: Plasmo was advocating that I don't exploit the 6 lives bug and he's basically right (in the ethical sense),
I really do not think this is a bug at all. Considering all the WR scores in Japan use this "bug" and Arcadia does not even mention it by the score.
It's more likely a feature of the game. A very unique feature!
I'm starting to think the same thing. Its kinda of like a lure, max out the rank early on and try to reach this goal, or avoid rank as much as possible for the normal 1cc through to end. Two ends of the spectrum.
EOJ wrote: More evidence is the fact that the "fixed" PS PCB fixes the Stage 6 freeze bug. I have not seen any confirmation it fixes the supposed "infinite lives bug".
This certainly would explain why the heck Arcadia is allowing these infiniate live scores, if its supposed to be part of the game. And also explain why people don't care about this game anymore as an infinate lives score is easily more than a low rank 1cc score. If true, this would really be a unique take on game rank, but perhaps Yagawa didn't tweak it enough since the low rank 1cc is more difficult to obtain than the infinate lives rollover.

P.S. this would also explain why there is a multiply practice mode. Duh.
Last edited by Dave_K. on Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jpj

Post by jpj »

can we please not have this argument again :?

or at least do it in the pink sweets thread in shmups chat :wink:
Gakidou

Post by Gakidou »

ARCADE:
Gakidou - 5,053,350 - Stage 5 - Lace (A)

First time on the fifth stage (died early) on quite a bad run score wise. Does anyone have any avice regarding the ufo/egg (the one you fight in every stage) encounter in the fourth stage? It takes ages to kill it, and if you accidently destroy a couple of it's drones (which is extremely easy to do, especially if you bomb) it gets really angry. Lots of runs end there for me.
jpj

Post by jpj »

good score, and a well-taken pic too!

i bomb the hell out of that midboss, but i play as shasta, so it's really easy to do
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

The most important thing is that you have the straight shot power up as lace. then you have two strategies:

1. during the laser attack, be above the midboss, set your options to back and shoot. during the other attack place a rose cracker in the middle and use shot. (stay at the bottom of the screen right under the midboss all the time)
2. try to avoid using your rose cracker and use shot all the time and back options during the laser attack.

the second way is quite risky cause you can easily kill the midboss accidently with your options and get no points from it, but the advantage is that you keep the rank down, which is far more important than 50k points.

The fifth appearance of scramble egg (the midboss) is much worse than this one...
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

Please delete my Scores !Thx :)
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

I've lost interest in competing online in Pink Sweets and want to abandon this particular score challenge. Please remove my scores from the highscore tables.

I sold my PS PCB.Please delete my Scores
jpj

Post by jpj »

hi plasmablood,

i deleted icarus's scores, but that's because he is (perhaps) leaving the forum.
i'd rather leave your scores up, as it gives other players targets to beat. the tables aren't very full anyway, and if everyone who isn't playing it anymore wanted their scores deleted, the table would be very empty. i hope you don't think i'm being unfair :(
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

jpj wrote:hi plasmablood,

i deleted icarus's scores, but that's because he is (perhaps) leaving the forum.
i'd rather leave your scores up, as it gives other players targets to beat. the tables aren't very full anyway, and if everyone who isn't playing it anymore wanted their scores deleted, the table would be very empty. i hope you don't think i'm being unfair :(
I leave this forum ,too !!My English is not good enough to communicate with other Members and í have no fun here.Please delete !!
CIT

Post by CIT »

PlasmaBlooD wrote:
jpj wrote:hi plasmablood,

I leave this forum ,too !!My English is not good enough to communicate with other Members and í have no fun here.Please delete !!

Warum denn das jetzt? Deine Scores sind doch ne Bereicherung für das Forum hier. ^^
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

PlasmaBlooD wrote: and í have no fun here

er lol, who actually has?
DEL

!

Post by DEL »

Had another go in the arcade:

5,472,750 - ST5 - Lace (A) Arcade mode

Got closer to the bug, arriving at Stage 5 with 5 lives up top, collected the sixth early on in the stage then did my usual trick of getting slaughtered by the ranked-up trains. Reached the Stage 5 Boss with 2 lives remaining and got creamed by the tentacle (even though I was expecting it :? ).

Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

DEL wrote:Got closer to the bug, arriving at Stage 5 with 5 lives up top, collected the sixth early on in the stage then did my usual trick of getting slaughtered by the ranked-up trains.
Wait, so the sixth life didn't roll you over to multiply mode? Were there actually 6 ships showing up top or was it still showing 5 ships after you collected the sixth?
DEL

!?

Post by DEL »

Dave_K wrote;
Wait, so the sixth life didn't roll you over to multiply mode? Were there actually 6 ships showing up top or was it still showing 5 ships after you collected the sixth?
I was surprised too. There were indeed 5 lives displayed up top at the beginning of Stage 5. Then when I saw the sixth floating down the screen I got excited, BUT when I collected it there was no roll over :shock: :?:
It displayed 6 lives up top. Do you think ill6's board is a chipped one?

I really thought I had it in the bag just before collecting the sixth :? .
EOJ

Re: !?

Post by EOJ »

DEL wrote: I was surprised too. There were indeed 5 lives displayed up top at the beginning of Stage 5. Then when I saw the sixth floating down the screen I got excited, BUT when I collected it there was no roll over :shock: :?:
It displayed 6 lives up top.
Wow, that's weird. Are you sure everything is on defaults on the board? Go to the test menu to check. That's the only way I can see you being able to have 6 lives at top. Even then it's sorta weird - Yagawa games max out at 5 lives up top (6 lives total), so it shouldn't let you get 6 unless it's a glitch. Check out Pink Sweets' score attack mode. You have 5 lives up top.

Apparently you can try and bomb the trees in the first stage - if there are no birds you have a "fixed" board. But the "fix" only fixes a stage 6 crash bug, from what I've read. The multiply mode trick is apparently a feature of the game.
DEL

Post by DEL »

EOJ - I don't want to annoy jpj by taking up space here with a non-score post, but I could swear it was 6 lives displaying up top on Stage 5.
Two from the start of the game, one more from the Stage 3 tank, two type 3 bullet triggered before the end of Stage 4 = 5 up top.
Then one more collected at the beginning of Stage 5 = 6.
I have posted the question to 'Landlord' on the London forum (who was standing behind me watching this run), hopefully he can confirm that there were indeed 6 lives displaying up top.
I was very surprised to see that it didn't roll over :? .
I'll wait for Landlord's reply...
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

played a few credits pink sweets today at plasmo, too

I got 2mil or so at the try to get just 1mil.
Maybe plsm might post it if its still on the ps-chart.

This game is definetly stupid and apart from ibara i dont ever want to play a raizing game again
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

@ELF
you were on your second credit on your 2mill run.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
jpj

Post by jpj »

elfhentaifan wrote: This game is definetly stupid
good for you. now stop posting in my score thread
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

jpj wrote:
elfhentaifan wrote: This game is definetly stupid
good for you. now stop posting in my score thread
wtf okay, i'm gonna take that serious
MHK

Post by MHK »

Harder Mode:
MHK - 3,514,950 - Stage 3 - Lace

The game ended at the beginning of the stage 3 boss. 2.7 million after the stage 2 boss (it took me at least 7 minutes to kill it). It was the first time I managed to kill the stage 2 boss. The second phase of the stage 2 boss was spectacular (2 small things coming down vertically at the same time, separated by the laser, along with 3 or 4 silly little things firing destructable bullets at me in a sea of absorbable purple bullets.)
MHK

Post by MHK »

Here is a picture of my score

Last edited by MHK on Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unsane

Post by unsane »

MHK wrote:However I don't know how to transfer the jpg document from my computer to here.)

Use an image hosting site:
http://pici.se
http://bayimg.com
http://flickr.com
http://photobucket.com
http://imageshack.us

Then use the img tag: [img]http://url.com/yourpicture.jpg[ /img] (remove the blank space).
MHK

Post by MHK »

Harder Mode:
MHK - 3,514,960 - Stage 3 - Lace

I achieved this score last week and I believe it'll be the last time I play this game in my life as I no longer enjoy playing it (my skill is not good enough to play the normal mode), though I might be tempted to make further effort in attempt to beat Almighty Plasmo's harder mode score. I believe his skill is good enough to get at least 8 million in the harder mode.
(Please excuse me if the picture is too big.)
jpj

Post by jpj »

nice one :) have you played any Score Attack mode?

updated.
MHK

Post by MHK »

have you played any Score Attack mode?
I think I played it once or twice and I absolutely hated it. I hated the idea of 'dying as many times as you want'.

I can see playing score attack is a good way of practising stage 6.
AKRATEN

Post by AKRATEN »

Shasta 1544270
level 3
:)