Arcademode
PlasmaBlooD - 5,819,750 - Stage 5 - Lace

I must learn Stage 5.Pic follow
jpj

Post by jpj »

arcade mode:

jpj - 4,469,930 - Shasta - Stage 5
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/483/imag0010gi5.jpg

dying on the stage 5 boss it is getting very old very fast...
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Pink Sweets arrived today. I'll have a score tonight after I take care of some things for my team for STGT.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Oh snap, I better get on this again soon, I'm getting left behind in the scores! Nice one jpj!
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

LOL, I've just opened the shipping box, and am surprised to find a rather beat up but very recognisable Cave/AMI box. o_O
I wasn't aware that this was an almost complete kit (no giant foldout or poster), as no mention of it was in the auction, or any photos of the actual package. I thought it was just the PCB and some random artwork. Very happy now. ^_^

Plugging it in now. Will have a crappy score coming in the next few hours.
MLeJazz

Post by MLeJazz »

Icarus wrote:LOL, I've just opened the shipping box, and am surprised to find a rather beat up but very recognisable Cave/AMI box. o_O
I wasn't aware that this was an almost complete kit (no giant foldout or poster), as no mention of it was in the auction, or any photos of the actual package. I thought it was just the PCB and some random artwork. Very happy now. ^_^

Plugging it in now. Will have a crappy score coming in the next few hours.

congratulation :D

Now you have to do some damage to the hi score :wink:

Have fun ^_^
CLICK BANNER TO ACCESS THE RADIO
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Also, before I reset the scores on the PCB, I'll post the scores that were saved on it.

O_O;;

Score Attack record is at 3.9mil.

You'll notice that the top edge of the screen is cut off slightly, which also occurs with Ibara and is a problem with my current setup. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about the score as much in PS.
MLeJazz

Post by MLeJazz »

Do you know which version of pink sweets you have ?

first version tips , up ,up ,down , down ,left, right , left , right , "A" , "B" , start , reset the game during the play,
and in time attack (with five life )by losing life the five lives remains ?
and have birds if you bomb on the trees of the 1st stage

The second version dont have this .
Last edited by MLeJazz on Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CLICK BANNER TO ACCESS THE RADIO
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

I have the first version by the looks of it: 2006/04/06 Master Ver.
Just tested it out, I can reset using the code, and there are birds in the trees in stage1.
Can't test for the Extend Bug, not that good at the game yet. ^_-

EDIT: First night's worth of play.

2,541,280 - Icarus - Stage 4 - Kasumi (A)

Got further with Kasumi than I did with Lace and Shasta, but scored less overall. No Medals dropped in the run so far. Got lucky with an Extend appearing early into stage4, just when I needed it the most.

Score won't be updated until after STGT. I'll invest all my playing time into Pink Sweets after the tournament ends.
PlasmaBlooD

Post by PlasmaBlooD »

PlasmaBlooD - 5,819,750 - Stage 5 - Lace

i have a better strategie and the rank in stage 4 and 5 it s easier.but not enough skill this time (nightwork again)
Last edited by PlasmaBlooD on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Icarus wrote:LOL, I've just opened the shipping box, and am surprised to find a rather beat up but very recognisable Cave/AMI box. o_O
:?:
I mentioned it came with the box when I first posted the auction link for you here:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... &start=333

The auction description clearly said the box was included. :wink:
And yeah, you're just missing the POP for a full kit. The poster isn't part of a kit, technically.

Nice to see you got this. I bought another PS as well. Just been fooling around with Score Attack mode, as I find that more fun than the Normal game atm and it's good practice to learn the Stage 6 patterns.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

MLeJazz wrote:Do you know which version of pink sweets you have ?

first version tips , up ,up ,down , down ,left, right , left , right , "A" , "B" , start , reset the game during the play,
and in time attack (with five live )by losing life the five lives remains ?

:shock: So you're saying in the revised version you cannot use the in game reset code, in Score attack mode you lose lives from the counter when you die, and if you bomb the trees in the first stage there are no birds?? Where did you hear this?
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

MLeJazz wrote:Do you know which version of pink sweets you have ?

and in time attack (with five live )by losing life the five lives remains ?

I'm fairly sure I have the fixed version (from Fujita). The reset code never worked for me (but I thought it was just me not doing it right), but do see the birds if I bomb the trees at the start (no score increase though).

Can you confirm the birds part doesn't work on your second version?
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Dave_K. wrote:
I'm fairly sure I have the fixed version (from Fujita). The reset code never worked for me (but I thought it was just me not doing it right),
I bought my first PCB from Fujita the same time you did, and the reset code worked for me. You just have to input it pretty fast. If what MleJazz says is correct, it seems an easy test is to go into Score Attack mode and die. If you don't lose any lives, you have the unfixed version (???). I always thought score attack mode was default infinite lives. Very weird.

Anyway, it's better to have the unfixed version if you want to (someday) score like the pros, as they all use that version, apparently.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

EOJ wrote::?:
I mentioned it came with the box when I first posted the auction link for you here:
Did you? Ahh, sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I think I was blinded by the "Pink Sweets, low starting price auction" part. ^_-
EOJ wrote:If what MleJazz says is correct, it seems an easy test is to go into Score Attack mode and die. If you don't lose any lives, you have the unfixed version (???). I always thought score attack mode was default infinite lives. Very weird.
FYI, Score Attack on my PCB is "infinite lives" based. I have five lives in Attack, and they never go down on death - I tried one credit last night, and died about thirty times. -_-;;
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

hey ICR, nice to see you finally getting pink sweets. ill get my PS pcb in mid november (for more money and less artwork :( )so we roughly start playing at the same time. im looking forward to some good scorebattle and hopefully some A+ scores.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Plasmo wrote:hey ICR, nice to see you finally getting pink sweets. ill get my PS pcb in mid november (for more money and less artwork :( )so we roughly start playing at the same time. im looking forward to some good scorebattle and hopefully some A+ scores.
Ahh, you have it too? Excellent. ^_-

I just ordered a SCART RGB to VGA Scaler unit, which hopefully should fix my video capture problems with my supergun (as well as the display cropping thing), and I should have some footage of the game trickling onto the forum after STGT ends.

And yeah, a 10mil+ score would be nice. I think I have a good idea of how it's done, but for now I'll be working on finding out what makes the rank system tick first, and getting comfortable with stages and bosses second.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

(as well as the display cropping thing)
btw i have exactly the same problem.its kind of annoying to suicide on purpose and then realising that it was actually your last life...(cause i cant see how many lives i have in stock) :cry:
I like chocolate milk

Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Plasmo wrote:
(as well as the display cropping thing)
btw i have exactly the same problem.its kind of annoying to suicide on purpose and then realising that it was actually your last life...(cause i cant see how many lives i have in stock) :cry:
Yours is cropped that badly? Is there no way you can change the horizontal size of your display?
On my TV (playing through SCART) it only cuts the score display off, which is annoying in Ibara if you are trying to time a suicide to spawn a full bomb (as done in the Kasumi and Teresa tricks). I don't think you'd have to worry about it as much in PS, as suiciding doesn't have to be done as regularly.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

well i got used to counting my lives in mind anyway...
and a first question: how do you trigger the extend in stage 5? (its in one of the "towers").Do you have to be at the top of the screen or is there anything else that triggers it?
I like chocolate milk

Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Plasmo wrote:well i got used to counting my lives in mind anyway...
and a first question: how do you trigger the extend in stage 5? (its in one of the "towers").Do you have to be at the top of the screen or is there anything else that triggers it?
Destroy all the towers, as far as I can tell.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

@Icarus & Plasmo: do you guys know you can go into the test menu on any Cave SH3 game and adjust the horizontal and vertical position? If you can't see the top of the screen, move it down a bit.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

thats awesome. thx EOJ
I like chocolate milk

Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Does it do overscan correction?
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

EOJ wrote:There's a 4th stage in SA?? ;)
Haha, oops. Forgot to delete that part. ^_-
EOJ wrote:I get to that part with the snakes and lasers pretty much every time. I always run out of time there. That second midboss (Nova) takes forever. Apparently that's a big place to milk points (according to Galford), though i can't figure out what exactly he does.
Is that so? It must have something to do with those fireballs and missiles, although I can't see it adding up to a mil or two. Not within two minutes of playtime at least.
EOJ wrote:Well, yes, we should be listing the ship type (S, A, B, AB). We should also have separate charts for each character, as Arcadia does. Since they all have very different scoring potentials.
Yup, that's correct. From my limited playtime, scoring efficiency (for the default A selection) appears to go in the order:

Code: Select all

HARDEST < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > EASIEST
Meidi&Midi           Kasumi          Shasta          Lace
Which, funnily enough, is the order they appear in on the ship select. ^_-

So far, I find Lace is the higher scoring as her Shot attacks are piercing, and do a lot of tick points each time (think Car-Pet in Batrider, very high scoring if played correctly).
Shasta is good as her main Shot is continuous, which makes it easier to milk destroyable bullets from midbosses like the third stage one, for example.
Kasumi has a large attack range with her wide Shot, and her impact missiles can do some tick damage too. In SA Mode she's probably the best as her attacks can cover everything on screen.
Meidi&Midi can be classed as extremely low-tier in fighting game terms. I can see how they might be played for score, but it would involve a ton of milking just to be able to keep up scoring efficiency.

The subtypes do change a lot of things around, but for now, that can wait until further investigation.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Icarus wrote: Yup, that's correct. From my limited playtime, scoring efficiency (for the default A selection) appears to go in the order:

Code: Select all

HARDEST < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > EASIEST
Meidi&Midi           Kasumi          Shasta          Lace
I'm just going by the WR for each ship : 14+mil for Meidi&Midi, 15+mil for Kasumi, 19+mil for Shasta and 20+mil for Lace.
Icarus wrote: Kasumi has a large attack range with her wide Shot, and her impact missiles can do some tick damage too. In SA Mode she's probably the best as her attacks can cover everything on screen.
Nope, Lace is by far the best. The WR is with her, and it's 9.7mil. No other character is even close to that.
jpj

Post by jpj »

scores updated, and big hello to icarus :)

feel free to submit score attack and harder mode scores as well guys :wink:

did you get a first version as well twe? and i agree that score attack mode is ace.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

jpj wrote:scores updated, and big hello to icarus :)
feel free to submit score attack and harder mode scores as well guys :wink:
Hi. ^_-
And very well, a quick and dirty SA Mode score.

SCORE ATTACK MODE
1,686,490 - Icarus - Kasumi (A)

Think I have SA Mode sussed. Just need to work on surviving the main trap sections, and killing the second mid-boss quickly. Medals not dropped in this run, got to the bit with the lasers and snakes before running out of time.

Just out of curiousity jpj: perhaps we should start listing ship subtypes with our scoreposts? The different subtypes for each ship play very differently to one another. I'm listing mine out of habit. ^_-
Last edited by Icarus on Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Icarus wrote:
SCORE ATTACK MODE
1,686,490 - Icarus - Stage 4 - Kasumi (A)
There's a 4th stage in SA?? ;)

Think I have SA Mode sussed. Just need to work on surviving the main trap sections, and killing the second mid-boss quickly. Medals not dropped in this run, got to the bit with the lasers and snakes before running out of time.
I get to that part with the snakes and lasers pretty much every time. I always run out of time there. That second midboss (Nova) takes forever. Apparently that's a big place to milk points (according to Galford), though i can't figure out what exactly he does.
Just out of curiousity jpj: perhaps we should start listing ship subtypes with our scoreposts? The different subtypes for each ship play very differently to one another. I'm listing mine out of habit. ^_-
Well, yes, we should be listing the ship type (S, A, B, AB). We should also have separate charts for each character, as Arcadia does. Since they all have very different scoring potentials.