US Candy Cab Source

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
lupus

US Candy Cab Source

Post by lupus »

Does anyone know of a candy cab source here in the US? Paticularly on the east coast. I've been checking ebay and have had little luck locating any. I don't have a particular model i'm looking for and i also don't care if its one of the chinese knock off models... I may even prefer it if i can buy new.

The only guy i found who sells them is in California and it'll cost a grip to get to Florida, but i'll do it if that is the only option. He quoted me this for a New Astro City
Cab cost = $595
Shipping cost = $275

Total cost = $870

Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
bay

Post by bay »

there's not any i know of on this coast, the popular forum choice would be matsu out in california.

ebay will pop up a couple of cabs a month, sometimes out here on the east coast. usually just one of us crazies looking to offload an older cab cause we're pulling another from cali :D

at any rate, a cab is a good time & definately worth the purchase. however, it will become the end of your extra cash as you are buying pcbs like a madman.

cheers,
-b :shock:
SuperGrafx

Post by SuperGrafx »

I'm in the same dilemma (east coast member wanting a candy cab), but no matter how you look at it, the shipping is still going to be high. $275 isn't half bad.

Go look on www.quarterarcade.com and see what they quote you for shipping charges on a standard cabinet. Yep, expensive...and they're based in Pennsylvania.
Alec

Post by Alec »

Well, $275 from California to Florida isn't too bad really. Matsu has quoted me at $200 here in CA. So $75 more isn't too bad considering the distance. I don't know what shipping company he uses. I've had NAVL quote me at about $300 from LA to here.

A friend and I just picked up 2 Neo Candy Cabinets from ebay seller ju707 in El Cajon, CA. He quoted a cab from there to here (up north more than 500mi) at $100 shipping and will ship 2 cabinets for the price of 1. I believe he may have some Neo Candies left, if your interested, you should contact him. He's selling them with a BIN price of $295. He seems like a nice guy on the phone and even offered to rotate my monitor for me free of charge. The ETA for our cabinets is Wednesday so I will be able to vouch for his services and products then.
bay

Post by bay »

Alec wrote:A friend and I just picked up 2 Neo Candy Cabinets from ebay seller ju707 in El Cajon, CA. He quoted a cab from there to here (up north more than 500mi) at $100 shipping and will ship 2 cabinets for the price of 1. I believe he may have some Neo Candies left, if your interested, you should contact him. He's selling them with a BIN price of $295. He seems like a nice guy on the phone and even offered to rotate my monitor for me free of charge. The ETA for our cabinets is Wednesday so I will be able to vouch for his services and products then.
julius is very helpful and my 2 astros came without issues, way out here in NJ, 420$ for 2 shipped. it would be good to hear of your experience when they arrive. i used NAVL.
JJG

Post by JJG »

Sweet, I'll have to get in touch with this guy at some point.
Alec

Post by Alec »

bay wrote:
Alec wrote:A friend and I just picked up 2 Neo Candy Cabinets from ebay seller ju707 in El Cajon, CA. He quoted a cab from there to here (up north more than 500mi) at $100 shipping and will ship 2 cabinets for the price of 1. I believe he may have some Neo Candies left, if your interested, you should contact him. He's selling them with a BIN price of $295. He seems like a nice guy on the phone and even offered to rotate my monitor for me free of charge. The ETA for our cabinets is Wednesday so I will be able to vouch for his services and products then.
julius is very helpful and my 2 astros came without issues, way out here in NJ, 420$ for 2 shipped. it would be good to hear of your experience when they arrive. i used NAVL.
Excellent. I'm very happy to hear your transactions went well with Julius. I've seen pics of your Astros on neo-geo.com they look beautiful. Hopefully our Neo Candy 25's will look as nice when they arrive. I'll have updates when the time comes.